Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Nostalgia, nostalgia...

(Read 8495 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Nostalgia, nostalgia...
     OP - March 26, 2020, 04:06 PM

Oh my god. How I miss this place.

I remember defending Islam on this forums, giving fallacious arguments in favour of it (for e.g. the kalam cosmological argument; the fine-tuning argument; etc). I used to spin the physics, albeit unknowingly and out of my ignorance, for the support of a supernatural intelligence. I later felt as if Islam was untouchable, as I considered the Muslim responses to the arguments that I brought up, at the time, to be quite poor. But that was merely because of my religious biases stopping me from thinking critically. So because of that mindset that I held, everything that opposed Islam, I assumed by fiat to be false.

But I am happy to come back on these forums as an atheist. I really missed this place. Glad to see that this place is still up and running. And hello to everyone.

Ahl as-sunnah wal-jamāʻah and following the way of the Salaf. - nope, not anymore.
     Reply #1 - March 28, 2020, 12:04 PM

What finally pushed you into the unbeliever camp? Rational or emotional arguments?
     Reply #2 - March 29, 2020, 08:49 PM

What finally pushed you into the unbeliever camp? Rational or emotional arguments?

Rational arguments. I made a thread on only some of these arguments (there are many, many more). Check it out: https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=31723.msg887431#msg887431

Ahl as-sunnah wal-jamāʻah and following the way of the Salaf. - nope, not anymore.
     Reply #3 - January 19, 2021, 06:55 PM

Hi  parrot

I haven't been here for a while. Unfortunately, this forum is rather dead now. People moved to other platforms as Reddit.
    But I'm actually positively surprised that made a turn. You were always the scary Muslim for me  w00t
     Reply #4 - January 20, 2021, 04:01 AM

Haha ElToro, I remember you! Great to hear from you again. These forums were an amazing place for debates, ahh. I hope I wasn’t that scary when I was on here  Cheesy

Everybody has moved on it seems. I go on exmuslim Reddit from time to time, but most people on there seem to be quite young, with objections that seem to not be that sophisticated. Perhaps I made a wrong conclusion from a small sample of posts that I saw, so I may go back and have another look.

But more importantly take care of yourself!

Reply #5 - January 21, 2021, 03:33 AM

I go on exmuslim Reddit from time to time, but most people on there seem to be quite young, with objections that seem to not be that sophisticated. Perhaps I made a wrong conclusion from a small sample of posts that I saw, so I may go back and have another look.

^ Sounds about right

Same for ex-Muslim Twitter

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #6 - January 25, 2021, 07:44 AM

Haha ElToro, I remember you! Great to hear from you again. These forums were an amazing place for debates, ahh. I hope I wasn’t that scary when I was on here  Cheesy

Everybody has moved on it seems. I go on exmuslim Reddit from time to time, but most people on there seem to be quite young, with objections that seem to not be that sophisticated. Perhaps I made a wrong conclusion from a small sample of posts that I saw, so I may go back and have another look.

Your right on them skewing younger im not exactly old myself since im in my early 20s but this forum seems to have had older people that hold wisdom. Seems like you had quite the journey yourself.
     Reply #7 - February 07, 2021, 04:14 PM

Yes, I think also that Reddit is more for a younger audience. Here we had good posts and awesome people.
     Reply #8 - February 07, 2021, 11:41 PM

Yes, I think also that Reddit is more for a younger audience. Here we had good posts and awesome people.

The first time I signed up to this forum, I was 17. Now I am 25. Years later, nothing can replace what this forum has represented for me. It has allowed me to grow so much intellectually and inspired me to take control of my life. And for that, I will be forever grateful to this place.

Reply #9 - February 20, 2021, 01:20 AM

Did you get my WhatsApp message?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #10 - March 06, 2021, 11:42 PM

The first time I signed up to this forum, I was 17. Now I am 25. Years later, nothing can replace what this forum has represented for me. It has allowed me to grow so much intellectually and inspired me to take control of my life. And for that, I will be forever grateful to this place.

Miss you, hope you are well!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #11 - March 16, 2021, 02:06 PM

1000%

Yeah an I am super ugly, I can't even beat my chest am too skinny and when I roaaar to attract women, they laugh at me, because it sounds like a girl screaming. I can't even attract any bitches!  Cry

Reply #12 - March 20, 2021, 10:37 PM

Reply #13 - March 20, 2021, 10:41 PM

the reason why this forum is dead is because people like you lot abandoned it.
     Reply #14 - March 21, 2021, 08:24 PM

They abandoned it for fucking echo chambers and hidden WhatsApp 'support groups'. Although that's a sign of the Internet zeitgeist at this moment in time I suppose, everyone regressing into their own holes, in more ways than one. Reddit has become a cesspool of overzealous mods, even in subs where you'd hope that they would know better as to not to police speech or curry favour with prevailing moods in the air at any time.
     Reply #15 - March 29, 2021, 06:39 PM

Yes, it's been abandoned by many, including myself. I still loathe Islam, but in a more general, less personal way. I've kind of given up on muslims 'seeing the light' or getting stressed at all the violation of human rights abuses, especially against women....

Most people initally join to process all the ramifications of being a new ex-muslim. And then simply - thanks in part to forums like these! - they move on, because Islam ceases to take up so much headspace.

The other big reason, of course, is that there are so many other on-line options available for ex-muslims now, so fewer newbies available....

Good to see you're still posting, Ward_End. I hope you're in a better place than when you first joined.
     Reply #16 - August 18, 2021, 01:26 AM

I think I remember trading a few messages with you. Welcome back. parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »