Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Woman set on fire in Iraq by husband

(Read 2113 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Woman set on fire in Iraq by husband
     OP - April 20, 2020, 11:46 AM

An Iraqi woman was pictured writing in pain on her hospital bed after she was allegedly set alight by her abusive husband - before dying of her wounds.

Malak Haider al-Zubaidi, 20, was photographed in hospital in the city of Najaf last week before dying of multiple organ failure caused by her burns on Saturday...

Husband Mohammed Al Mayahli, a police officer, is now facing calls for prosecution along with his family which is said to include a high-ranking member of the military.

Malak's family say he was abusive to her and had cut off all contact for the last eight months, causing her to become distressed.

They say that on the day she was burned, Mohammed attacked her with a phone charging cable before she was doused in petrol and set alight.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8236263/Iraqi-woman-20-burned-death-abusive-husband.html
     Reply #1 - April 20, 2020, 01:20 PM

Hi ward-end., well such news are NOT specific to Muslims., So I hope you are NOT coupling such news to Islamic misogyny  that exists in Islamic society due to Islamic preaching ., In fact I would consider such ROGUES WHO DO SUCH HORRIBLE STUFF TO THEIR OWN FAMILY  ARE NO MUSLIMS AND ARE NOT HUMAN .. No faith rules allow such brutal criminal acts ..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - April 20, 2020, 06:35 PM

I would consider such ROGUES WHO DO SUCH HORRIBLE STUFF TO THEIR OWN FAMILY  ARE NO MUSLIMS AND ARE NOT HUMAN .. No faith rules allow such brutal criminal acts ..

Are you sure about that? This sort of behaviour isn't exactly uncommon within muslim communities so can religion really be off the hook?
     Reply #3 - April 20, 2020, 09:35 PM

Hi ward-end., well such news are NOT specific to Muslims., So I hope you are NOT coupling such news to Islamic misogyny  that exists in Islamic society due to Islamic preaching ., In fact I would consider such ROGUES WHO DO SUCH HORRIBLE STUFF TO THEIR OWN FAMILY  ARE NO MUSLIMS AND ARE NOT HUMAN .. No faith rules allow such brutal criminal acts ..

I merely reacted to the story having just glanced at it on the site and posted here, without comment. But as you mention religion, well my guess is that it does indeed have a role to play in creating a culture of misogyny. I have no doubt that many if not most of these misogynistic crimes of 'honour' aren't committed with any particular scripture in mind. But you can lead an almost entirely secular life, ignoring almost all of the religious tenets and yet still inheret the patriarchal values of say, women having to obey the man of the house. Especially when such values are so widespread in the 'Muslim world'. It's like when peaceful Muslims in Europe want to completely separate themselves from 'rogues' who commit sexual crimes and say 'it has nothing to do with Islam, they're spitting in the face of our great religion by sleeping around, drinking, gambling etc'. They're right in the sense that they may not be faithful in the core tenets of Islam but that doesn't mean they havent absorbed the patriarchal values of man over woman promoted by faith from their own family and community. And that provides plenty of breeding ground of misogyny and to commit atrocities infused with it amongst the most wretched parts of our communities.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »