Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Malala Yousafzai completes her Oxford degree

(Read 1778 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Malala Yousafzai completes her Oxford degree
     OP - June 21, 2020, 12:02 AM

Malala Yousafzai, the education campaigner who was shot by the Taliban, has spoken of her "joy and gratitude" after finishing her degree at Oxford.

The 22-year-old shared pictures of her celebrating with the caption: "Hard to express my joy and gratitude right now as I completed my Philosophy, Politics and Economics degree at Oxford."

"I don't know what's ahead. For now, it will be Netflix, reading and sleep."

In one of the two photos, she is covered in food and confetti, which is known as "trashing" and traditionally done after Oxford students complete their exams.

The other picture shows her with her family.

In 2012, Ms Yousafzai survived an attack from a Taliban gunman, who shot her in the head, neck and shoulder while she was on her way home from school in Pakistan.

She was targeted after campaigning for better access to education for girls.

Ms Yousafzai travelled to Birmingham for medical treatment and joined the all-girls Edgbaston High School.

In 2014, she became the youngest person to ever win the Nobel Peace Prize.

Thousands of people replied to Ms Yousafzai's tweet to express their good wishes, such as Mayor of London Sadiq Khan, who said: "Congratulations Malala. You continue to inspire and empower the next generation of young women and girls to know that there is no limits to their aspirations."

Author and fellow Oxford student Philip Pullman simply tweeted "Congratulations", while NASA astronaut Anne McClain - who studied in England - tweeted: "Congratulations on your graduation Malala!

"For so many, higher education is the start of great things. For you, great things preceded it and I can only imagine the even greater ones to follow. The world is lucky to have you on it."

https://news.sky.com/story/malala-yousafzai-celebrates-oxford-degree-8-years-after-being-shot-by-taliban-12010519

Truly a credit to her family. I'm sorry but it has to be said, the Yousafzais put to shame those particular British Pakistani families who've sat in the sanctuary of the UK for several decades yet send their sons to brainwashing Islamic seminaries or their daughters shipped off 'back home' to be married off, often against their will. Enter civilisation you uncultured barbarians.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »