Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Apostasy Alternative

(Read 31551 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Apostasy Alternative
     Reply #150 - April 15, 2022, 10:07 AM

cynical muslims wanted: must ignore all religious norms whilst retaining only a nominal muslim identity

prayer junkies and guilt-ridden sinners need not apply!
  • Apostasy Alternative
     Reply #151 - May 01, 2022, 11:55 AM

right, so twitter under new mgt, might be finally time to post my disjointed ideas on there.
  • Apostasy Alternative
     Reply #152 - May 06, 2022, 04:59 PM

saudi apostates used as argument against verifying identities on twitter.

https://restofworld.org/2022/where-anonymity-on-twitter-is-a-matter-of-life-or-death/
  • Apostasy Alternative
     Reply #153 - May 13, 2022, 08:30 AM

let’s go back to the 90s and reprogram muslim automatons to undo this future.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=38by00DGid0
  • Apostasy Alternative
     Reply #154 - October 25, 2022, 12:11 AM

The cemb approach is about being provocative.
    To be fair, it doesn't take much to provoke muslims but I guess it highlights their intolerance. I'm not sure whether it changes any minds though. Radical activism only effects change through infiltrating the education system - but hijabified and segregated schools  show that hasn't happened. Despite their public enemy status, muslims still have support from labour politicians (currently). Meanwhile, exmuslims barely register on the radar and raising awareness on twitter or stunts outside embassies won't change that. Sure, they will be used as talking points and native informants but it's a dead end in my opinion.

My solution is stubborn individualism. It bypasses the muslim community and the host society - neither of those can be expected to do us any favours in britain. Nor do we have the borrow the language of race, feminist or lgbt activists.

We already have legal rights and the closet mindset does not apply. The ex-muslim identifier should be scrapped too. It's a mental trap which is best avoided.

Hello crumble....your point on STUBBORN INDIVIDUALISM without ex-muslim tag., 

.How do we solve this ex-Muslim problem in the eastern part of the world.. Many of us are very much connected to those countries that are in terrible flux due to political/economic/religious problems..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9tQGpQskGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV_7etOWrl4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edpOnjs8rWw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWKsNWXLlHk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5iKXcJR2Ac

there are 1000s of them and the numbers growing exponentially dear crumble

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Apostasy Alternative
     Reply #155 - October 27, 2022, 11:38 PM

leaving religion is not a goal in of itself. it's just a means to an end.

cemb was a mistake but that's fine so long as people learn from it. the lack of activity on this forum should point to people moving on from seeing themselves as a persecuted minority and just getting on with living normal-ish lives.

as a brown person in britain, I can't give you solutions for the subcontinent or any other foreign country. so find your own answers and ignore the self-appointed activists.
  • Apostasy Alternative
     Reply #156 - November 12, 2022, 03:18 AM

A good amount of work for its own sake has been undertaken by folks at cemb and other ex-Muslims/secularism so I wouldn't want to be glib on that point. Look, it was never so much what people believed as it was how they affected society. Secularism more than atheism. Heck a lot of notable liberal/secular Muslims did a better job highlighting the problem of jihadism in Britain for example than born and bred atheists and liberals who'd rather not deal with Muslim thugs or Islamists in Bradford and elsewhere.

I think the ex-Muslim label holds a lot of value if you're in Iran or Saudi Arabia for example. In the end it would be good to live in a society where calling yourself ex-Muslim seems quaint. Millions don't have that luxury.
  • Apostasy Alternative
     Reply #157 - November 12, 2022, 07:44 PM

hello crumble and Ward_End  there are some nuggets in your posts ..  such as these highlighted statements So I will respond to them but not now
    1). leaving religion is not a goal in of itself. it's just a means to an end.

2). cemb was a mistake but that's fine so long as people learn from it.

3). the lack of activity on this forum should point to people moving on from seeing themselves as a persecuted minority and just getting on with living normal-ish lives.

4). as a brown person in britain, I can't give you solutions for the subcontinent or any other foreign country. so find your own answers and ignore the self-appointed activists.

1). A good amount of work for its own sake has been undertaken by folks at cemb and other ex-Muslims/secularism so I wouldn't want to be glib on that point.

2). Look, it was never so much what people believed as it was how they affected society.

3).  Secularism more than atheism.

4). Heck a lot of notable liberal/secular Muslims did a better job highlighting the problem of jihadism in Britain for example than born and bred atheists and liberals who'd rather not deal with Muslim thugs or Islamists in Bradford and elsewhere.

5). I think the ex-Muslim label holds a lot of value if you're in Iran or Saudi Arabia for example.

6)  In the end it would be good to live in a society where calling yourself ex-Muslim seems quaint. Millions don't have that luxury.

So those are all very important points ...  They need some time to think and write  I will think about them and respond ..  but for now .. Ward_End   I don't get this from you

5). I think the ex-Muslim label holds a lot of value if you're in Iran or Saudi Arabia for example.

You mean to say.,  if you are living in Iran or Saudi Arabia  .,THIS EX-MUSLIM TAG WILL HAVE MORE VALUE??.. and this ex-Muslim tag has no value in other so-called Islamic nations where over 90% of their population follows Islam? ..such countries as ........

Afghanistan., Algeria.,, ., Egypt.,  Indonesia., Iraq., Jordan., Libya., Morocco., Palestine...Somalia., Sudan., Syria .. etc..etc

I ASK YOU WHY??

As far as crumble  post is concerned ., this caught my eye...
    2). cemb was a mistake but that's fine so long as people learn from it.

well you know the cemb forum  was formed in some time in Nov. 2007., At that time it was an important step for many members that left "Faith freedom international(including me.. I USED TO LOOK AFTER THAT FORUM)   and    we are not living in the year 2010  or 2015 .. this is the end of 2022.,  you know we can make a Elon Musk jump

Cheesy  Cheesy   and make new forum., Anyway ., It is NOT that difficult to CLOSE THIS DOWN AND make a  new forum...  The only problem may be there are  some very important posts and early  Islam Literature here and there ..

I am not sure what people learn from this mistake of forming  or joining this forum .. but your other points are valid..

best  wishes
    yeezevee

• Apostasy Alternative
     Reply #158 - November 13, 2022, 11:52 AM

In the end it would be good to live in a society where calling yourself ex-Muslim seems quaint. Millions don't have that luxury.

but we live in britain and things have moved on from 15 years ago. even if lessons were learned from the cemb experiment, it is still a failure.

Quote from: yeezevee
    you know we can make a Elon Musk jump and make new forum., Anyway ., It is NOT that difficult to CLOSE THIS DOWN AND make a  new forum...  The only problem may be there are  some very important posts and early  Islam Literature here and there

it is inevitable that this forum will close. reposting key fragments to popular sites like twitter would increase their chances of survival.
  • Apostasy Alternative
     Reply #159 - November 29, 2022, 05:10 PM

You mean to say.,  if you are living in Iran or Saudi Arabia  .,THIS EX-MUSLIM TAG WILL HAVE MORE VALUE??.. and this ex-Muslim tag has no value in other so-called Islamic nations where over 90% of their population follows Islam? ..such countries as ........

Afghanistan., Algeria.,, ., Egypt.,  Indonesia., Iraq., Jordan., Libya., Morocco., Palestine...Somalia., Sudan., Syria .. etc..etc

I ASK YOU WHY??

FOR EXAMPLE  Cheesy
  • Apostasy Alternative
     Reply #160 - November 30, 2022, 04:39 AM

FOR EXAMPLE  Cheesy

for example

RIP CEMB FORUM
    Thanks to Elon Musk Twitter

But I tell you if CEMB forum members had  Elon Musk  as CEMB owner and they get  paid  like twitter employees IT WILL NEVER DIE

And having T-shirt  That says ..

I am an Ex- Muslim
    Is injurious to your health 
    Hence It should not be allowed
     Cheesy Cheesy

but let me watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdZZpaB2kDM

• Apostasy Alternative
     Reply #161 - December 05, 2022, 03:23 AM

but let me watch this

No, read this instead.  https://onlysky.media/eiynah/the-great-replacement-how-new-atheists-legitimized-and-spread-a-white-nationalist-conspiracy-theory/

Apparently a lot of these atheist heroes are carriers of a nasty white genocide conspiracy and that it's good that the 'new atheism' movement of the late 2000s died. This writer sees herself as a brave whistleblower on the 'atheist scene'.

Oh and btw Elon would just tell us all to leave this old style forum, he wouldn't bother reforming it!
  • Apostasy Alternative
     Reply #162 - December 17, 2022, 06:33 PM

well .. she is good.. nut a long way to go .. any way on Atheists .. New age atheists'.. died down atheism  and on your other post  at
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bUSdeidSdJY&t=141s

No one wants to deal with the gutter Islam of London or Bradistan. They want to be laissez faire about that kind of Islam. If we just hug enough hijabi women and give them space in The Guardian then maybe the nastier Muslims in the country won't be so mean and therefore will come to share our love and tolerance. Well that seems to be their thinking.

Well, good luck to them as they sideline Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Dawkins and heck, secular Muslims themselves who warn people like these:

But these are 'moderates' it seems after the wave of allahu Akhbar boom booms across Western Europe in the past decade. You can say you support capital punishment for apostasy and you're proud of that (Ali Dawah) but if you denounce ISIS, such a high bar, you can get on podcasts. Yeah...

As for the London 'leftists', they'd rather deal with some old fat guy with orange hair called Trump, who isn't even part of their country and congratulate themselves for their hatred of bigotry whilst turning a blind eye to the Islamic fascists in their own back yard.

..let us watch these videos ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ3EU58AzFs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEh5JyZC218

both deals with complex issues of human societies . but watching these guys gives me more  to my brain  than the videos of those foolish three videos ..

My goodness that was an angry post from you Ward_End But I am not interested watching those foolish videos right now   but because you put that Dawkins video  .. so I am responding to you here

anyways please watch them

best wishes
    yeezevee

• Apostasy Alternative
     Reply #163 - December 21, 2022, 01:42 PM

well .. she is good.

Meh, I didn't post that because I endorsed it...

I am not interested watching those foolish videos right now

I didn't ask you to watch them, I posted them for its own sake.

• Apostasy Alternative
     Reply #164 - January 29, 2023, 12:24 PM

class > religion/race.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/jan/29/focusing-on-diversity-means-we-miss-the-big-picture-its-class-that-shapes-our-lives
  • Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6« Previous thread | Next thread »