Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Kyrgyzstan and islamisation

(Read 2638 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Kyrgyzstan and islamisation
     OP - October 13, 2019, 01:00 PM

some weekend reading, a secular ex-soviet state makes the silly mistake of encouraging homegrown islam to fend off foreign islamist movements.

Quote from:
    There are many Muslims in Kyrgyzstan who are Sunni, but not necessarily Hanafi. These groups range from Salafists, who want to practice the version of Islam as it was during the time of Prophet Muhammad and his disciples, to conservative Tablighi Jamaat that originated in India, to Nurjular, a Turkey-originated denomination with more liberal values.

Quote from:
    One such topic has been religious garb under local customs. For example, it has been said that a Kyrgyz man does not traditionally grow a beard while his father is alive, and Kyrgyz women do not put on a headscarf/hijab before marriage. Interestingly, on both sides of the debate are those that consider themselves Muslims.

Yet personal issues such as religious belief oftentimes come up for public discussion. Such debates sometimes even reach the presidential level. One such topic has been religious garb under local customs. For example, it has been said that a Kyrgyz man does not traditionally grow a beard while his father is alive, and Kyrgyz women do not put on a headscarf/hijab before marriage. Interestingly, on both sides of the debate are those that consider themselves Muslims.

Back in 2014 then-President Almazbek Atambayev managed to express his point of view on Islamic denominations that are different from local Hanafism. Atambayev stated the followers of Islamic schools other than Hanafism, “are imposing the cultures of Arabs, Bangladesh and Pakistan, and confusing their culture with Islam.”

“There are many on our streets now who have grown beards […] Instead of bright, colorful dresses, they impose our girls to dress in black, which is usually worn by widowed women. […] If we do not stop this, we will lose the country, we will lose our Kyrgyz nation! Because people who have forgotten their language, their native traditions are not people!” Atambayev claimed during a meeting of the Defense Council in 2014.

Within a year after Atamayev’s statement, billboards appeared both in the capital city of Bishkek and across the country that contained three pictures and a sentence “My poor people, where are we heading?” The first picture had women in Kyrgyz traditional clothes, the second picture had the women in white headscarves, and the third showed the women in black burkas.

https://thediplomat.com/2019/08/kyrgyzstan-attempts-to-isolate-local-islam/
     Reply #1 - October 13, 2019, 01:15 PM

some weekend reading, a secular ex-soviet state makes the silly mistake of encouraging homegrown islam to fend off foreign islamist movements.
    https://thediplomat.com/2019/08/kyrgyzstan-attempts-to-isolate-local-islam/

hello crumble., it is not just soviet union .,  "Every country in the present times and every nation in the past did the same thing  since birth of Islam  that is based on sharia laws of that time "

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - October 13, 2019, 01:36 PM

Every country in the present times and every nation in the past did the same thing

yes, and it doesn't work.

state sponsored homegrown-islam only fertilises the ground for more aggressive varieties.

it's best not to plant a garden if you don't want to battle invasive weeds.
     Reply #3 - November 23, 2019, 09:50 PM

a losing battle continues.

Quote from:
    Kyrgyzstan president: 'Women in mini skirts don't become suicide bombers'

Speaking at a press conference last week, President Atambayev also attacked those in his country, where 80% of the population is Muslim, who are critical of women who wear more revealing outfits.

His remarks followed several weeks of controversy over government-sponsored hoardings or banners put up in the streets of the capital Bishkek to try to dissuade Kyrgyz women from wearing Islamic clothing, notably the hijab, niqab and burka, ahead of a visit to the country by German Chancellor Angela Merkel in mid-July.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-36846249
     Reply #4 - November 24, 2019, 01:37 AM

hmm, that's an old article.

my browser is time travelling to the past again - much like muslim populations.
     Reply #5 - November 24, 2019, 11:52 AM

yes, and it doesn't work.

1.  state sponsored homegrown-islam only fertilises the ground for more aggressive varieties.

2.   it's best not to plant a garden if you don't want to battle invasive weeds.

Cheesy   my goodness .. i have many questions to you on your two simple statements

well I agree with point 1 to some extent ., but so many questions...

why would we need any of these unquestionable faiths in 21st century  when we can solve every damn social/political/economical problem with rational logical basis??..

And  and on top of that why would any follower of Islam need more than ONE ISLAM?? ..

What are these  aggressive varieties of Islam and what would it take us to make one Islam out of all these  variety of gibberish Islams?

and I completely disagree to agree with your point 2

I mean "you should NOT plant a garden just because there are going to be weeds in your garden??"    but if you don't plant garden whole land will be filled with weeds  and weeds with no useful plants or flowers to see..

and and on the folder Kyrgyzstan Islamisation BBC LINK
    a losing battle continues.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-36846249

hmm, that's an old article.

my browser is time travelling to the past again - much like muslim populations.

Yes that is 3 year old BBC BLOGGER (NOT NEWS) link ......  I would take such propaganda blogger  stories with a pinch of salt and cross check them ..

Well that guy Almazbek Atambayev  who already fighting for garbing power in the country  with the support of Putin
     and who said those words .."bikini bevy  can not become a suicide bomber  for the sake of Islamic faith is wrong"

if you brain wash a  GULLIBLE  person who is sincere about that god/allah thingy with rubbish stories and gibberish scriptures ..

A bikini can progressively move to hijab....
    A hijab can move in to niqab.....
     and A niqab to mentally unstable  psychotic individual...
    and and end up becoming victim to a  suicide machine for ROGUE MUSLIM
    who hides as Caliph in some rat hole  .

well it is all in Brain ... and Allah knows the best  ...lol...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #6 - November 24, 2019, 11:27 PM

What are these  aggressive varieties of Islam and what would it take us to make one Islam out of all these  variety of gibberish Islams?

islam as a political identity answers both questions.

Quote from:
    I mean "you should NOT plant a garden just because there are going to be weeds in your garden??"    but if you don't plant garden whole land will be filled with weeds  and weeds with no useful plants or flowers to see..

concrete is a low maintenance alternative. pot plants can be kept inside if necessary.

Quote from:
    A bikini can progressively move to hijab....
    A hijab can move in to niqab.....
    and A niqab to mentally unstable  psychotic individual...

at the bikini stage, there is no practical place to hide any weapons so being mentally unstable is less problematic. though there could be some correlation between facial concealment and pychotic behaviour.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »