Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Yasir Qadhi vs ExMuslim

(Read 12247 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Yasir Qadhi vs ExMuslim
     Reply #30 - June 14, 2015, 10:54 AM

Did you go through it? What did Mr Qazi have to say?
    Personally I don't have the patience to go through an hour long video with Yasir QaZi. Sorry, I mean Qadhi, that deluded fool  grin12
     Reply #31 - January 09, 2016, 04:42 PM

............Sorry, I mean Qadhi, that deluded fool  grin12

There will be serious problem in near future if  some deluded fool gets elected and religious nutcases get the financial support from tax payers money  to do  their voodoo in public  and fool the public.. it is a downward spiral..

I think every one must  watch that tube ... though it is waste of an hr or so..

nutcases talk nonsense to fool people but put them in a psychology laboratory.,  they will be little chickens/rats and run away..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #32 - August 02, 2020, 09:05 AM

Yasir Qahdi's "Holes in the Standard Narrative" Interview Explained
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ftFjrRjPjrk&time_continue=600&feature=emb_title

Ismail Ibrahim - The preservation of the Quran and apostasy: the blame game

https://www.facebook.com/notes/ismail-ibrahim/the-preservation-of-the-quran-apostasy-the-blame-game/10157692181942689/
     Reply #33 - August 02, 2020, 11:22 AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1YoBw5-aVaI&t=5s
     Reply #34 - August 02, 2020, 02:19 PM

Quote from:
    Ismail Ibrahim - The preservation of the Quran and apostasy: the blame game

Quote from:
    Apostasy has many reasons:

lack of comprehension
    half-baked knowledge
    family problems
    lack of sense of community (compensated by far too much time on the internet)
    prior festering doubts
    psychological problems
    external influences especially from Orientalists
    and yes – considering the faith to be embodied in one person who then changes their view on xyz, so this poor soul thinks the entire faith has changed and therefore isn’t worth investing any effort in it anymore.

But let’s talk about a real cause of apostasy. They are the narratives that everyone would be advised to unlearn sooner rather than later – elements of which include:

that “Quran = Qira’at”,
    that every letter and dot of the Qira’at is from the Divine,
    that the Rasm never influenced recitation of the Qurra,
    that nobody ever criticized the Qira’at of the 7/10,
    that the Rasm is divine,
    that Ibn Abi Dawud’s al-Masahif is full of weak and unacceptable narrations and therefore can be dismissed in its most part,
    that somehow later scholars got right what early scholars got wrong,
    that Ibn Masud never had a spat with Uthman over Zayd, the Masahif and the Quranic chapters,
    that the Quran we recite in Salah is based on Qira’at that are Mutawatir and no less will do…

and I can go on. Someone who is fed this narrative to the point of obesity, ever since they were in nappies, are destined for failure. When they then hit university in their late teens with superficial supplementary Islamic knowledge, or go online as curious individuals would so – in a sincere endeavour I must add – and are provided with another story of the Quran altogether, by Orientalists who quite easily debunk the above myths through our own Muslim primary sources but give Islam the usual negative spin in the process, these curious individuals start asking questions and do more digging. The seed of apostasy has been planted right there as most scholars aren’t equipped with the answers, and those who are are sticking to the usual narrative.

seems to be a clever chap but I wonder why people like him don't make the logical leap to question the whole Islam narrative? maybe it goes back to his first list of apostasy reasons, ie emotional/psychological triggers are more potent than rational thinking.

• Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »