Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: NayaPakistan...New Pakistan... Imran Khan Pakistan..

(Read 158643 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 56 7 ... 29 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • NayaPakistan...New Pakistan... Imran Khan Pakistan..
     Reply #120 - October 27, 2019, 03:51 PM

Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam - Fazl (JUI-F) senator Maulana Hafiz Hamdullah  has lost his Pakistani citizenship   says news

ISLAMABAD: Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam - Fazl (JUI-F) senator Maulana Hafiz Hamdullah  has lost his Pakistani citizenship after  National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) on Saturday declared him a 'confirmed alien'

The NADRA's decision to strip him of Pakistani citizenship was revealed by a notification  which the  Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) issued to the TV channels.

The electronic media watchdog through the notification asked the broadcasters  not to  invite the JUI-F leader to talk-shows as he is no longer a Pakistani citizen.

https://www.thenews.com.pk//assets/uploads/updates/2019-10-26/546620_8767635_pemra-letter_updates.jpg 

well that is NOT good...  He was and he is still in Politics

Political career

He was elected MPA of Balochistan Assembly in 2002 General Elections on Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal ticket, and served as Provisional Health Minister from 2002 till 2005.[7] In March 2012 he was elected to the Senate of Pakistan on general seat as Jameet Ulema Islam (F) candidate.[8] He is the chairperson of senate committee on Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony,[9] and member of functional committee on Government Assurances, Information Technology and Telecommunication and committee on Ports and Shipping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU_9fFgOMk4

So he is afghan pashtun ,, Not Pakistani??  yet he was health minister ??

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #121 - October 27, 2019, 08:15 PM

the other 'aliens' don't seem to care about the obviousness of their interventions.

Quote from:
    ISLAMABAD: Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam - Fazl (JUI-F) senator Maulana Hafiz Hamdullah  has lost his Pakistani citizenship after  National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) on Saturday declared him a 'confirmed alien'

So he is afghan pashtun ,, Not Pakistani??  yet he was health minister ??

Reply #122 - October 27, 2019, 10:33 PM

talking of which:

Quote from:
    Cyril Almeida, a well-known Pakistani journalist who extensively reported on the country’s civil-military nexus for the English-daily Dawn, often running into loggerheads with authorities, resigned from the newspaper Sunday.

https://theprint.in/world/pakistani-journalist-cyril-almeida-quits-dawn/308900/
     Reply #123 - October 28, 2019, 02:16 PM

that is terrible news.,  Pakistan lost one of most important journalist .. If he is NOT writing to some newspaper in the country., he must move out of the country ASAP

https://twitter.com/cyalm/status/1185930491091914752

Some more work news, belatedly: I have resigned from Dawn and ended the Sunday column. Am deeply grateful for the readership and affection over the years. There is no plan to return to writing in the foreseeable future, a break from the media appears to be on the card

I read Dawn because of such outstanding journalists ..  literally 100s of articles from him could be read  at dawn..

https://www.dawn.com/authors/193/cyril-almeida

https://www.youtube.com/watch?2=&v=xUlhks9kumA

In this way PM IMRAN KHAN WILL LOOSE  THE GAME HE IS PLAYING.. not just the game .. he will loose more

Reply #124 - October 28, 2019, 02:34 PM

Cannot give a guarantee about anyone's life, PM Imran says on Nawaz's health

And he says that at PM Imran Khan Speech at foundation stone laying ceremony for Baba Guru Nanak University

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNAwhRVTxS8

Not sure about this game...It is good to have a University but what do they teach in it?  .. All Pakistani Muslims  should learn about Origins of Sikhism apart from Origins of Islam 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZs49-PRTus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bun64E1akGk

let me watch that

Reply #125 - October 28, 2019, 06:49 PM

Fawad Chaudhry Exclusive Interview | SAMAA TV | 28 October 2019  ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuLOsPev1kE

People Invading  Islamabad Capital with AK-47   says minister..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToK3n7efLkE

my goodness gracious look at that crowd.,  Well Imran Khan is going to  face the heat of the crowd.,  Imran used emotions on people even after getting elected as PM instead of using brain .,  What is the point of  spending so much time on the corruption of opposition parties ., If they were corrupt get whatever Pak govt can get from what they have in Pakistan.... sell their properties and move on ., You can not get anything what they have in other countries., their rules of the game are different 

Now the only option PTI  has is dissolve the govt and go for fresh elections ASAP

Reply #126 - October 29, 2019, 05:39 AM

Unstable health condition stalls Nawaz’s shifting   says news

LAHORE/ISLAMABAD: A team of doctors spent another day trying to figure out the cause of a sudden drop in the platelet count of Nawaz Sharif, who had been admitted to Lahore Services Hospital a week ago, amid speculation that he might have to be taken to some other health facility within the country or abroad for better treatment......

well read it all at the Dawn link..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B64NN-sY1d0

well that is the news.. Imran you are doing a  terrible mistake..blunder., if the opposition party heads die it will stay with you until you die., and that will not help Pakistan

If you want to take all the money from corrupt people .. whatever you have in their homes in Pakistan .. take all  their properties they have in Pakistan  and sell it  and run the government but let them go anywhere they want for their health treatment .. whatever they have in abroad  that falls under international law not under Pakistan Islamic law.,  Unless you are trying to become   21st century Muslim  Caliph  and go to war on their foreign properties in foreign countries., just let them go...

Reply #127 - October 29, 2019, 02:51 PM

Problem of Nawaz  Sharif, His health  ., NRO and  Imran Khan future 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UqfdyoVlgA

That is a very interesting point from Hassan Nisar .. right in the beginning .,

again my dear Captain  you are doing mistakes over mistakes .. your need to control your mouth .. look at  that guy in the next door neighbor..  HE DOESN'T GIVE LOUD MOUTH SPEECHES LIKE YOU .. he acts ..

Off The Record With Kashif Abbasi - 28th October 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FcQyOk41lI

Reply #128 - November 01, 2019, 02:30 PM

Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam (Fazl) chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman JUI-F Azadi March

'You have two days to resign,' JUI-F chief tells PM

JUI-F chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman gave the prime minister two days to resign "or else we will be forced to think of another strategy".

"We will not be able to exercise any patience after that point."

And Prime Minister Khan says Will send you food, but never hand you an NRO,' PM tells Azadi March protesters

Prime Minister Imran Khan, while addressing a public rally in Gilgit-Baltistan, told the 'Azadi March' protesters congregated in Islamabad that when they run out of food, more will be sent to them, but their leaders should not expect any amnesty from him.

"Gone are the days when one used to use Islam to gain power. This is a new Pakistan. Sit however long you want. When your food runs out, we will send more. But we will not give you an NRO," declared the prime minister..........

Visiting the region on the occasion of its independence day, the prime minister regretted that while the day marked a glorious event, a movement was on that day seeking disruption in Islamabad.

"We are celebrating your independence while an Azadi March [is ongoing in Islamabad]. Who are they wishing to gain freedom from?" "I want the media to go there and ask people who they wish to free themselves from," said the prime minister, stating that all his opponents appear disjointed in their thoughts and aims.

"If you ask PPP, they will talk about inflation; if you talk to PML-N they won't know why they are there. JUI-F will decry a 'Jewish conspiracy' [to undermine Pakistan]."

"When Maulana Fazlur Rehman is there [in Islamabad] we have no need of foreign conspiracies," said the premier, adding: "The way the Indian media is celebrating [this march], it makes it seem he [Rehman] himself is (an Indian) national."

The prime minister regretted the use of Islam for shoring up votes. "The youth will be misled. They will think he [the Maulana] is the caretaker of Islam. Instead of coming to Islam, people will leave religion after looking at him."

"People are on to you now, Fazl. This is the age of social media. People know there is no substance in your statements. People remember that when PTI gave a dharna [in 2014], what the PPP, PML-N had said at that time," he said.

well read it all at the links

Reply #129 - November 01, 2019, 10:42 PM

labelling opponents as indian agents and pretending to regret religious politics.... welcome to naya pakistan.
     Reply #130 - November 02, 2019, 04:55 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWlip2HWPaU

That is a very large crowd., well if people stay in capital for a week.. it is a trouble

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcd3nCN6t9U

Reply #131 - November 02, 2019, 10:16 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAguS2pB_R8

I wonder these guys having fun  or real political debate ?  The way Imran  Khan   speaks publicly   puts his  own well wishers in very difficult position...

Reply #132 - November 02, 2019, 11:41 PM

if saddam hussein had chosen a career in stand-up comedy...

Quote from:
    DG ISPR Major General Asif Ghafoor said in a television interview. “Pakistan’s armed forces are an impartial state institution which always supports democratically elected governments,” he added.

“Nobody would be allowed to create instability as the country cannot afford chaos,” said the military spokesperson while referring to the security challenges faced by the country on eastern and western fronts.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2091771/1-no-one-allowed-create-instability-cost-dg-ispr/?amp=1
     Reply #133 - November 03, 2019, 05:51 AM

if saddam hussein had chosen a career in stand-up comedy...

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2091771/1-no-one-allowed-create-instability-cost-dg-ispr/?amp=1

DG ISPR Major General Asif Ghafoor said in a television interview.

that fellow used to shit in his pants when he saw    bearded Muslim guy from Punjab..anyways  that is past now he is hero..  but  let me watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4jR0GKcVTQ

well Reham Khan is giving back and  taking Imran's ass   for what he said in those containers before elections  ., Buy I am fairly certain neither of them read Quran .. the book.,  the whole book ...

Reply #134 - November 03, 2019, 01:43 PM

well on Imran Khan and his PTI government that SMOKER WRITES  at today's dawn   with this Imran's  picture

One often hears the term ‘messiah complex’ attributed to certain political leaders. On the surface, this term is not so difficult to understand. Also known as ‘saviour complex’, it is usually explained as a psychological state in which a person believes themself to be a saviour.

Even though such people can have an overtly inflated self-image, psychologists do not treat it as a disorder. But according to the February 6, 2017 edition of Psychology Today, the complex is not entirely normal. It can actually become problematic because it borders on disorders such as ‘delusions of grandeur’ and is also found in certain strains of schizophrenia.

The political variant of the messiah complex can become even trickier to study because it can be triggered in an individual by a society which is strongly ‘messianic’ in nature. In this case, a political leader may not inherently have a messiah complex, but he mimics the rhetoric and imagery related to ‘messianism’ of a society in order to advance his career as a politician or a possible ruler.
    L.M. Anderson writes in The Messianism of a Generation that societies that have gone through a series of disconcerting social, political or economic crises often become extremely receptive to messianic ideas of politics. Anything other than this they perceive as a vacuum which can only be filled by a saviour who embodies traits associated with an understanding of bygone mythical, national and religious heroes and their equally mythologised deeds.

Again, a saviour may appear in this vacuum either as a clever manipulator (à la Joseph Stalin) or as someone who actually does suffer from a messiah complex (such as Adolph Hitler). Either way, psychologists warn that things often do not end well for such leaders or for the societies in which they emerge.

Another way to understand political messianism has been the rather complex academic discipline called ‘political theology.’ Roots of this field can be found in the 1922 essay “Politische Theologie” by the German political theorist Carl Schmitt. He claims that all significant concepts of the modern theory of the state are secularised theological concepts. He also suggests that power can only be achieved by those who are willing to “step outside the rule of law for national interest.”

According to Schmitt, religious beliefs and ideas might have lost ground during the rise of modernisation, but modern politics was actually a secularised expression of religious ideas. Schmitt supported Hitler and saw him as the man who became a sovereign by stepping outside the rule of law to regenerate the German nation — a political messiah.

Ever since Schmitt, the subject of political theology has remained controversial. It is seen as an illiberal rationale to justify the creation of the modern ‘Leviathan’ — a word used by 17th-century British philosopher Thomas Hobbes to claim that “absolute power of the sovereign was ultimately justified by the consent of the governed.”

Coming back to messianic societies, these are believed to be religious but operating in secularised conditions. This often finds them struggling in this dichotomy (but which, according to political theology, is not a dichotomy). Pakistan has been one such society. In times of crises, the polity has welcomed a series of political messiahs. But this is a country which was founded by a rational constitutionalist. However, he passed away just a year after the country’s creation and, unsurprisingly, was turned into a messianic figure by the state which was conscious of the polity’s messianic disposition.

Then, in 1958, the state produced a living political messiah, to great applause, in the shape of Ayub Khan. His 1967 biography Friends, Not Masters suggests that even though he was astute enough to fill the aforementioned vacuum, he also had a streak of the messiah complex. Ironically, he was cornered and then ousted by two other messianic politicians, Z.A. Bhutto and Shiekh Mujeeb. Shamim Ahmad’s book Z.A. Bhutto: The Psychodynamics of His Rise and Fall is not hesitant to present the former prime minister as a man who actually believed he was the saviour that Pakistan needed. And, for a while, he was treated as one.

When Bhutto was executed in 1979, political martyrdom became a vital addition to the polity’s messianic makeup. In fact, in the culture of Bhutto’s party, it is now directly related to political messianism, further intensified by the assassination of Benazir Bhutto in 2007.

What about the current Pakistani PM? Many have described him as someone with a messiah complex or who fits Schmitt’s description of a sovereign who comes to power (and retains it) by stepping outside established rules ‘for national interest.’

Like Bhutto, he understands parliamentary democracy thr­ough Hobbes’ lens of the Leviathan. Political theology describes the Leviathan as “totalitarian democracy”, in which draconian laws can be applied as long as they are in ‘national interest.’

But PM Khan’s is a minority government. It is a weak regime surviving almost entirely on the support of the establishment. For almost a decade, Khan meticulously branded himself as the messiah the nation had been waiting for. In the past, the messianism aspect of Pakistani society was largely understood to be associated with the ‘uneducated masses’. Interestingly, this time round, a large section of the ‘educated’ urban bourgeoise rapidly absorbed the political messianism projected by Khan while, ironically, at the same time lambasting the messianic politics associated with the Bhuttos and the Sharifs.

So, the wheel of messianic politics in the country continues to turn. The state seems to have run completely out of ideas to nourish a more rational political alternative that is outside the confines of Hobbes’ Leviathan and Schmitt’s political-theological sovereign: the ever-charming but ultimately failing political messiah.

well that is a very good Oped from smoker . Imran problem is NOT his actions but his big mouth and loos talk .. He should shut up and let his attack wolfs take care of talking and he just smile and do work quietly .. but ..but it is already too late ..

Reply #135 - November 03, 2019, 03:37 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ldQE7je-k4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgsPIcbIQtw

Imran .. watch that .. think what your government doing  and look at your team you selected ., What you guys did with that  Rana Sanaullah Khan  CASE IS DANGEROUS.., you can not say that your government Pakistan govt IS NOT responsible ..

that is not the way to deal with the problems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86QN8K3PcIA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II9WHZtAonA

Reply #136 - November 07, 2019, 04:36 PM

Reham Khan  on KARTARPUR CORRIDOR between Pakistan and India

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS4iW3hsfug

Reham Khan  on AZADI MARCH SPECIAL 2019 Nov-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKgmMLCA5Xo

Boy She hates Imran Khan .. and and she was married to him for some time.. Strange relations..

and and Prime Minister Imran Khan  speaks about his own life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E-MZ_jy6-A

He says Pakistan is very diverse country.. I wish it is and every one speaking their own   language .. .. off course there are Four  provincial languages – Punjabi, Pashto, Sindhi, and Balochi.

but let me list rest of them

Punjabi,
    Saraiki,
     Pashto,
    Sindhi,
    Balochi,
    Gujarati,
    Kashmiri,
    Hindko,
    Brahui,
    Shina,
    Balti,
    Khowar,
    Dhatki,
    Haryanvi,
    Marwari,
    Wakhi
     Burushaski.

oh well life goes on.. time never stops .. Not sure what Imran is speaking

Reply #137 - November 07, 2019, 05:05 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsSyor3IQR8

Imran Khan .. Prime Minister Imran Khan.. Not sure whether you are using Pak Army or Pak Army is using you.,   but what is happening there will have dangerous effect on Pakistan...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY32faRWP8M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRSlsxPYQjY

Reply #138 - November 12, 2019, 02:04 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYjKiJXTs3E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgSZ7wMNyTU

Imran talks nonsense ., what he is saying there is foolish., Imran.,  those words will hunt you back ., these are modern times .. each word of yours will be recorded on multiple storage devices .

SO PLEASE STOP TALKING NONSENSE.. pre-prepare your talk .. do not speak whatever comes to your mind in front of crowd

Reply #139 - November 12, 2019, 02:08 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trNGTd3_uO4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mge5oD6cRbo

Reply #140 - November 12, 2019, 05:43 PM

My goodness gracious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5PA66PjO18

this guy has all sorts of secrets ., he is such smart guy no wonder he is in every government  ..

he was in PML-N.,  he was in  PML-Q., he created his own one man party  Awami Muslim League (Pakistan) ., Now he is in PTI...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULjJgUI2Arw

Reply #141 - November 16, 2019, 10:14 AM

is pakistan secular? short answer is no but watch the video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WRz6_LQgzZQ

was pakistan supposed to be secular? probably not in the modern sense but read this article.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1510546/smokers-corner-the-religious-card
     Reply #142 - November 16, 2019, 10:33 AM

a quick follow-up article on the secular question.

Quote from:
    ... Sir Syed, Iqbal and Jinnah formulated a unique way to form a non-theological Muslim polity without compromising its Muslim identity, because, after all, this was what was to gain a separate Muslim country.

... this is why, right from the onset, the Pakistani state tried to undermine and isolate those demanding a theocracy. The state did this by ‘nationalising Islam.’

... The state continued to usurp social and physical spaces once dominated by the clerics, pirs and ulema. This way the state gave itself the sole right to define what an Islamic state was and at the same time deride the non-state explanations of faith as being ‘anti-progress’ and ‘backward.’

... Eventually, from the mid-1980s onwards, the state opted out from framing Islam in the context of how it was framed by the likes of Sir Syed, Iqbal, Jinnah and Ayub. Unchecked by the state (and even encouraged), the process spiralled out of control, causing religious violence and insurgencies in a highly polarised polity.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1467206/smokers-corner-secularisation-without-secularism
     Reply #143 - November 16, 2019, 01:09 PM

meanwhile, former pm's brother does a press conference reminiscent of a charlie chaplin movie. no video clip as yet so here's something equally as ridiculous to substitute.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KhazranSays/status/1195658242174652417
     Reply #144 - November 16, 2019, 01:15 PM

found it - skip to 4m30s for hilarious incompetence.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xcpbUMr25bE
     Reply #145 - November 18, 2019, 04:42 PM

PM Imran Khan Full Speech Today | Inauguration of Hazara Motorway - 18th November 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo28s-KqhHI

Reply #146 - November 19, 2019, 03:44 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnUUNdbtC2U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYHh4X14eHs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWcy_yYvjZY

well  that is what is happening in the country...

Reply #147 - November 24, 2019, 01:24 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu5hfIdbLh4

well that fellow is hitting Imran Khan below the belt with that Quran burning news from Norway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOXprkfYqdM

and it goes on ....

Reply #148 - November 30, 2019, 05:50 PM

My goodness Irfan Husain Saheb  one of MY MOS FAVORITE JOURNALIST  hits hard at Imran Khan..
    Is honesty enough? ...November 30, 2019 dawn...

IMRAN Khan has become a past master at deciding which court he will appear before. He has done this previously by questioning judges’ impartiality, and by threatening to launch a dharna, or sit-in, with his cohorts behind him.
    But now that he’s been anointed prime minister, he can no longer indulge in such tactics. When it seemed that the Election Commission would soon be ready to give its verdict on the long-pending foreign funding case that has been hanging over the PTI since the last election, a jolt of electricity passed through the party leadership.

The government spokeswoman even asked: “What’s the hurry?”

Actually, we have been waiting for a verdict for five years now. Obviously, the time is ripe for a resolution on the sources of funding of the PTI’s election finances, and Khan’s request for secret hearings has been rejected, as it should have been.The reason the ECP has not accepted the request for secret hearings could have something to do with the way he has treated the judiciary. But now, as prime minister, he has had to change his tune. So where’s his sportsman spirit? He couldn’t get away with constantly questioning the impartiality of the umpires on the cricket field even though he is known to have indulged in roughing up the ball on a couple occasions.

Increasingly, he comes across as a leader who, instead of analysing a problem to look for a way around it, tends to throw his largely incompetent staff at it.

One example is the ‘take-no-decision’ movement now being practised by the bureaucracy. Frequent speeches trying to reassure the bureaucrats of non-harassment by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) seem to have fallen on deaf ears because the civil servants just don’t believe that they will get any protection from the government. So what is the solution?

If he reads the newspapers, he would discover that the ban of all things Indian, including life-saving pharmaceutical products, has badly hit patients who can’t afford the very expensive European and American drugs. So instead of punishing India, it is Pakistanis who have been punished.

There’s something to be said about forming committees to check the situation and render advice, instead of just firing from the hip. And this was surely one occasion.

A change of governance style can still take place as the prime minister learns that being on dharna is very different from running a country of 200 million. Patience and hard work are key. But can he make this transition?

However, having put so much of himself in this effort, and having invested such political capital into this bid, I do wish he learns the art of leadership: after all, he is honest

Yap.. his big mouth and rascals around hims is HIS PROBLEM ..   but Irfan Husain Saheb    GIVE SOME MORE TIME TO HIM PLEASE....

Reply #149 - December 04, 2019, 08:52 AM

Sheikh Rasheed Exclusive Interview with Mehar Bokhari | 3 December

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBhBgw0sK2g

Recovery of £190m from Malik Riaz tops cabinet discussion  says Dawn news

ISLAMABAD: The federal cabinet on Tuesday held a threadbare discussion on recovery of 190 million pounds by the United Kingdom’s National Crime Agency (NCA) from real estate tycoon Malik Riaz’s family and handing it over to Pakistan.

A source, who attended the meeting, told Dawn on condition of anonymity that the prime minister discussed the matter with some cabinet members when officials of Prime Minister Secretariat and other ministries had left the meeting hall.

According to a press release issued by the PM Office, the Assets Recovery Unit (ARU) facilitated the repatriation of 190 million pounds (approximately $250m) through a settlement.

The UK’s National Crime Agency has agreed to an out-of-court settlement in a pending investigation with a Pakistani family that owns large property developments in Pakistan and elsewhere. The NCA also agreed on immediate repatriation of funds to the state of Pakistan, it added.  ,,,,,,,,,,,

“The 190 million pounds settlement is the result of an investigation by the NCA into Malik Riaz Hussain, a Pakistani national, whose business is one of the biggest private sector employers in Pakistan and the settlement is a civil matter and does not represent a finding of guilt,” it said

well that is the news,,,,

• Previous page 1 ... 3 4 56 7 ... 29 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »