Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: ''Exmuslims left Islam because they didn’t fully understand Islam“

(Read 2804 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • ''Exmuslims left Islam because they didn’t fully understand Islam“
     OP - June 27, 2018, 04:50 PM

This common trope is repeated by believers to try and fool themselves into thinking that it’s not Islam and it’s texts that are the actual problem but an exmuslims understanding of Islam. The vast majority of exmuslims have looked at Islam in depth and realized it’s all made up nonsense and that it’s texts contain a lot of violence, misogyny and homophobia that could in no way come from a moral god.
    It’s knowing more about Islam or any religion that gives you more reasons to leave it. Worldwide research shows that atheists who have left religion know a lot more about the religion they have left than people who identify as followers. Most of the Muslims I know have not even ever read the Quran in a language they understand. Many people who pray just to follow tradition, don’t even understand the words they are uttering.
  • ''Exmuslims left Islam because they didn’t fully understand Islam“
     Reply #1 - June 27, 2018, 06:28 PM

^ I wouldn't go as far as to say that ex-Muslims understand Islam but Muslims don't (Dunning-Kruger effect at work?). Because there is no "true" Islam, or no one has a monopoly on Islam.

But yes, you do have a point that many Muslims are not aware that there is morally questionable content in the Qur'an, Sahih Bukhari, and Sahih Muslim.

It's annoying how Muslims ask ex-Muslims to justify their leaving Islam, yet they don't ask converts to justify their entering Islam.  They're okay with converts' lack of knowledge of Islamic texts or Islamic practices. It would be ideal if Muslims treated conversion to Islam like Jews treat conversion to Judaism.

Veedu Vidz's video "Leaving Islam VS Joining Islam" and Mufti Abu Layth's video "Apostasy has NO punishment in Islam" already articulated my thoughts on this better than I could.

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »