Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Imam hurt in shooting outside mosque in northwest France

(Read 2298 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Imam hurt in shooting outside mosque in northwest France
     OP - June 28, 2019, 03:12 PM

Imam hurt in shooting outside mosque in northwest France  Says news..

A gunman opened fire outside a mosque in northwestern France on Thursday, wounding the local imam and another person, before fleeing the scene and later being found dead, officials said.

It was not immediately clear what motivated the incident in the port city of Brest in Brittany, but Interior Minister Christophe Castaner said he had issued orders to increase security measures around places of worship across France.

Imam Rachid El Jay was hit by four bullets while a worshipper who was with him sustained injuries from two bullets, but neither was thought to have life-threatening wounds, the French Council of the Muslim Faith (CFCM) and judicial sources said.  “(El Jay) sustained two bullet wounds to the abdomen and two to the legs.

The worshipper was hit in the legs by two bullets,” the CFCM said.

The incident occurred around 4pm (1400 GMT), when several shots rang out in front of the mosque, it said.

A police source said the suspected shooter was found dead in an area near the airport, some 10 kilometres (six miles) from the mosque, with a fatal gunshot wound to the head after an apparent suicide.

Police have opened an inquiry, with the Paris prosecutor's office saying the situation was also being looked into by the anti-terror squad.

Writing on Twitter, Castaner said he ordered for security to be heightened nationally around places of worship. “I have asked local officials to step up security around places of worship across the country,” he wrote.

well that is the news from France..,little more details on that gunman/gunmen  is important ..

Glad that guy Imam Rachid El Jay is not in danger..  But he and the mosque  he preaches in is targeted by some rogue ..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1 - June 28, 2019, 06:25 PM

The suspect appears to have been delusional rather than ideological.

https://amp.parismatch.com/Actu/Faits-divers/Attaque-contre-la-mosquee-de-Brest-les-confessions-surrealistes-du-tireur-1633677
     Reply #2 - June 29, 2019, 07:14 AM

hello  crumble .,  thank you for that link...it says..via  a translator 

The confession letter of Karl F. DR..

In a handwritten letter addressed to the imam of Lille and circulating on social networks, Karl F. justified in his incoherent remarks his attack on Thursday 27 June in the middle of the afternoon against the imam of the mosque of the district of Pontanezen, Rachid Eljay. The gunman killed himself a few hours after his action.

with this letterJPEG

i  wonder any of the multilingual could translate that letter..  and..and that is an interesting wording.. " delusional rather than ideological."..  those words  have profound background for psychotherapists...

that picture of group of people above presents recent G-20 summit ., A refined intelligent psychotherapist could put half of them in to ideological leaders and other half as " delusional " leaders of the globe ...

Although we know .. What Shia  Imam is saying for the past few years  but we know very little about the guy who fired the shots and killed himself '.

'with best regards
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #3 - June 29, 2019, 11:11 AM

According to the translated article, he said he was abucted by mysterious figures, interfered with his body,  remotely compelled him to carry out a mission, which he tried but failed to reject.

Clearly, nothing like a religious experience...

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »