Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Homegrown

(Read 3482 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Homegrown
     OP - February 08, 2020, 10:40 AM

I see that the citizenship deprivation order was upheld in the case of that schoolgirl who went to syria.

Problem is, these vegetable brains are being grown in this country. They're an export, not an import.

• Homegrown
     Reply #1 - February 08, 2020, 12:31 PM

I see that the citizenship deprivation order was upheld in the case of that schoolgirl who went to syria.

Problem is, these vegetable brains are being grown in this country. They're an export, not an import.

And such 99% of brains that come from in & around London are grown due to in-home problems + the spice rubbish from Islam that is added BY THIS IDIOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FT-CTA8tpA

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Homegrown
     Reply #2 - February 08, 2020, 12:39 PM

maajid finds that fans of his anti-grooming posts are not fans of his rule-of-law posts.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MaajidNawaz/status/1225814993943375872
  • Homegrown
     Reply #3 - July 16, 2020, 12:29 PM

some good news for due process:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jul/16/shamima-begum-wins-right-to-return-to-uk
  • Homegrown
     Reply #4 - February 26, 2021, 02:31 PM

UK Supreme Court rules that she can't come back to appeal the decision to have citizenship revoked:

Shamima Begum, who left the UK for Syria to join the Islamic State group as a teenager, will not be allowed to return and fight her citizenship case, the Supreme Court has ruled.

The court said in a unanimous ruling that her rights were not breached when she was refused permission to return.

Ms Begum, 21, wants to come back to challenge the home secretary's decision to remove her British nationality.

She is currently in a camp controlled by armed guards in northern Syria.

Ms Begum was 15 when she and two other east London schoolgirls left the UK in February 2015 and travelled to Syria to join the Islamic State group.

In 2019, the then-Home Secretary Sajid Javid stripped Ms Begum of her citizenship on national security grounds.

Last July, the Court of Appeal ruled that the only fair way forward was to allow her into the UK because she could not effectively appeal against the decision from the camp in northern Syria.

The Home Office subsequently appealed to the Supreme Court to reconsider the Court of Appeal's judgement, arguing that allowing her to return to the UK "would create significant national security risks".

On Friday, Lord Reed, president of the Supreme Court, said the government had been entitled to prevent Ms Begum from returning to the UK.

Announcing the ruling, Lord Reed said: "The Supreme Court unanimously allows all of the home secretary's appeals and dismisses Ms Begum's cross-appeal."

He said the Court of Appeal's judgment "did not give the home secretary's assessment the respect which it should have received" given the role's "responsibility for making such assessments" and accountability to parliament.

Lord Reed added the Court of Appeal had "mistakenly believed that, when an individual's right to have a fair hearing... came into conflict with the requirements of national security, her right to a fair hearing must prevail."

He said the right to a fair hearing did "not trump all other considerations, such as the safety of the public"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56209007

A big part of me is bummed that we're just dumping her out there, washing our hands of our responsibility. But at the same I'm reminded of the old expression... Allah ni marzi.
  • Homegrown
     Reply #5 - February 26, 2021, 03:50 PM

So what the court has effectively done is given legal cover to arbitrary banishment. Rule Brexitannia, sinking under the waves.
  • Homegrown
     Reply #6 - March 20, 2021, 11:32 AM

the telegraph publishing a stark makeover? possibly signalling a govt u-turn in the pipeline.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1371193368223608832
  • Homegrown
     Reply #7 - March 21, 2021, 07:50 PM

It makes no sense to remove her citizenship, I believe this has a racial element I doubt a Nazi would have thier citizenship revoked. Deal with her like any other british terrorist.
  • Homegrown
     Reply #8 - March 21, 2021, 08:30 PM

It makes no sense to remove her citizenship, I believe this has a racial element I doubt a Nazi would have thier citizenship revoked. Deal with her like any other british terrorist.

Racial element my arse, the government have removed Jack Letts' citizenship for also joining up with ISIS.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »