Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Is there anyone who know Arabic here?

(Read 3179 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Is there anyone who know Arabic here?
     OP - April 04, 2019, 11:27 AM

I have a little passage of Arabic (Sharah of one Hadith about slaves). I want it to be translated into English (exact words are not needed, only main message is enough).
    Is there any one who knows Arabic and could help me?
     Reply #1 - April 04, 2019, 02:30 PM

I have a little passage of Arabic (Sharah of one Hadith about slaves). I want it to be translated into English (exact words are not needed, only main message is enough).   Is there any one who knows Arabic and could help me?   

dear  Jibrael .,  glad to see you back., there are many people who can translate an Arabic passage from hadith or from Quran  to English passage or any language you would like to get it translated .,   Please provide the link of it so some one can translate it  for you..  there are plenty folks who read this forum  and familiar with Arabic language ..,  But my take home message of hadith (which I read not as often as I read Quran) is the following., .

" I would completely REJECT ALL HADITH that have no relation, no connection to Quran verses ., And I will   only consider those hadith sayings that  were allegedly came out of Prophet of Islam  from the day he became prophet of Islam to within 10 years of his demise .

That means considering 63 years or so of Prophet's life and starting date is .... year 610.....  Prophet died in the year 632:  .. so cut off date hadith selection will be the year 642..

610: The first revelation in the cave at Mt. Hira. The Holy Prophet is commissioned as the Messenger of God.

632: 632: Death of the Holy Prophet.Election of Hadrat Abu Bakr as the Caliph.

So again.,  they have to be authentic  and were uttered by Prophet of Islam between  the year 610 to year 642.

Anything beyond those years.,    I WILL COMPLETELY REJECT  and( in fact I WILL INSULT THE HADITH AND THOSE WHO  USE HADITH SAYINGS to defend their Islamic faith, their  rituals. their STUPID rules and THEIR DANGEROUS religious politics.).

So think about the hadith dear Jibrael

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - April 24, 2019, 03:20 PM

There is a Hadith in Sahih Muslim and Kitab-ul-Adab of Imam Bukhari, where it is claimed that Prophet Muhammad ordered to free the slave if one slaps him unjustly.

Sahih Muslim:
    Zadhan reported that Ibn Umar called his slave and he found the marks (of beating) upon his back. He said to him: I have caused you pain. He said: No. But he (Ibn Umar) said: You are free. He then took hold of something from the earth and said: There is no reward for me even to the weight equal to it. I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who beats a slave without cognizable offence of his or slaps him (without any serious fault), then expiation for it is that he should set him free.

http://sahihmuslim.com/sps/smm/sahihmuslim.cfm?scn=dspchaptersfull&BookID=15&ChapterID=669

My question is, if this order (i.e. to set slave free for slapping) is "obligatory" or only a "recommendation"?

Imam Bukhari also recorded this hadith in his "Kitab-ul-Adab" and he gave this heading that it is is only "recommended" to set the slave free. Here is exactly the heading that he gave:
    //
    93. Someone who slaps his slave should free him even though he is under no obligation to do so
    https://archive.org/stream/AdabAlMufradByBukhari/Adab-al-Mufrad%20by%20Bukhari_djvu.txt
    //

Here is Arabic Commentary of Sahih Muslim "Fath al Munam" (http://www.hadithportal.com/index.php?show=hadith&h_id=3232&uid=0&sharh=10000&book=31&bab_id=722). Could anyone translate the passage where the commentator is discussing if it is "obligation" or only "recommendation" to set the slave free.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »