Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: From religion to... unreligion?

(Read 2423 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • From religion to... unreligion?
     OP - June 15, 2019, 06:35 PM

Reading a few posts, I get the impression that leaving one religion without joining a new religion is pretty uncommon.

The unreligion in the title refers to unexamined western values and beliefs that supposedly sit in opposition to those held by typically backward religious communities. At least in britain, I guess it results from pc lefty tendencies of the middle class who usually self-select as spokesman for a disparate group of leavers.

Perhaps in the united states, the same class people may choose far right expressions of atheism but I suspect the average joe apostate isn't very politically aligned - much like average muslim, christian, etc.
     Reply #1 - June 27, 2019, 08:19 PM

My impression of ex Muslims is that most of us become unreligious/atheists, just by looking at this forum and other platforma. I might be wrong though.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #2 - June 28, 2019, 01:32 PM

I guess for those brought up in the western unreligion, it's pretty natural for some of them to want to be true to themselves rather than pay lip service to their community's old fashioned religion from the east.

Another guess is that lifestyle atheists are much more common than ideological purists who follow evidence and logical argument against religion. I know that many ex-muslims can quote standard arguments against islam but not sure that's a motivation versus a justification.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »