Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: China’s Global Building Spree Runs Into Trouble in Pakistan

(Read 1998 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • China’s Global Building Spree Runs Into Trouble in Pakistan
     OP - July 23, 2018, 03:49 AM

LAHORE, Pakistan—Pakistan’s first metro, the Orange Line, was meant to be an early triumph in China’s quest to supplant U.S. influence here and redraw the world’s geopolitical map.

Financed and built by Chinese state-run companies, the soon-to-be-finished overhead railway through Lahore is among the first projects in China’s $62 billion plan for Pakistan. Beijing hoped the $2 billion air-conditioned metro, sweeping past crumbling relics of Mughal and British imperial rule, would help make Pakistan a showcase for its global infrastructure-building spree.

Instead, it has become emblematic of the troubles that are throwing China’s modern-day Silk Road initiative off course.

Three years into China’s program here, Pakistan is heading for a debt crisis, caused in part by a surge in Chinese loans and imports for projects like the Orange Line, which Pakistani officials say will require public subsidies to operate.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/chinas-global-building-spree-runs-into-trouble-in-pakistan-1532280460

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
  • China’s Global Building Spree Runs Into Trouble in Pakistan
     Reply #1 - July 23, 2018, 04:41 AM

Well Chinese and Americans have lot of money .. they should give it freely WITHOUT ANY INTEREST where it is needed  .. Same WSJ says

2.5 Billion Pounds of Meat Piles Up in U.S. as Production Grows, Exports Slow

2,5 billion pounds means ~ 10 billion dollars  .. it could make whole AMERICA SMELL BAD if all that meat gets rotten ............they should give it away freely

but Chinese are much smarter than Americans when it comes to doing business with other countries..

https://www.dawn.com/news/1421877/many-cpec-projects-in-doldrums-as-nha-faces-financial-crisis

ISLAMABAD: A number of road projects related to the $52 billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) are said to be in doldrums as the National Highway Authority (NHA) faces financial crisis.

Chinese initiated the projects .. they dig all over the country.............. makes holes everywhere and Now they are holding and bouncing the checks

Sources told Dawn that contractors have stopped work on several CPEC projects after their cheques worth over Rs5 billion had bounced a couple of days ago.

that is today's news..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• China?s Global Building Spree Runs Into Trouble in Pakistan
     Reply #2 - July 25, 2018, 09:05 AM

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »