Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: CEMB: Towards 2020

(Read 6413 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • CEMB: Towards 2020
     OP - December 24, 2019, 07:00 PM

the below article contains a timeline starting from  when cemb was founded in 2007. politics and society has changed quite a bit in britain in the meantime. so let's ask a question: is an ex-muslim focused organisation still relevant in 2019?

Quote from:
    Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain (CEMB) was formed to break the taboo that comes with leaving Islam, highlight the plight of and support ex-Muslims, and challenge Sharia, apostasy and blasphemy laws. CEMB stands against all forms of bigotry, xenophobia, racism and extremism and unequivocally defends reason, freedom of conscience and expression, equality, universal rights and secularism.

https://www.ex-muslim.org.uk/2019/12/cemb-timeline/
     Reply #1 - December 24, 2019, 07:22 PM

the below article contains a timeline starting from  when cemb was founded in 2007. politics and society has changed quite a bit in britain in the meantime. so let's ask a question: is an ex-muslim focused organisation still relevant in 2019?

https://www.ex-muslim.org.uk/2019/12/cemb-timeline/

Yes it is .. yes it will be dear crumble ., It is relevant  UNTIL THE TIME ALL COUNTRIES ELIMINATE THOSE BLASPHEMY LAWS IN ISLAM AND eliminate from other faiths if they are there in them..

see these links

1). https://mm-gold.azureedge.net/Articles/avijit/Quran_miracle.html

2). https://mm-gold.azureedge.net/news/shaikh_free2.html

3). https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=28316.0

1 is from a friend who write that and on the way lost his life to brutal rogues of Islam ..  read that link

2.. I wrote it..  that was literally almost 18-20 years .. many website are closed

3). link is from CEMB., the worst thing I could have ever imagined that it could happen for some one i knew ..      and this picture is from that link .....this forum link 3 

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/03/01/2627E66A00000578-0-image-a-59_1425213931660.jpg

That wonderful lady who went through that horrible incident ..is Bonya Ahmed wife of Avajit  and you can see her in this Ted video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ri9nGwizkU

Simple narratives can be deadly: how I recovered from a terror attack | Bonya Ahmed | TEDxExeter[/u]

My eyes still bleed .. My eyes  still become wet every year and whenever I hear his name or such news

and today dawn news editorial says this

Editorial: It is time for Pakistan's govt to ensure the blasphemy law is not misused

FOR six long years, a gifted academic named Junaid Hafeez languished in solitary confinement inside the Multan Central Jail. The Fulbright scholar had returned to the Bahauddin Zakariya University to teach students how to think about the big questions in 2011.

He was passionate about poetry, prose and playwriting and wished to inculcate the same in his students. However, he was arrested under Section 295-C of the Pakistan Penal Code after some allegedly blasphemous comments were attributed to him in 2013. One year later, the sole attorney brave enough to take up his case was gunned down in cold blood inside his office.

In a climate of extreme fear, Hafeez could never receive a fair trial. His parents implored the previous chief justice to look into their son’s case, as his mental and physical health was deteriorating inside the tiny prison cell. According to the Centre for Social Justice, over 1,500 citizens have been charged with blasphemy between 1987 and 2017.

While no one has been executed by the state, enraged lynch mobs have killed scores on the basis of mere accusation. Hafeez was not even safe inside his prison, as other prisoners had repeatedly attempted to take his life.

This week, a district and sessions court handed Hafeez the death sentence. A story that had begun differently morphed into a tragedy. But the story is not over yet. His defence attorney has said they will file for an appeal.

In the past, the higher courts have overturned the judgements of the lower courts — most prominently in the case of Aasia Bibi, who was sentenced to death by a Sheikhupura court. Years later, she was acquitted by the Supreme Court in a landmark judgement.

It is to be hoped that the superior judiciary will intervene this time as well. It is also time for Pakistan’s government to ensure the blasphemy law is not misused any longer to settle personal vendettas and professional jealousies, or target the most vulnerable communities.

that is about Juniad.. and the guy who wrote that editorial very intelligent and well educated  fellow.

I SAY TO THEM FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR EDITORIALS  ...  that is not what is needed in the country.,  that is NOT what is needed on this earth., It is NOT using or misusing the blasphemy laws.. they have to be eliminated.,  until  all countries eliminate those bloody laws that are there .. website like these are very important ... however small they may be........

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - December 24, 2019, 08:22 PM

from my perspective, the ex-muslim project is mostly about the freedom to speak. unfortunately it has been sidetracked by questions about identity, secularism and human rights, ie replacement ideology. maybe it's time to move on from the language of blasphemy and apostasy towards a framework which is less emotive and more positive?

Reply #3 - December 25, 2019, 01:52 PM

from my perspective, the ex-muslim project is mostly about the freedom to speak. unfortunately it has been sidetracked by questions about identity, secularism and human rights, ie replacement ideology. maybe it's time to move on from the language of blasphemy and apostasy towards a framework which is less emotive and more positive?

that is a good point dear crumble ., what would you suggest  to move on to  such positive approach from emotional baggage .. Give some pointers ..  yes.. Identity on inherent  is a serious problem .. but if you come open then there has to be some protection from somewhere .. otherwise you are on your own..

Can UN give that? Can any government give some sort of alternate way of dealing with it??

Reply #4 - December 25, 2019, 11:33 PM

I'm not very positive about things but I would suggest the first step is to take responsibility for your life rather than casting yourself as an antagonist/protagonist in other people's stories.

that's a bitter pill to swallow when on the receiving end of aggression but better to be at peace with yourself than seek protection from other humans and their competing narratives.
     Reply #5 - December 26, 2019, 10:14 AM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy   that is a very interesting response dear cumble...
    I'm not very positive about things but I would suggest the first step is to take responsibility for your life rather than casting yourself as an antagonist/protagonist in other people's stories.

that's a bitter pill to swallow when on the receiving end of aggression but better to be at peace with yourself than seek protection from other humans and their competing narratives.

well you may not be positive., I am other side of the scale  and I an extremely +ve .,   but let me use your own words and   say   "your post/posts suggest different interesting approach,   assuming folks in this forum specially ex-Muslims  are ranting about issues by casting themselves  as an antagonist/protagonist in other people's stories."

May be you are right., let me think about it ., meanwhile read your posts as well these links..

https://www.dawn.com/news/1523709/fiction-matters-of-faith

https://www.dawn.com/news/1396696

that is about an young man(young at heart) who writes wonderful story books that often uses real life events

that looks like a very good book.. a movie material

Reply #6 - December 26, 2019, 04:37 PM

but let me use your own words and say   "your post/posts suggest different interesting approach,   assuming folks in this forum specially ex-Muslims are ranting about issues by casting themselves  as an antagonist/protagonist in other people's stories."

Most people are stuck in mental traps to varying degrees. When dissatisfied, the tendency is to exchange one trap for another.

There is no religion. There is no atheism. They are only phantoms of the mind - and not even your own mind. It's pretty futile to argue over hallucinations... but I guess we have to pass the time somehow  Smiley

Reply #7 - December 27, 2019, 05:36 PM

well crumble response has different pointer in different directions..  so let me put the post as points..
    1). Most people are stuck in mental traps to varying degrees. When dissatisfied, the tendency is to exchange one trap for another.

2). There is no religion. There is no atheism. They are only phantoms of the mind - and not even your own mind. It's pretty futile to argue over hallucinations...

3). but I guess we have to pass the time somehow Smiley 

good.... good points  but you really NOT answered the questions neither giving any suggestions in the direction you are trying to point out  and you think is the best for a forum like this  should go dear crumble

well on your points..

1). Most people are stuck in mental traps to varying degrees. When dissatisfied, the tendency is to exchange one trap for another.

That is strange very very pessimistic way of thinking dear crumble., we can not solve the problem .. SO GIVE IT UP  attitude .,  NOT SURE IT IS A RIGHT WAY .,

And  what is the limit for satisfaction?  where is the limit ? Humans by nature of evolutionary path ways   will  always will have some  problems and unsatisfied one way or other way  by varying degrees., but what is that has to do with the forum and its goals if there are any ?

As far as mental trap is concerned., it is same as "Satisfaction" ..  Mental trap  is something like job that you are working .. you do work.. whether you solve it or  not you move to other problems., UNLESS ONE IS PSYCHOTIC and running in circles like faith heads  and badly needs medication ... I do not see anyway of defining a person and  so-called mental trap., 

2). There is no religion. There is no atheism. They are only phantoms of the mind - and not even your own mind. It's pretty futile to argue over hallucinations...

Oh I agree with that "There is no religion. There is no atheism."., they compliment each other., in other words BECAUSE THERE ARE RELIGIONS & FAITHS HENCE THE ATHEISM.,  it is a product of evolution  from religions/faiths.. or "atheism is there because of faiths and faith heads "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqmom61ysTk

well it starts with la ilaha illallah  and goes to  just  "la ilaha" [/b][/font]  .. that is all what atheism., at best you can add an "inquiry process" in to that "la ilaha"

and your 3rd is not really needed to discuss as it is an individual or forum member  problem   NOTHING TO DO WITH FORUM or nothing to with society ..

anyways please continue to argue and suggest meanwhile let me read this young man  who LIVES IN US OF A  and his name is Iftikhar U. Hyder  and he  apparently  US-based finance professional.  with iftikharuhyder@gmail.com., so I would like to read and tell what his mental trap is..     here you go..

https://www.dawn.com/news/1524650/a-new-religion  ..

WHEN English philosopher the late Antony Flew, who was once called “the world’s most influential philosophical atheist”, announced his rejection of atheism in 2004, many atheists — including Richard Dawkins — criticised him for being irrational.

Flew’s response at the time was that Dawkins irrationally believed that there was no God. He also believed that Dawkins was simply spreading his own convictions and said that Dawkins had not set out to “discover and spread knowledge of the existence or nonexistence of God”.

It can be argued that atheism, in its various manifestations today, has evolved into a ‘religion’. Martin Hägglund, a Swedish-American philosopher at Yale University, recently published a book in which he offers an alternative to traditional religion. He calls it “secular faith”. Hägglund says, “what defines secular faith most fundamentally is that the object of faith is totally dependent on the practice of faith”. He says that in religious faith “is the additional idea that there is a special object of faith, like God or eternity or Nirvana, something that ultimately doesn’t depend on the practise of faith, something that exists independently and eternally”.

Atheism’s convergence with religion is ironic. To many atheists, a belief in God is irrational and unsupported by evidence. Yet, many atheists themselves are irrational in their belief which is also not supported by any evidence.

Another example of this convergence includes atheists’ support groups similar to those that are associated with religion. In a 2015 article, journalist Christina Greta observed, “… in the last few years, secular support systems have been flowering like ... well, like flowers. Like flowers in a movie about mutant radioactive flowers, growing at astonishing rates and to colossal size”.

Normally support systems are built around a common system of belief or identity. By building more and more support systems to fill the emotional and psychological needs of humans that for millennia have been filled by religion, atheism is increasingly beginning to resemble a ‘religion’, whose core belief is that there is no God. Indeed, one of the reasons behind the recent rise in atheism in the West is “superior secular alternatives to services” that traditionally houses of worship have provided.

In the West, some zealous atheist communities have even been attempting to replace prayers in public places with non-religious prayers (which they like to call non-religious ‘invocations’) with religious fervour. Even though atheists claim they do not believe there is a higher power which humans can pray to in times of need or otherwise, they nonetheless want the ability to ‘pray’ just like religious people do. It is not clear to whom they want to address their prayers. Their only purpose appears to be making atheism more palatable to people who may feel the need to pray.

Atheists are apparently also facing issues that emanate from multiple interpretations of any idea similar to those faced by followers of religions. In a National Geographic article, journalist Gabe Bullard wrote: “Within the ranks of the unaffiliated, divisions run deep. Some are avowed atheists. Others are agnostic. And many more simply don’t care to state a preference ... nones (people with no religion) as a group are just as internally complex as many religions.”

Throughout history, science and religion lived in harmony. In fact, during Islam’s golden age, many Muslim scientists were also religious scholars. Some of the most renowned European Renaissance scientists including Johannes Kepler, Galileo Galilei, and Isaac Newton were also quite religious. This was true even until the mid-20th century.

Over the last few decades, however, atheists in science have sought to assert their authority by discouraging others from questioning their beliefs, similar to the ways many religious zealots have done historically. This assertion is likely both a cause and an effect of the steady decline of religion in the West. Earlier this year, renowned Yale computer scientist, David Gelernter, announced that he no longer believed in Darwin’s theory of evolution. He partly attributed his ‘conversion’ to Stephen Meyer’s book, Darwin’s Doubt.

Gelernter lamented the lack of “free speech” concerning theories outside of Darwinism, which has become a ‘religion’ to many academics. In Gelernter’s words, “What I’ve seen, in their behaviour intellectually and at colleges across the West, is nothing approaching free speech on this topic”. He went on to say that by rejecting Darwinism, he was “attacking their religion”. Gelernter says about some of his fellow academics who were atheists, “As far as they are concerned, take your life in your hands to challenge it intellectually ... They will destroy you if you challenge it”. This could also be said of some of the more ignorant followers of many of the world’s religions

that is published today and it is related to the subject you are talking here...So read and tell me about his mental trap

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #8 - December 28, 2019, 12:25 PM

well crumble response has different pointer in different directions..  so let me put the post as points..

my comments aren't really designed to be bullet pointed.

Quote from:
    but you really NOT answered the questions neither giving any suggestions in the direction you are trying to point out  and you think is the best for a forum like this  should go dear crumble

they weren't suggestions for cemb or the forum. just a reply to your last post about my apparent approach.

Quote from: [
    That is strange very very pessimistic way of thinking dear crumble., [u
    we can not solve the problem .. SO GIVE IT UP  attitude[/u] .,  NOT SURE IT IS A RIGHT WAY

don't think I said to give up - or to take a particular course of action.

Quote from:
    "There is no religion. There is no atheism."., they compliment each other., in other words BECAUSE THERE ARE RELIGIONS & FAITHS HENCE THE ATHEISM.,  it is a product of evolution  from religions/faiths.. or "atheism is there because of faiths and faith heads "

not really what I meant.

Quote from:
    anyways please continue to argue and suggest meanwhile let me read this young man  who LIVES IN US OF A  and his name is Iftikhar U. Hyder  and he  apparently  US-based finance professional.  

sounds like this hyder chap gets it. denigrating someone as a faith head whilst praising someone else as a freethinker misses the point. after all, we're all irrational to some lesser or greater extent..

so my advice? I haven't got that far yet so let me think about it. I would just observe for now that the muslims of britain are predominantly post-christian in mindset, ie they are not exotic aliens with strange unrelatable beliefs.
     Reply #9 - December 28, 2019, 12:48 PM

following on, I would also query the idea that ex-muslims are mainly conscientious objectors. here's something to read while mulling it over.

Muslim Discipleship In Post-Christian America
    https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/muslim-discipleship-post-christian-america/
     Reply #10 - December 29, 2019, 01:01 PM

following on, I would also query the idea that ex-muslims are mainly conscientious objectors.

I am not really sure of using that word to ex_muslims or others who left their faiths dear  crumble., Is it not used usually to those who oppose wars and military services?? Moreover ex-Muslims are NOT monolithic group  that  they all believe in same ideas about Islam 

The  only objection to Islam from ex-Muslim group who read  and understood  Quran is.....   Quran is NOT word of Allah/god whatever and the rules that are made in Islam are  not allah/god whatever.. they are the rules of the society of its time .,   that is all what it is., Now it is different for those who left Islam and joined other faiths ..

So that is only one simple idea., rest of Islam is all right .. it is as good as any other faith or as bad as any other faith..

here's something to read while mulling it over.

Muslim Discipleship In Post-Christian America
    https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/muslim-discipleship-post-christian-america/

well  that is a good one.,   It appears for one reason or other reason .. with guns or without guns American Public Muslims or other wise  seem  to make to progress when it comes to faiths and their rules and their origins

Reply #11 - December 30, 2019, 01:32 PM

I am not really sure of using that word to ex_muslims or others who left their faiths dear  crumble., Is it not used usually to those who oppose wars and military services?? Moreover ex-Muslims are NOT monolithic group  that  they all believe in same ideas about Islam 

maybe I meant prisoners of conscious? doesn't quite fit either... but yes, there is no monolithic group except humans - and their attachment to random beliefs can be generalised.

Quote from:
    The  only objection to Islam from ex-Muslim group who read  and understood  Quran is.....   Quran is NOT word of Allah/god whatever and the rules that are made in Islam are  not allah/god whatever.. they are the rules of the society of its time .

some people would still object even if they were the literal words of god, wouldn't they? ie the objection is not entirely rational.

Reply #12 - December 31, 2019, 10:39 AM

Hmm there is a quoting problem in crumble response .. let me rewrite crumble response

yeezevee: I am not really sure of using that word to ex_muslims or others who left their faiths dear  crumble., Is it not used usually to those who oppose wars and military services?? Moreover ex-Muslims are NOT monolithic group  that  they all believe in same ideas about Islam 

crumble:   maybe I meant prisoners of conscious? doesn't quite fit either... but yes, there is no monolithic group except humans - and their attachment to random beliefs can be generalized.

: yeezevee: The  only objection to Islam from ex-Muslim group who read  and understood  Quran is.....   Quran is NOT word of Allah/god whatever and the rules that are made in Islam are  not allah/god whatever.. they are the rules of the society of its time .,   that is all what it is., Now it is different for those who left Islam and joined other faiths ..

Crumble:  some people would still object even if they were the literal words of god, wouldn't they? ie the objection is not entirely rational.

hi crumble did you miss the word NOT  in your last statement ?  and should I read that as

some people would still object even if they were NOT literal words of god, wouldn't they? ie the objection is not entirely rational.

Reply #13 - December 31, 2019, 03:39 PM

hi crumble did you miss the word NOT  in your last statement ?  and should I read that as

some people would still object even if they were NOT[/b] literal words of god, wouldn't they? ie the objection is not entirely rational.

I mean they would disagree with a god who said something that didn't fit their world view. Disbelief is secondary to that.

Yep, unilaterally redefining ex-muslims is probably unlikely to succeed - especially when I'm not one myself. Then again, a twitter account and some anonymous posts seems to do wonders these days.
     Reply #14 - January 03, 2020, 02:34 PM

I mean they would disagree with a god who said something that didn't fit their world view. Disbelief is secondary to that.

well I am loosing you dear crumble?? I lost again.. .. "They would disagree"  ... Ok..,  who??  who would disagree..??

You mean ex-Muslims?  if it is ex-Muslims., then you ave to explain me in little more detail.,    well I will wait for your response

Yep, unilaterally redefining ex-muslims is probably unlikely to succeed - especially when I'm not one myself.

Off course NOT., you can not define anyone unilaterally.,  You can only do that with cults and  cult followers irrespective of their faiths
    Then again, a twitter account and some anonymous posts seems to do wonders these days.

well there is NOTHING WRONG being anonymous.,  we know and I know the trouble being in a open  field  dear crumble.,  the person becomes  relevant only  if e/she  is looking political power for finical support from political /religious parties ., Other wise For discussion and debates about faiths with faith heads .. Yes anonymous  twitter is better .. at least for time being  until you get some UNO support.,  even there there is a problem  that is  also dependent on AMRIKA or OTHER RICH & FAMOUS rulers around the globe ,, You know the story of  this guy

and today's story of this guy..

A simple forum like this or a member of this forum can not withstand  and can not live openly with Political/religious/financial military mighty powers...   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qasem_Soleimani,,

but you still did not answer this question of this folder., " what need to be done for CEMB as member., where should a forum like this go??  what direction??

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #15 - January 03, 2020, 07:34 PM

but you still did not answer this question of this folder., " what need to be done for CEMB as member., where should a forum like this go??  what direction??

I have no good answers. My flippant suggestion is to disband cemb, tell former muslims to live their lives and tell current muslims to do the same.

At the same time, set up a new organisation to campaign against the idiocy of protected beliefs or that any idea is worthy of respect.

Quote from:
    Ethical veganism is a "philosophical belief" and so is protected in law, a tribunal has ruled for the first time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50981359

Reply #16 - January 04, 2020, 02:03 PM

I have no good answers.

Good good .. .. you have no answers .. no good answers and you suggest these two avenues for Ex-Muslims as well as Muslims .. AND YOU BELONG TO NEITHER CATEGORY

My flippant suggestion is

Is that flippant suggestion for me or for ex-Muslims or for Muslims??

well what is the point of flippant suggestions   if you already know by yourself that no one looks at your suggestions seriously .. 

to disband cemb, tell former muslims to live their lives and tell current muslims to do the same.

Disbanding CEMB forum and organization .....does tat help ex-Muslims? as far as Muslims who follow faith word to word and those  Islamic preachers in madrasas is concerned.,  they do not care what anyone writes ..

At the same time, set up a new organisation to campaign against the idiocy of protected beliefs or that any idea is worthy of respect.

So setting up new organization for
    1).  to campaign against the idiocy of protected beliefs

2). or that any idea ((AND EVERY IDEA)is worthy of respect.

It appears those two points are clashing crumble.. Or I am not getting the zest of your point?

well Not sure that link has any point which adds weight to our discussion here

with best wshes
    yeezevee

Reply #17 - January 04, 2020, 06:09 PM

Is that flippant suggestion for me or for ex-Muslims or for Muslims??

yes.

Quote from:
    Disbanding CEMB forum and organization .....does tat help ex-Muslims?

the patient is cured when you take away the crutch... or they fall over.

Quote from:
    1).  to campaign against the idiocy of protected beliefs
    2).  to advocate that any (AND EVERY IDEA) NO idea is worthy of respect.

It appears those two points are clashing crumble.. Or I am not getting the zest of your point?

no it was bad sentence structure so i fixed it to make slightly more sense.
     Reply #18 - January 04, 2020, 06:13 PM

no it was bad sentence structure so i fixed it to make slightly more sense.

yes now you do make some sense dear crumble  please watch this tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTchioiHM0U

it is a good one...

Reply #19 - January 04, 2020, 07:41 PM

'slightly' was ambitious, I know.

in meantime, here's people calling an ex-python's head.

Terry Gilliam: ‘I’m tired of white men being blamed for everything wrong with the world’
    https://mobile.twitter.com/alexjpollard/status/1213392318478331904

how is it relevant you ask? I say it doesn't have to be but if pressed, I'd just note that one's sense of reality is easily warped by subscribing to an identity.
     Reply #20 - January 04, 2020, 07:52 PM

well crumble ..some of your responses appears to be in riddles . so didn't get this 

'slightly' was ambitious, I know.

neither I got the word "yes".,   I mean I don't know where your "Yes" is going in your last response
    yes.

in meantime, here's people calling an ex-python's head.

Terry Gilliam: ‘I’m tired of white men being blamed for everything wrong with the world’
    https://mobile.twitter.com/alexjpollard/status/1213392318478331904

how is it relevant you ask? I say it doesn't have to be but if pressed, I'd just note that one's sense of reality is easily warped by subscribing to an identity.

well I am not in to movies  neither in to his twitter ., so give me his interview on tube or something ..  but let me watch this guy again,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw9P_ZXWDJU

Yuval Noah Harari: "21 Lessons for the 21st Century"

Reply #21 - January 04, 2020, 08:11 PM

please watch this tube

I read the summary instead.

Quote from:
    In a similar vein, money is a fiction that depends on the trust that we collectively put in it. The fact that it is a ‘myth’ has not impeded its usefulness

could be wrong but he appears to be one those popular 'wisemen' who make their name and career out of insights which are neither insightful or correct.

and "yes" as in "yes to all of the above".
     Reply #22 - January 04, 2020, 08:17 PM

1).  I read the summary instead.

2).  could be wrong but he appears to be one those popular 'wisemen' who make their name and career out of insights which are neither insightful or correct.

3).  and "yes" as in "yes to all of the above".

well then you are WRONG on all those points .. because you just read summary and do not go deeper into the problem., yes superficially your answers appears to be OK..

SO PLEASE WATCH THAT LAST TUBE AT LEAST .. it will be useful for you and for your thinking..

that  "21 Lessons for the 21st Century"

with best wishes
    yezevee

Reply #23 - January 04, 2020, 08:35 PM

I'll queue it up for when it's more convenient. In the meanwhile, I'll create a new thread for my off-topic rambling.
     Reply #24 - January 05, 2020, 02:23 PM

I'll queue it up for when it's more convenient. In the meanwhile, I'll create a new thread for my off-topic rambling.

no..nooo.,    STOP RAMBLING.. share  your thoughts.... air your opinions .. Stand firmly with your ideas even f you are lonely..

Ideas spread.. Ideas change the perception of people  dear crumble

Reply #25 - January 05, 2020, 09:00 PM

spread ideas to change perceptions? let me meditate on those words for a while.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »