Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 7 Maxims for Moderate Muslims

(Read 4561 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • 7 Maxims for Moderate Muslims
     OP - June 07, 2018, 05:33 PM

Hi Friends,
    After leaving Islam for many years, I have become comfortable not keeping roza and not praying namaaz etc But it bothers me that many people who are neither fully muslim nor fully ex muslim feel guilty and confused. To help these people out, I have authored a book with the title

7 Maxims for Moderate Muslims

It rejects the ideology of Islam without apologising for it and it shows a way out of religion for Muslims who are trapped in it,

I would like your feedback on the ebook, how do I link to it here ?

Thanks,
    Al Khidr.

http://freedomfromjihad.com/
     Reply #1 - June 07, 2018, 05:38 PM

I think linking is working,

Here is the link to the ebook,

http://freedomfromjihad.com/7maxims2.pdf

Please have a look and share your feedback,

Thanks,

Al Khidr.
     Reply #2 - June 07, 2018, 06:29 PM

I think linking is working,

Please have a look and share your feedback,

Thanks,

Al Khidr.

Glad to see this folder al khidr ..  i  will read through..

thank you...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #3 - June 09, 2018, 10:24 PM

Take beer! cheers sloshed

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #4 - June 10, 2018, 04:14 PM

Takbeer !

Is it good? too heavy ? helpful ? unnecessary ?

How can it be imroved ?

Thanks.
     Reply #5 - June 10, 2018, 06:30 PM

Takbeer !

Is it good? too heavy ? helpful ? unnecessary ?

How can it be imroved ?

Thanks.

well  ..  before we answer these questions ................... Is it good? too heavy ? helpful ? unnecessary ? and how to improve it ?? ..... real question is what did QSE say in his post??

Tekbir??   Takbeer??   takebeer??

.. well   we can not do anything with  Tekbir or  Takbeer..    But.. but there is little doubt that  "takebeer" with in limits is good .. too much is of anything is heavy .. yes in small amounts  it is helpful., may be it is also   unnecessary.,  and we can always improve it..  Even that Quran..........hadith ............Takbeer  all can be improved .,

I think you did a pretty good job in improving Quran..........hadith  and takbeer.,  

anyways  .. glad to see you again dear  al khidr .. So I am reading here and there   and curious about this stuff you wrote on Quran

THE ORIGINAL QURAN   The Arabic Script of the time of Muhammad did not have the dots (to distinguish some consonants) and dashes (vowelization markers) that we see in our Quran today. The Arabic Script that we use today came after the time of Muhammad, so how did the people record the Quran at the time when Muhammad revealed it ?

According  to  Islamic  Tradition,   The   Original  Quran   was   recorded  on Bones, Leafs, Animal Skin and memorized by different people in various fragments. The Caliphs who came after Muhammad (Abu Bakar, Umar, Usman, Ali) codified, collected and compiled this material into the Original Quran that was written in the Kufic Script.

This is what is contained in this book. Since the Kufic script predates the Arabic script of today, the Quran that we have today was derived from the Original Kufic Quran that is available in this book. Written in gold-leaf Arabic letters of kufic script of the time of Muhammad,this Quran was probably made in Iraq before 800CE and is the only known complete example of its kind.This was acquired by an American named Johns Hopkins in a 1942 bequest.Although

the real value of this Quran cannot be determined by finite means, its material value at that time was $1.9 to 2.9 million.Turkish officials asked that this Quran be returned after it was displayed at Baltimore's Walters University Art Gallery in 1997.

In 1999, the Johns Hopkins University returned this volume of the Koran to the Republic ofTurkey to be reunited with the second volume in Nuruosmaniye Library in Istanbul.This Quran may be difficult to read even for those who know Arabic because without the dots and dashes one needs to have a good knowledge of the language and the Quran to decipher the script, but Casting your eyes on the ancient pages of the original text; that was the source of the Quran which we read today, is a sublime experience that you should not miss.26

So on this Johns Hopkins  Kufic script Quran,, .. Did you or anyone translate all those pages in the above link??

Oops al khidr  you already did this....

is that a translation OR YOUR OWN VERSION??

with best wishes'
    yeezevee

Reply #6 - June 11, 2018, 11:39 AM

Hi yeezevee,
    Thanks for linking to the amazon page of the khufic quran that I put together from the original scanned pages.
    I have not yet finished a word to word comparision between todays quran and the khufic quran, my purpose is to refute the claim that the quran we have today is unchanged from the original.

The question is, why did Allah choose a language like arabic to reveal his final message, when the Arabic of that time was not even mature enough to express its letters unambiguously. Without the dots and dashes which evolved later on, it is hardly possible for someone who has not memorized the quran to read the script.

If you find any side by side comparison of todays hafz or warsh quran with the khufic quran, please do link it here as it would be revealing to show how the quran has changed.
    Coming back to the topic, how can the 7 maxims for moderate muslims be improved ? I am seeking feedback before I launch the final print version onto amazon :-)
    I understood the king of the pub to mean "take a chill pill" when he said "take a beer" but takbir is like subhanallah !
    Regards,
    Al Khidr.
     Reply #7 - June 11, 2018, 11:54 AM

Hi yeezevee,
    I understood the king of the pub to mean "take a chill pill" when he said "take a beer" but takbir is like subhanallah !

Regards,
    Al Khidr.

Cheesy  indeed QSE is  king of the pub.,  but i hope he does it within limits... 

and i  kinow what is takbir...  takbeeer  means dear Al Khidr.,  but  a careful  and rational  analysis of that ...god is great.....  beer is great............... love of god...............love of beer...

they all fall in to same category inside our brain dear  khidr .,   rest of your post we will discuss in time

well let me enjoy a corona and some songs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKpQRjj_WbU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fulz4ytZ54

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #8 - June 11, 2018, 02:15 PM

So  al khidr asks some questions and gives some pointers for discussion ... let me put his post as points
    1., The question is, why did Allah choose a language like arabic to reveal his final message, when the Arabic of that time was not even mature enough to express its letters unambiguously. Without the dots and dashes which evolved later on, it is hardly possible for someone who has not memorized the quran to read the script.

2.  If you find any side by side comparison of todays hafz or warsh quran with the khufic quran, please do link it here as it would be revealing to show how the quran has changed.

3.  Coming back to the topic, how can the 7 maxims for moderate muslims be improved ? I am seeking feedback before I launch the final print version onto amazon :-)...................

well 1st point is a tough one and debatable until cows come home and sun looses all its fusion fuel..

yes ...2nd point is useful to educate the reader and we should put as much published books/manuscripts/blogs  on that subject  and this is ideal folder as you have already done a book on it..

As far as 3rd point is concerned.,  may be you need to add more material and also rearrange a bit of what you written..  for e,g.. on that last subject of your booklet....  THREE QUESTIONS ..  put those questions together right on top

Q1.   How can you know for sure if Muhammad was a real Prophet sent by God ?

Q2.  When Muhammad told his followers to perform Jihad, did he mean anon violent spiritual struggle as some Muslims point out ?

Q3.  Could it be that the rulers who came after Muhammad reinterpreted the word Jihad as waronly for their own selfish gain and to motivate the Muslim armies ?

and then write/discuss about them.. same thing goes to your  Seven   Moral Maxims  of Islam.  Right on the first page ..  they should look like 7 Quran verses  ..  and then  write each one as chapter..  that is just a suggestion  dear al khidr ..

And....... and may i ask you a dumb question?  Are you from Pakistan/ Pakistani background living in some other country?  ..  on the way let me add some links..

Reply #9 - June 11, 2018, 03:23 PM

Hi yeezevee,
    The title is not Seven Moral Maxims of Islam

It is 7 maxims for Moderate Muslims

I am aware that the 7 Maxims are not Islamic according to traditional interpretation !!!!!

I am not here to teach or to reinterpret Islam but to show that there is an alternative and better ideological  approach to life which I recommend to Moderate Muslims or which I as a Moderate Muslim follow.

I do not want to use quran verses as I am ushering people away from authority of quran.

I need to make it clear that the last few pages of the book are only descriptions of other books of mine. Three Questions is a separate book and the questions you have listed are not actually the three questions. I need to make this clear. Perhaps provide links to where they can get the full books from. Thanks for your feedback on the structure of the book.

Did you look at the 7 maxims themself ? Are they clear ? Are they Relevant ? Are they Useful for a Moderate Muslim to be free from Guilt and Fear ?

Thanks,
    Al Khidr.

Reply #10 - June 20, 2018, 07:31 AM

Is the pdf download working for everyone? The Book image I posted above is not showing anymore to me …

Reply #11 - June 22, 2018, 11:56 AM

I see the image, but not the pdf.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #12 - July 18, 2018, 08:56 AM

Please share your feedback if you are able todownload it or not

Thanks,

Al Khidr

Reply #13 - July 18, 2018, 09:43 PM

Please share your feedback if you are able todownload it or not

Thanks,

Al Khidr

Hello   Al.,  hello Khidr...  your link works.. I downloaded that little booklet  and I am reading every page of that 43 pages  on

.............Freedom
     .............Fearlessness
     .............Intelligence
     .............Independence.
     .............Unity
     .............Non Violence
     .............Women's Empowerment

other booklets of  Al Khidr
    .............Original Quran
     .............Freedom from Jihad
     .............Qibla Conspiracy
     .............Three Questions

and and I am puling my hair to understand   WHO ACTUALLY  ORIGINAL MUHAMMAD PROPHET OF ISLAM WAS...

anyways so where are the other 4 booklets  Al Khidr?

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #14 - July 29, 2018, 05:03 AM

Hi Yeezevee,
    Thanks for your replies,
    I was waiting for comments before publishing my book, I have incorporated your suggestions and published the "7 Maxims for Moderate Muslims" on Amazon
    Thanks for asking about my other books,
    I have updated the links to all the books in the footer of my site FreedomFromJihad.com
    Please share if you have any feedback or questions,
    Thanks,
    Al Khidr.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »