Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The self segregation of British Muslims

(Read 3117 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The self segregation of British Muslims
     OP - October 08, 2018, 01:17 PM

Another ramble this one, I just need to get a few things off my chest.

I think the two earliest reasons that are given to explain the phenomena of Muslim immigrants/British Muslim children becoming increasingly segregated and radicalised are 1) the racism that some immigrants faced when they first came here and 2) the Rushdie affair which triggered a renewal of Islamic identity. This last point is quite funny because the fatwa given to Salman Rushdie was made by a Shia. Most of the Muslims here are Sunnis yet many seem to have felt obliged to listen to this guy. The shia are scum but when it comes to the West and the 'kaafirs' who have supposedly 'blashpehmed' against Muhammad, our enemey in this Islamic civil war we can listen to.

Anyway going back to the racism point, man I'd love to pay the price of being called a Paki right now and have a loving family rather than what's happened. In my community we do shame so well but there doesn't seem to be any shame for our reputation as backward conservatives, groomers and extremists. It angers me. I feel like I've been let down by a generation of fuckheads. I find it very hard to sympathise with how my parents generation segregated themselves even if some of them were victims of racism. I mean it's not just a matter of keeping to your community, it's treating the other like trash to the point that our kids need to be abused in order to not be taken in by the kaafir culture.
     Reply #1 - February 01, 2020, 11:27 PM

It's not just british asians who segregate themselves, I notice it amongst the british natives too. Are they both racist? Probably but I'm not sure that's the real motivation.

I had an exchange with someone who dressed older in a religious kinda way but was clearly close to my age. He addressed me as if I was a generation younger than him. It makes me wonder whether his costume changed his perception or whether he simply followed the script that his old-man persona demanded.

Reply #2 - February 01, 2020, 11:48 PM

I guess that ramble should have had a conclusion. Well, it was about uniforms and playing roles. Less about segregation, more about acting the part.

Reply #3 - February 02, 2020, 01:09 PM

carrying on the uniform line of thought, I notice parallels in how young women advertise their adulthood. some white britons tend to wear revealing clothing whilst some british asians wear a nun-like garb. both are advertising their sexual maturity but in different fashions.

when parents from both communities choose to dress their small children in mini adultwear then you have to wonder what (if anything) is going through their minds.   are they just towing a party line or do they have no independent ideas about inappropriate behaviour?
     Reply #4 - February 05, 2020, 09:08 AM

about treating other communities like trash, isn't that how many muslims see themselves? sure, there's a lot of puffed up pride but it's the bravado of a defeated people.
     Reply #5 - February 05, 2020, 02:33 PM

and defeated people tend to have delusions of grandeur. ghetto life in overcrowded tenements hasn't woken them up to the reality of their situation. pride comes before a fall - but there's nowhere to fall when you're already at rock bottom.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »