Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Blasphemy accused gunned down inside courtroom at Peshawar Judicial Complex

(Read 2231 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Blasphemy accused gunned down inside courtroom at Peshawar Judicial Complex
     OP - July 30, 2020, 03:36 AM

Blasphemy accused gunned down inside courtroom at Peshawar Judicial Complex  says news from Land of Pure

An elderly man was killed during the hearing of a blasphemy case against him at the Peshawar Judicial Complex on Wednesday, police told Dawn.

A lawyer, who was present in the courtroom when the incident happened, said that a case had been registered against the deceased under blasphemy laws. The accused was brought to court from Peshawar Central Jail.

"During the hearing of the case, the complainant said that the accused was an Ahmadi and asked him to recite the Kalima-e-Tayyaba," she said, adding that the complainant then fired at the elderly man and killed him.

In a tweet, Jamaat-i-Ahmadiyya Pakistan spokesperson Saleemuddin denied that the deceased was an Ahmadi. "He was born Ahmadi but left the community many years ago," the spokesperson added. The judicial complex is situated in a high-security zone on the main Khyber Road in the cantonment area where the provincial assembly building, the Peshawar High Court, chief minister's secretariat and Governor House are also situated. Security at the main gate and inside the judicial complex is also high.

Peshawar Capital City Police Officer (CCPO) Mohammad Ali Gandapur and SSP (operations) Mansoor Aman visited the courtroom where the man was killed. Gandapur said the shooter was "arrested on the spot".

"At the moment we have little information but we have started investigation into the killing," the CCPO said. Aman added that the weapon has also been recovered.

A first information report (FIR) was registered against the shooter under Sections 302 (punishment for premeditated murder), Section 7 of the Anti-Terrorism Act (ATA) and Section 15 of the Arms Act on the complaint of a police officer.

Police shifted the body of the deceased, a resident of Board Bazaar, to the Khyber Medical University for post-mortem.

Police said an FIR had been registered against the deceased in 2018. According to the FIR, a copy of which is available with Dawn.com, the complainant alleged that the deceased belonged to the Ahmadi community and "befriended him on Facebook" and in subsequent conversations, claimed that he was the "fourteenth Mujaddid".

"He then invited me to have a discussion with him at a mall in the city where he started talking about his belief," the complainant said in the FIR, going on to make more allegations.

The deceased was charged under Section 153-A (promoting enmity between different groups), section 295-A (deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage religious feelings of any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs), Section 295-B (defiling etc. of the Holy Quran), Section 295-C (use of derogatory remarks against Prophet Muhammad PBUH) and Section 298 (uttering words etc., with deliberate intent to wound religious feelings) of the Pakistan Penal Code.

well that is the news

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1 - July 30, 2020, 12:54 PM

Well not much information was known yesterday on  that Blasphemy murder in the court room..  more news on that

Pakistan blasphemy: Gunman shoots accused dead in court   BBC NEWS

The suspected gunman was identified by the authorities as Khalid - it's unclear how he brought a gun into the courtroom
     ..The victim, Tahir Ahmad Naseem, was accused of blasphemy in 2018 by a teenager.

ASS HOLES OF ISLAM.... accuse people and kill them in the name of Blasphemy... THIS NEED TO STOP  .. HANG THAT BASTARD HIGH ON THE POLE IN THE CENTER OF PESHAWAR  .... LEAVE HIM THERE FOR MONTH OR SO ...

or or put him in the zoo along with some animals without clothes so every one who visits zoo can watch him  .. A teenager accuses blasphemy and theses BRUTAL ROGUES OF ISLAM kill the person in day light inside the court

that person who died in that court room is  Tahir Naseem

A 47-year-old US citizen, accused of blasphemy, was shot dead inside a courtroom in Pakistan Wednesday during his trial. Tahir Naseem was reportedly shot several times in front of a judge during a hearing in a district court in Peshawar.

Naseem was a member of the Ahmadiyya sect — a minority community that is considered non-Muslim in Pakistan. The Pakistani government outlawed the community in a series of constitutional amendments and ordinances passed between 1974 and 1984. However, according to a spokesperson of the community, Naseem had left the Ahmadiyya sect many years ago, said a report in NayaDaur, an online Pakistani news portal.

The attacker named Khalid, who was heard shouting angrily that Naseem was an “enemy of Islam”, was arrested at the scene, BBC reported. The US State Department’s Bureau of South and Central Asian Affairs condemned the incident Thursday and demanded “immediate action” by the Pakistan government.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pakistan-blasphemy-suspect-killed-courtroom/

Reply #2 - July 31, 2020, 07:00 AM

I imagine this will keep happening until a government repeals these anti-Ahmadiyya laws and the blasphemy laws in general.
     Reply #3 - August 01, 2020, 09:03 AM

I imagine this will keep happening until a government repeals these anti-Ahmadiyya laws and the blasphemy laws in general.

In Pakistan.. they.........the selected governments........  can not do that .. even if they do that that is not good enough.. ..  much of the country educated as well as uneducated population lives with "IDENTITY CRISIS"   .. on that Irfan Husain wrote an article today... let me put bit of that here

Our identity crisis by Irfan Husain  01 Aug 2020 

........In Bradbury’s dark vision, the world is run by authoritarian rulers whose agents go around burning books. Information, advertisements and entertainment are only available on the electronic media which, of course, is controlled by the state. Written in 1953 at the height of the Cold War, the book was motivated by Bradbury’s revulsion of the McCarthyist crackdown on real and suspected communists in the United States..........

..........But we have many examples of book-burning that are all too real: witness the inferno of all printed material thought to be against the Papacy. Begun in 1480 in Spain, the autos-da-fé of the Inquisition killed thousands for any views deemed to be unorthodox. Men and women could be tortured, or burned alive if accused of witchcraft..........

......The great Library of Alexandria that had the ambition of housing every scroll ever inscribed fell into a state of disrepair as rulers who followed Alexander and his successors began to suspect the power of ideas. ((The Library, or part of its collection, was accidentally burned by Julius Caesar during his civil war in 48 BC))....

......More recently still, the Nazis incinerated piles of book seized from Jewish homes as they dragged the occupants out to be sent to death camps......

Now come to Islam in present govt of  Pakistan ..

Here in Pakistan, we have a problem of a different dimension. In most other countries, books are written and sold in larger numbers than ever before, and little censorship exists. In Pakistan, in an attempt to drag us even further back, the state has been stamping its authority on books for years. This effort has recently attained new heights in Punjab that is governed by Imran Khan’s hapless satrap, Sardar Usman Buzdar. One had hoped that the appointment of this unknown tribal chief would result in better governance. But this hasn’t been the case.

A recent bill passed by the Punjab Assembly, the Tahafuzz-i-Bunyaad-i-Islam, lays down various penalties for publishers, booksellers and printers for selling books that do not conform to the nomenclature laid down to accompany the names of various historical Muslim luminaries. Shia leaders had some doubts, so the stage is now set for a totally unnecessary confrontation.

With the passage of this bill, I can imagine the celebrations taking place in the office of Punjab’s director general, public relations. This worthy will henceforth be responsible for implementing this law. I can imagine minions from this office conducting raids on Lahore’s excellent bookshops, and hauling away obscure books written by foreign scholars unaware of these new requirements.

Meanwhile, the Punjab Textbook Board has banned 100 textbooks used in private schools for unspecified reasons. (I am grateful to I.A. Rehman for this information.)

We have been banning films, paintings, books and poems with abandon for several years now. Anything with a whiff of independent thought is immediately suspect, and its creator branded a traitor at the drop of a hat. And increasingly, he or she is hounded and, in far too many cases, kidnapped and beaten up or treated roughly, as we saw in the recent case of journalist Matiullah Jan.

A state confident of its legitimacy and proud of its history and culture does not stoop to censorship to protect itself. But since Partition, Pakistan has been locked in an identity crisis as the state seeks to find its place in the world.

Islam takes us towards Saudi Arabia — although there are more non-Arab Muslims than there are Arabs. And our history and culture are very much South Asian, as attested by our cuisine, music and marriage customs.

In order to justify our separation from India and Jinnah’s two nation theory, successive governments have attempted to show that Pakistan is indeed a country with a different cultural identity. Hence this drive to Arabise our educational system, and somehow transform the country into an Arab state.

Of course the Arabs despise us for this pathetic effort to imitate them, but can beggars be choosers?

but you are right dear  Ward_End removing those  blasphemy laws  that were erected by GHQ /Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq   general  President of Pakistan  will help a bit...  but that is not good enough ..STATE MUST PROTECT FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION .. even some one critical of  the government of the state ..

but the totalitarian governing systems  around the globe will not accept  that freedom of expression  .. and Islamic nations/ rules and conditions of Islam  are way up in the ladder   on building totalitarian governing systems..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #4 - August 22, 2020, 03:17 PM

Tahir Ahmad Naseem, left, and his daughter Mashal Naseem in an undated photo. Photo courtesy of Mashal Naseem

Her American father was shot in a blasphemy trial in Pakistan. Now she’s fighting for justice says news

Mashal Naseem thought she knew pain two years ago, the day she received the news her father had been imprisoned on blasphemy charges after being lured to Pakistan, where such crimes of conscience have landed people on death row. But late last month, she understood what true agony felt like. On July 29, her father, 57-year-old Tahir Ahmad Naseem, was killed in cold blood — in the very courtroom where he was being tried for claiming to be a prophet.

“I want people to know he had a family,” said his daughter, a 20-year-old student. She and her mother, sister and brother all live in the suburbs of Chicago. “He was somebody’s father, somebody’s uncle, somebody’s husband. He had the biggest heart I’ve ever seen. He was the kind of person I’ll probably never see again.”

These days, she finds herself dissociating, getting lost in memories of walking with her father in nature reserves until her feet gave out, discussing philosophy and God. She writes letters to him, plans for the funeral service her family hopes to hold soon — and prays no family faces this torment again.

“What’s frustrating is that this happened to an American citizen, someone who was supposed to be protected by America,” she told Religion News Service. Since her family’s ordeal began, she said, it has felt like they’ve been pushing for justice alone.

Now, she is fighting for the U.S. government to deliver justice for her father, whether by extraditing his confessed killer to the U.S for trial or issuing a forceful call for Pakistan to undo its blasphemy laws.

“He could claim to be God himself, and he still had the right to say what he wanted,” his daughter told RNS. “Does that mean that I’m going to agree with him? No, of course not. But still, I am going to support his freedom of speech and freedom of religion, just as I’ll support anybody.”

Contrary to media reports, his daughter said, Naseem was not schizophrenic and had not been diagnosed with any mental illness. After his mother died when he was a teen, he had been hospitalized several times due to severe depressive episodes.

“Pakistani blasphemy laws are draconian, but it’s no longer just the laws,” Ispahani said. “From the school curriculum to political and media discussions, religious intolerance has seeped into the very fabric of society in Pakistan today.”

The biggest target of this state-led discrimination and extrajudicial violence has been Pakistan’s beleaguered Ahmadi community.

In Pakistan, a constitutional amendment declares Ahmadis as legally non-Muslim. To “pose as Muslims” by referring to their mosques as mosques, voting as Muslims or referencing Islam on their gravestones is illegal; mobs, if not police themselves, often destroy gravestones with any Islamic prayers.

Since Naseem’s killing, at least three Ahmadi men across the country have been attacked, including a 61-year-old man who was shot dead last week in Peshawar.

That is Mashal Naseem today....  ..I hope Mashal Stay  strong.. stays focused on her life 

Rogues of  corrupted the book.. corrupted the laws in the name of Islam and then they kill people in a cold blooded with some FUCKING LAWS...

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »