Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Kashmir endgame

(Read 47346 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Kashmir endgame
     Reply #60 - September 14, 2019, 02:24 PM

The programs on Pak TV  discusses and debates Prime minister Imran Khan's Muzaffarabad jalsa on Kashmir..................13 August 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbLPKibGLSs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cEqzR1FZcM

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Kashmir endgame
     Reply #61 - September 14, 2019, 03:00 PM

plenty of twitter reports of independence protesters being 'detained' whilst he made his visit to muzaffarabad.

accession to either country is still probably worse than the current situation.

• Kashmir endgame
     Reply #62 - September 14, 2019, 03:58 PM

plenty of twitter reports of independence protesters being 'detained' whilst he made his visit to muzaffarabad.

accession to either country is still probably worse than the current situation.

(Clicky for piccy!)

you do have the point and you got that right dear crumble., I am not saying Mr. Imran Khan is saint., It is very unfortunate his use of Faith as ideology to fight the ground realities of Kashmir..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmyb0BY2Kog

that video from 2016 and the guy you see there answering public question  is Pakistan's special Kashmir Envoy, Mushahid Hussain Syed .. All Q& A from both sides is worth watching  .. one short question from the above Q&A clip is this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpQTxkgTn_M

many of you who are interested in Kashmir problem should watch all that 3 hr video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb3YeEVTQjo

and that is Afghanistan, Pakistan and India: A Deadly Triangle ... well you can read & watch that whole Brookings President Strobe Talbott interview with  William Dalrymple   at  http://csweb.brookings.edu/content/research/essays/2013/deadly-triangle-afghanistan-pakistan-india-c.html

But all that is NOTHING TO DO WITH IMRAN KHAN.. these are ooold problem.. My problem with Mr. Khan is.,   again he is racking up Kashmir as RELIGIOUS/FAITH/FAITH HEADS PROBLEM.. and in those nonsense video he is asking Indian Muslims to rise up and break that country ..

I mean Mr Khan bluntly says video "that Jalsa 200 million Indian Muslims are living like animal they are treated like animals by the right wing Indian government" .. I am not sure where he is trying to take the problem with such talk

Interesting times in the country..

• Kashmir endgame
     Reply #63 - September 15, 2019, 12:51 PM

'Kashmir now a flashpoint, has potential of turning into nuclear war'  Says Prime Minister Imran Khan Dawn News

Prime Minister Imran Khan has urged the international community to play their due role in resolving the Kashmir issue and warned them that the dispute — which has now become a flashpoint between India and Pakistan — carries the potential of turning into a nuclear war and impacting the entire world.

In a wide-ranging interview with Al Jazeera, the prime minister said that Pakistan has limited options to address the situation.

"There is not much we can do except approach all international organisations that were set up after the first World War — mainly the United Nations," he said, adding that the United States, China, Russia, and European countries are all being approached by Pakistan over the matter.

He expressed his resentment over the lukewarm global response after India's revocation of occupied Kashmir's autonomous status, and said, "Unfortunately, because of this whole thing about big markets, [some] countries look at big markets, they look upon India as a market of one billion people, they don't realise that if they do not intervene right now, it will have consequences for not only the subcontinent but the world's trade — everyone will be affected by this."

Possibility of nuclear war

Asked if he shares concerns voiced by Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi about an accidental war between the two nuclear-armed powers, he said: "Absolutely. What is happening is that India is more or less conducting a genocide. The sort of racial attacks [made] on the population, I don't think it has been witnessed since Nazi Germany. The eight million Muslims in Kashmir are under siege for almost six weeks now. And why this can become a flash point between India and Pakistan is because what India is trying to do is divert attention from its illegal annexation and their impending genocide in Kashmir.

"They are taking attention away by blaming Pakistan for terrorism. And this is what they did last February when there was a suicide attack by a young Kashmiri boy, blowing himself up against an Indian military convoy and India blamed Pakistan for it and then bombed us.

"So we fear that this will happen again because what they are doing in Kashmir will lead to a reaction, some sort of reaction, and they will then blame Pakistan for it to divert the world's attention from the genocide in Kashmir."

Talking about the country's policy on the first use of nuclear weapons, he said: "There is no confusion. What I said was that Pakistan would never start a war and I am clear [about this]. I am a pacifist, I am anti-war but what I said clearly was that when two nuclear-armed countries fight — if they fight a conventional war — there is every possibility to end up in a nuclear war."

The premier warned that if a conventional war were to be fought, "Pakistanis will fight to the death for their freedom".

He said: "When a nuclear armed country fights to the death, it has consequences. That is why we have approached the United Nations and are approaching every international forum urging them to act right now because this is a potential disaster which would go beyond the Indian subcontinent."

Speaking about his address at United Nations General Assembly later this month, the premier said, "Under normal circumstances, I would have talked about climate change. Pakistan is one of the few countries that are most vulnerable to climate change. I would have spoken at length on that, and secondly, on Islamophobia: the way Muslims suffer due to Islamophobia, particularly in the Western countries and of course in India.

"But because of what is happening in Kashmir, I would be mainly talking about the Kashmir situation."

When asked about his position on dialogue with India, he said: "From the time I assumed office — and that was last August — we have made repeated attempts to hold a dialogue with India, for us to live like civilised neighbours, to resolve our differences."

He said that the only issue was Kashmir and must be resolved through a political settlement which is why trade is important between Pakistan and India.

"Both countries suffer from poverty, both countries suffer from a huge impending disaster of climate change, both of us have similar problems — so I approached them that we should resume talks and sort out our differences and we repeatedly tried that," said PM Imran.

"Now, I realise that this (our overtures) was misinterpreted. This BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party) extreme right wing, racist, fascist government was treating us as if we were scared of them and they took it as appeasement," he added.

PM Imran said that the government discovered that all the while they were trying to establish a dialogue, India was trying to "push us in the black list of the FATF".

"We are on the grey list. If Pakistan is pushed into the black list that means that there will be sanctions. So they were trying to bankrupt us. That is when we pulled back and that is when we realised that this comes under an agenda."

"The agenda was to push Pakistan into disaster. So there is no question of talking to the Indian government right now (especially) after they revoked Article 370 of their own constitution and annexed Kashmir illegally," he said.

He called attention to the fact that the move was made against the United Nations Security Council's resolutions which had guaranteed that the people would be able to hold a referendum and plebiscite to decide their destiny.

"They have unilaterally not only broken international laws but also their own constitution, so there is no question of talking to India in these circumstances," he reiterated.

Trump's offer

The prime minister, while talking about US President Donald Trump's repeated offers to play a role for dialogue between Islamabad and New Delhi over Kashmir, said, "We are thankful to US President Trump because he is the president of the most powerful country in the world and if the president of the US intervenes in this — and seriously intervenes — it is one way that you can guarantee some sort of resolution.

"Secondly, even if it doesn't intervene directly, the US has power in the UNSC. You see, that's why I think India is stonewalling this suggestion, because India knows if once the international community gets involved then the ruling will be for the people of Kashmir. The international community insist on the people of Kashmir exercising their right of their self determination."

On Afghanistan endgame

The prime minister also spoke about the abrupt cancellation of talks between the United States and the Taliban after nearly a year of negotiations.

"Purely from a human point of view, everyone wants to help Afghans get peace, therefore Pakistan is playing its part. Whatever little influence we have on the Taliban, we have asked them to go to the dialogue table," he said.

He said that the talks with Americans had been at a fairly advanced stage. "The only thing was now to get the Taliban to talk to the Afghan government so they all get together and decide what they want to do. Now, this is unfortunate what has happened.

"The idea of dialogue and fighting at the same time is always tricky. I hope this [suspension in dialogue] is a temporary thing. I hope that President Trump will get the talks going again, because there is no other solution. There is not going to be a military solution.

"The only way out is getting back to the dialogue table."

Economy in the 'right direction’

The prime minister defended his government's handling of the economy in the first year of his rule. In response to a question, he said: "Pakistan (Tehreek-e-Insaf) inherited the worst economy ever in our history, we had the biggest current account deficit which in our history no other government had to face.

"The moment we took over there was an acute dollar shortage because we were selling much less than we were buying from the world. That meant there was pressure on our rupee and so the rupee devalued. When the rupee devalued, there had to be inflation," he said, adding that it was natural for the country to be going through a difficult period.

"The good news is that we have brought down the current account deficit by 70 per cent, our exports are going up, (and) we have curtailed our imports. So the gap has narrowed, which means we are going in the right direction."

U-turns

Speaking about the oft-repeated term used to characterise him and his government, the prime minister said he did not mind the reference.

"I am glad they [his opponents] say I am a prime minister of U-turns. Only an idiot doesn't do any U-turn. Only a moron keeps banging his head against a brick wall when it comes in his way. An intelligent person immediately revises his strategy and goes around it," he explained. "When I was a cricketer, my team and I used to go to the ground with a strategy but I used to change the strategy all the time as per the situation."

"If the corrupt elite in our country had taken a U-turn from corruption, they would not be in jail right now," he said on a lighter note.

Speaking about approaching the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for a bailout after having sworn he would never do so during his election campaign, he said he had to handle the given situation.

"The fact that you have a big deficit and you have to borrow money means you are not running your economy properly. But when you inherit a sick economy, in the short time before you can raise your income, to bridge this gap, I'm afraid you have to take loans," he said.

"What I am pledging to my people is that when our term is completed we (will) leave a surplus economy."

Asked about the IMF's control over the country's economic decision making, the premier said, "They haven't exercised any control right now apart from telling us to put our house in order in terms of cutting down our expenditure and raising our revenues."

He added: “They [the IMF] haven't really asked us to do anything which is against our sovereignty."

No comments on Uighurs, China is 'best friend'

Talking about the treatment of the Chinese government towards the Uighurs (an indigenous Muslim population), he said he hadn't spoken about the issue in his discussions with government representatives.

"Frankly, we have been facing so many of our internal problems right now that we haven't... I don't know much about this problem," he said. "Ever since we have been in power for one year, really, we have been inundated with problems. But I will say one thing about China: For us China has been the best friend."

"At the moment, my responsibility are the people of Pakistan. I have 210-220 million Pakistanis I am responsible for. Therefore, my number one effort is to help my own countrymen," he said.

On Baldev Kumar accusing the PTI government of mistreating minorities in Pakistan, he said, "If I remember right, this is the guy who is responsible for assassinating one of our most loved member of our party and parliamentarian Soran Singh. He was in our KP assembly and this man was responsible for assassinating him.

"I don't know where he is right now, but last I know, he was in jail. For him to say a thing like that, let me make one thing clear: ever since my government has come into power, we have — this one government — has pledged that every citizen regardless of his religion will be an equal citizen."

He then went on to describe the efforts made thus far in this regard.

"Our government has opened up the Kartarpur Corridor, made great efforts for the Sikh community in opening up their religious sites. We are going to open up all the religious sites of all different religions, like Hindus, Sikh religion, the Christian community.

"My government will be protecting all of them. And I will just say one other thing: if minorities are mistreated in Pakistan, that's against our Constitution, it's against our religion, it's against the principles of our Holy Prophet (PBUH) because minorities were always regarded as equal citizens in Islam. So when we are unjust to them, we go against our ideology and religion."

He further said that the difference between Pakistan and what the RSS-backed BJP government is doing in India, is that "when they mistreat their minorities, it is according to their ideology. They do not believe that minorities are equal citizens".

Crackdown against media a myth
    "This is utter and utter nonsense," said the prime minister when asked about a reportedly fast shrinking space for dissent and a crackdown against media.

Pakistan is one of the freest places in the world when it come to the freedom of media, he insisted.

"Members of the media have said things against me and against the government. They would never have gotten away under any other democracy. They made personal attacks against me. Had there been any other democracy, the TV channels would have closed down. The freedom that journalists have in this country is unprecedented.

"This is one of the most tolerant governments ever. Although we think we have gone overboard. We think we will strengthen our regulatory body," he said.

What's new in 'New Pakistan'?
    "I think we are already in a new Pakistan. 'New Pakistan' means rule of law. Never before have mega criminals ever been put into jail like they are right now," he said.

"The big difference in this Pakistan: We have been here for 13 months and there has not been one corruption case against any minister — this was (previously) unheard of. None of us are building our business empires.

"But most importantly, this government is devolving power right down. The difference between now and then is that for the first time, we are actually taking the most difficult decisions to fix our economy," the premier said.

"This government has done things no government has done before. But as they say: 'Rome wasn't built in a day.' When you start making these massive changes and reforms, it takes time. The time to judge a government is after five years.

"In our case we feel like we have passed through the most difficult period. The first year was the most difficult period. From now onward, people will start seeing the difference."

well too many different subjects .. not much focus on any one., maybe it is better to watch the program...

• Kashmir endgame
     Reply #64 - September 15, 2019, 01:51 PM

well here is that interview Video..

Imran Khan on 'genocide' in Kashmir and possible war with India | Talk to Al Jazeera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpfaJtrTMfc

Al Jazeera is wholly/partly funded by Qatari  government

• Kashmir endgame
     Reply #65 - September 19, 2019, 02:15 PM

Kashmir Problem and Pakistan Problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn2ghWFu4KM

• Kashmir endgame
     Reply #66 - September 22, 2019, 05:07 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2TzarbCYBY

That is Javeed Ahmed on 22 September 2019 On Kashmir problem., we had loong group discussion with dr. Javed Ahmad Ghamidi  on Islam , Quran and the society...  great guy .. very god person.,  very simple Islam preacher ., explains how to explain critical Questions on Quran .

and that is a perfect debate on Kashmir problem..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javed_Ahmad_Ghamidi

Jāvēd Ahmad Ghāmidī (Urdu: جاوید احمد غامدی‎) (born 1951) is a Pakistani Muslim theologian, Quran scholar, Islamic modernist, exegete and educationist. He is also the founding President of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences and its sister organisation Danish Sara.[1]

Ghamidi believes that there are certain directives of the Qur'an pertaining to war which were specific only to Prophet Muhammad and certain specified peoples of his times (particularly the progeny of Abraham: the Ishmaelites, the Israelites, and the Nazarites). Thus, Muhammad and his designated followers waged a war against Divinely specified peoples of their time (the polytheists and the Israelites and Nazarites of Arabia and some other Jews, Christians, et al.) as a form of Divine punishment and asked the polytheists of Arabia for submission to Islam as a condition for exoneration and the others for jizya and submission to the political authority of the Muslims for exemption from death punishment and for military protection as the dhimmis of the Muslims. Therefore, after Muhammad and his companions, there is no concept in Islam obliging Muslims to wage war for propagation or implementation of Islam

that is his views on Jihad

Ghamidi is one of the Pakistani religious scholars who, from the beginning, has been opposing this kind of Islamism. One of his recent essays on this subject Islam and the Taliban[24]

Javed Ahmed Ghamidi resigned in September 2006[27] from the Council of Islamic Ideology (CII),[28] a constitutional body responsible for providing legal advice on Islamic issues to the Pakistani government. His resignation was 'accepted' by the President of Pakistan.[29] Ghamidi's resignation was prompted by the Pakistani government's formation of a separate committee of ulema to review a Bill involving women's rights; the committee was formed after extensive political pressure was applied by the MMA.

Exile from Pakistan

Ghamidi left Pakistan in 2010[43] as a result of strong and violent actions against his work. In a 2015 interview with Voice of America, Ghamidi explained his reason for departure was to safeguard the lives of people near him[44] including his neighbours who had begun to fear for their safety.[45] Some of his close associates had already been killed like Dr. Muhammad Farooq Khan and Dr. Habib-ur-Rehman, the latter of whom was murdered in his clinic.[45] Another close associate who was related to the work of Ghamidi's Risala, Syed Manzoor-ul-Hasan, one day after leaving Ghamidi's office was shot through the mouth but survived although the bullet still remains in his body.[45] Ghamidi maintained that because of today's means of communication, his work of education does not get affected by his exile.[44] Ghamidi, also regularly appears on Ilm-o-Hikmat, a Pakistani Dunya News show.[46] He has also presented his desire to return in the future when circumstances change.[45]

Every one in Pakistan including Prime Minister Khan must watch that video....

• Kashmir endgame
     Reply #67 - September 23, 2019, 01:59 PM

Divided Kashmir: India -Pakistan-Public of  Kashmir The History after the 2nd world war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbkCHPrm4Ao

that news is from RT  and it says  ..India expects Pakistan-administrated Kashmir to be ruled by New Delhi.. RT is Russian operated News Channel on web
    RT

New Delhi says Pakistan-controlled Kashmir should be considered as part of India: India's foreign minister also expressed hope that 'one day they would have physical jurisdiction over the region'. New Delhi and Islamabad have been at loggerheads for more than 7 decades over Kashmir since they failed to agree on the borders drawn up during the British partition of India.

there you go...

• Kashmir endgame
     Reply #68 - September 23, 2019, 04:54 PM

A Conversation With Pr  ime Minister Imran Khan of Pakistan ....Presider Richard N. Haass, President, Council on Foreign Relations; @RichardHaass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma417QtQHsM

Prime Minister Imran Khan discusses the current state of U.S.-Pakistan relations, recent developments in the disputed region of Kashmir, and Pakistan’s relationship with India, Afghanistan, and other neighboring countries.

• Kashmir endgame
     Reply #69 - September 25, 2019, 06:20 PM

PM Imran Khan Complete Press Conference on Kashmir at United Nations Headquarters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUCIGplvP84

• Kashmir endgame
     Reply #70 - September 25, 2019, 07:08 PM

The Other side in America.... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuSQ4ArC6Tc

• Kashmir endgame
     Reply #71 - September 26, 2019, 01:15 PM

On The Front with Kamran Shahid | 25 September 2019 | Dunya News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bpnh2UWQjY

Analysis of what Prime Minister Khan got from  his US & UN visit .....

• Kashmir endgame
     Reply #72 - September 26, 2019, 02:02 PM

The other sde of border  Side in US of A....

Conversation With Foreign Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar of India

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YnGhhxop2c

• Kashmir endgame
     Reply #73 - September 28, 2019, 03:04 PM

Well the Game has began ..

PM Imran Khan Complete Speech at UN General Assembly | 27 September 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ215CrOXEE

India - 1st Right of Reply to Prime Minster Khan's UN address

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96B5JtS63YY

• Kashmir endgame
     Reply #74 - September 28, 2019, 03:11 PM

Narendra Modi's address to the United Nations General Assembly in New York, USA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSdk22BnAD0

• Kashmir endgame
     Reply #75 - September 28, 2019, 09:48 PM

Imran Khan's  UN lecture ..analysis .. Hassan Nisar  with Shazia Akram

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6SVwqHebpE

• Kashmir endgame
     Reply #76 - September 30, 2019, 06:48 PM

Kashmir Conference At Lahore., Well Imran Khan activated Jihad on Kashmir with his Talk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9YTbWemCZs

and now Now  Lahore  Islamic Heroes  activating Real Jihad...  a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGruvHGmTas

..nd one guy says one Atom bomb is enough to solve the problem..

• Kashmir endgame
     Reply #77 - October 03, 2019, 07:07 PM

interview with a madman.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a5_aBaFAsg8
  • Kashmir endgame
     Reply #78 - October 03, 2019, 08:25 PM

well   clearly that is Indian side of the story as that guy Mr. SANJAY BHATTACHARYYA       is an Indian Ambassador to Turkey ...  Also I didn't watch that Interview but in the beginning of that interview it said "He wrote and Oped" article in TRT .. so let me put the link and read that from other side dea  r  crumble..

Jammu and Kashmir: The view from India  by    SANJAY BHATTACHARYYA   21 SEP 2019

The Kashmir issue has been reported widely in Turkish media but many have missed the basic facts and conveyed a misleading and incorrect narrative. There is need for a reality check on the Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) issue.

The difficult times prior to 5 August were dominated by cross-border terrorism from Pakistan; after 5 August, India took measures to deter terrorism and provided an ecosystem for people to achieve their aspirations.

We are proud of India’s democracy, economic and social transformation and integration into global systems. In India, citizens always come first and their interests shape policy.

Status of Jammu and Kashmir

Jammu & Kashmir is an integral and inalienable part of India. The Maharaja of J&K signed the Instrument of Accession on 27 October 1947 for the legal incorporation of J&K into India.

However, Pakistan invaded J&K in 1947 and has been in illegal occupation of parts of J&K, including Gilgit-Baltistan (GB) and Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (POK/POJK) and illegally ceded parts of the territory to China. 1.3 billion Indians are united in their resolve to have physical jurisdiction one day.

Initiatives adopted by Government of India on 5 August

On 5 August, internal measures were adopted to build a new J&K. First, elements of the temporary Article 370 of the Constitution of India were made non-operational for effective integration of J&K into the mainstream.

Second, J&K was reorganised into two Union Territories of J&K and Ladakh by a bill passed in Parliament; J&K would have its own Legislature. The initiative would provide governance, development, security against cross-border terrorism and stability. Significantly, there is no change in our external boundaries or LOC.

Pakistan inflicted terrorism, violence and radicalisation in J&K for decades, in broad daylight. It was condemned by the international community, Pakistan was put on the FATF grey-list for its violations and hundreds of Pakistani terrorists and terror organisations were proscribed by UN.

Yet, Pakistan continued its misguided policy of Islamic jihad against India. India’s recent initiatives confirmed zero tolerance for terrorism; that is perhaps why Pakistan’s leaders seemed so disturbed.

Fake story versus reality

Unfortunately, Turkish media has been a victim of propaganda and motivated narrative. Regrettably, this narrative ran counter to the positive momentum in India-Turkey bilateral relations and the strong understanding between PM Modi and President Erdogan to realise the fullest potential of our partnership.

Siege vs saving lives: Restrictions (not curfew) were imposed on assembly and communications as a precautionary measure. We cut off channels used by terrorists to connect with their cells to ensure Kashmiri lives were not subjected to Pakistani terrorism.

Yet, since 5 August, terrorists killed five innocent Kashmiris, shot children and resorted to intimidation to prevent normalcy. Today, 93 percent of the State and 90 percent of the valley have no restrictions and life is returning to normalcy.

Terrorism vs Human Rights: Pakistan’s gift to J&K (and the region) has been terrorism, radicalisation and denial of human rights. India’s deployment of security forces protects the human rights of our citizens against terrorists. With the recent changes in Art 370, over 100 Central laws, including Women’s Rights, Right to Education, Human Rights Act, Muslim Personal Law, that strengthen human rights, have now been extended to J&K.

Religion vs Democratic and Secular ethos: India is a secular nation and J&K is the land of Sufism and coexistence. The vibrant Islamic community of India, second largest in the world, rejected the religious card proposed by Pakistan.

Islamic countries recognised the Kashmir issue has no connection with religion in India’s democratic and secular tradition. India’s vibrant democracy thrives on diversity, pluralism and tolerance. J&K benefited from democracy for seven decades as a State of India. Unfortunately, areas under Pakistan’s occupation have not experienced democracy or human rights. 

Support of international community: Governments across the world recognised our positive initiatives on J&K as our internal affair. India received explicit support from governments in our neighbourhood, namely Afghanistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Maldives; major powers such as US, UK, France, Russia, Japan, Germany; and other countries including UAE, Bahrain, Thailand, Zambia, Poland.

In contrast, Pakistan’s misguided policy was unable to get even 16 countries to support a resolution in UNHRC although it claimed 58 (yet unnamed) members had supported its country statement!

UN and mediation: Pakistan never fulfilled its obligations under UNSC resolutions of 1948, which called on it to withdraw Pakistani forces from POK and GB as it was the aggressor in Kashmir. India and Pakistan signed Simla Agreement in 1972, which called for peaceful, bilateral resolution of outstanding issues. There is no role for third-party mediation on the issue. The land of Gandhi and Buddha will not spurn Pakistan if it forsakes its alternative diplomacy of terrorism and belligerence and adopts the path of peaceful negotiations.

Pakistan leadership’s intemperate statements, threats of war and nuclear weapons have put the spotlight on Pakistan’s aggression and cross-border terrorism and its illegal occupation of Indian territory. There are serious concerns about human rights atrocities by Pakistan, absence of democracy, repopulation and unlawful changes of status in GB and POK.

Way ahead

The fear of terrorism is on the wane and there will be an era of peace and stability in the region. With focus on political devolution, elections to Block Development Councils are to take place in October-November 2019, followed by elections to the Legislature.  Village Panchayat elections were held earlier.

Corporate giants are committed to development of infrastructure, industries, education, tourism, agriculture and handicrafts. J&K Investment Summit will be held in Jammu and Srinagar for this purpose, with participation of domestic and foreign entities. This would be an excellent opportunity for Turkey to be a partner in many of the major infrastructure projects on the anvil in J&K.

The youth of the region are very excited about the new opportunities and are looking for education and employment. The youth of Kashmir have responded enthusiastically to 50,000 new government jobs and recruitment in the Indian Army. 

With normalcy returning, a new era of peace and prosperity dawns.

Disclaimer: The viewpoints expressed by the authors do not necessarily reflect the opinions, viewpoints and editorial policies of TRT World.

We welcome all pitches and submissions to TRT World Opinion – please send them via email, to opinion.editorial@trtworld.com

well that is what he says... Hope he is right.,  he need to lot more work in Turkey to get Recep Tayyip Erdoğan support for Indian government  actions.,

Crumble you really pick up very unknown links that don't come up  in google... You seem to use special browser  ..lol

• Kashmir endgame
     Reply #79 - October 05, 2019, 08:40 AM

a warning from the pm to activists in ajk.

Quote from:
    Prime Minister Imran Khan on Saturday once again advised the residents of Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) against crossing the Line of Control to support the struggle of the people of Indian-occupied Kashmir, who have been under a crippling lockdown for over two months now.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1509140/pm-imran-cautions-ajk-residents-against-crossing-loc-to-aid-occupied-kashmir-struggle

a reply from the march organisers.

Quote from:
    JKLF spokesperson Muhammad Rafiq Dar said “We reject both the notions, of India that we are doing this march towards LoC on the behest of Pakistan and, of Pakistan that we are playing in the hands of India it is our own indigenous initiative”

https://mobile.twitter.com/HamidMirPAK/status/1180379340015640576

video coverage will probably be absent from pak news channels.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HWygEyX0t0o
  • Kashmir endgame
     Reply #80 - October 07, 2019, 12:02 PM

Murtaza Solangi and Tanzeela Mazhar discusses India _Kashmir _Pakistan problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQw1b7ovIX8

Murtaza Solangi is a broadcast journalist based in Islamabad, and was a former Director General of Pakistan Broadcasting Corporation . He is currently working at Capital TV, a local news channel.

He is a great guy but.. but as usual his hand and mouth is tied  and can not speak freely THE ROLE OF ELEPHANT in this problem ..   

https://twitter.com/murtazasolangi?lang=en

Executive Editor Nayadaur Media, Former DG @radiopakistan former journalist @voanews, former VP ABU, former Chairman AIBD, former MD Media Times.

Islamabad, Pakistan.
    thefridaytimes.com/tft

that is solangi  twitter handle

• Kashmir endgame
     Reply #81 - October 11, 2019, 10:00 PM

Prof. Dr. Pervez Hoodbhoy of Pakistan & Maj. Gen. BK Sharma of India   debating on  Kashmir Problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q989UOWw7es

• Kashmir endgame
     Reply #82 - October 12, 2019, 11:24 AM

Well As usual  histrionics from Indian subcontinent .. Now a movie comes out of Kashmir Problems..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1cyfrPDeGg

well that is the trailer from that movie.............

Kaaf Kangana is an upcoming romantic drama film. The film features Sami Khan, Eshal Fayyaz, Ayesha Omer. Kaaf Kangana is written and directed by Khalil-ur-Rehman Qamar. The film is scheduled to be released worldwide on 25 October 2019

and Twitter Tits & bites having a field day on it   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

• Kashmir endgame
     Reply #83 - October 24, 2019, 08:40 AM

Full US Congress hearing on S. Asia human rights, focussed on India action in Kashmir   Oct 22, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7CvelSHeWw

US Congress held a special hearing on Tuesday on the human rights situation in South Asia with special emphasis on India’s post-Aug 5 changes in Kashmir. The two senior state department officials defended India stoutly & tactfully under brutal questioning by lawmakers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cNaR5-7n9I

• Kashmir endgame
     Reply #84 - October 28, 2019, 02:53 PM

Far-right Euro MPs lead landmark trip to Indian  occupied Kashmir  says news with this picture

Nearly 30 Euro MPs, drawn mainly from extreme right-wing parties, will on Tuesday be the first international delegation to visit India-occupied Kashmir since authorities imposed a security clampdown in August to back the ending of the region's autonomy.
    While the Indian government backs the visit, the European parliament and European Union hierarchy have not been involved, raising some diplomatic doubts. Several European embassies in New Delhi were unaware of the visit until Monday.

Muslim-majority occupied Kashmir, in the grip of an uprising for 30 years, has been in the international spotlight since the New Delhi government's move to tighten its grip on the Himalayan region.

The delegation of MEPs is not on an official visit in India and came here at the invitation of a non-government group,” said an EU official in India, speaking on condition of anonymity.

“We are not organising any of their meetings.”

The group is dominated by right-wing deputies from Poland, France and Britain. They met India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday.

They are due to go to occupied Kashmir on Tuesday and return on Wednesday from the visit which the Indian government said aims to give deputies “a better understanding of the cultural and religious diversity of the region of Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh”.

Fearing unrest, the government cut telephone and internet lines and imposed a near curfew in many parts after the decades-old autonomy was ended.

The measures were recently eased, with telephone lines restored, but the population still has no internet.

Thierry Mariani, a Euro MP for France's far-right National Rally, told AFP “we are going to see the situation in Kashmir, at least what they want to show us”

well that is the news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QScRIE6LIEg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0znK_dqenU

• Kashmir endgame
     Reply #85 - October 30, 2019, 08:57 PM

India moves to divide occupied Jammu and Kashmir amid harsh security clampdown, protests  says news   with this picture

India will formally split up occupied Jammu and Kashmir into two federal territories on Thursday, aiming to tighten its grip on the restive region that has been in the grip of a harsh security clampdown for nearly three months.

Street protests against the measures have erupted sporadically, while a dozen people have been killed in recent weeks.

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Hindu nationalist government withdrew occupied Kashmir’s autonomy in August but in addition, it also announced its division into two territories to be directly ruled from New Delhi — one consisting of Jammu and Kashmir and the other the remote Buddhist enclave of Ladakh.

At the same time, it poured thousands of more troops into the Muslim-majority Kashmir valley where Kashmiris have been fighting against Indian rule for decades, and made sweeping arrests to prevent any outbreak of violence.

Editorial: All the spin in the world cannot change the situation on the ground in occupied Kashmir

The government also imposed severe restrictions on travel and cut telephone and internet lines. Some measures have been scaled back but a security lockdown is still largely in place, and broadband and mobile internet connections remain unavailable to most Kashmiris...................

So Indians dived the state in to another majority Muslim and hindu areas ... or may be Muslim, Hindu and Buddhist areas.,

Damn you fools from both countries., if this game was played   in 1950s, 60, 70s and even in 80s,, whole subcontinent  could have progressed much better than what it is now...

Now I wonder would India like to divide other states of that country on the same basis of religion?  make Isolated religious pockets??

India religious census before 1941., before partition

And This  is present India religious census from 2011  ............

https://southasiablog.wordpress.com/2015/07/03/a-more-detailed-punjab-religion-map/

• Kashmir endgame
     Reply #86 - November 01, 2019, 10:54 PM

the idea of a separate muslim homeland has produced a bitter harvest, hasn't it?

quote author=yeezevee link=topic=31652.msg885373#msg885373 date=1572469060]Damn you fools from both countries., if this game was played   in 1950s, 60, 70s and even in 80s,, whole subcontinent  could have progressed much better than what it is now...

Now I wonder would India like to divide other states of that country on the same basis of religion?  make Isolated religious pockets??
    [/quote]
  • Kashmir endgame
     Reply #87 - November 02, 2019, 03:29 PM

the idea of a separate muslim homeland has produced a bitter harvest, hasn't it?

Damn you fools from both countries., if this game was played   in 1950s, 60, 70s and even in 80s,, whole subcontinent  could have progressed much better than what it is now...

well on hind site you may have a point by looking at the past ,  sitting in 2019  dear crumble ..   well past is past ... now we have to look at what have on the plate ..  any way on that Kashmir problem PM Imran Khan speaks out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UOPL5rlP0Q

from Azadi Prade Ceremony.. Gilgit-Baltistan,

Azadi Prades in the country from opposition and Azadi Prade Ceremony from PTI government

• Kashmir endgame
     Reply #88 - November 03, 2019, 12:59 PM

redrawing maps and diluting muslim demographic.

Quote from:
    Gilgit-Baltistan region is shown in Ladakh in the new map, and the remaining part in Jammu and Kashmir Union Territory.

https://scroll.in/latest/942469/centre-releases-new-map-of-india-showing-union-territories-of-j-k-and-ladakh
  • Kashmir endgame
     Reply #89 - November 03, 2019, 01:18 PM

frankly speaking that is wrong thing to do and it is a wrong direction and wrong way to go to solve the  long standing problem of faiths in Indian subcontinent  in a long run ., and and that short time solution by doing such quick fix solution  will actually backfire and  generate more problems to Indians .. If ...if their right wing government has  that mind set...  BECAUSE POLITICS  & POWER STRUGGLES ARE INVOLVED IN THESE PROBLEMS..

• Previous page 1 2 34 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »