Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: What's Your Personality Type?

(Read 3295 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • What's Your Personality Type?
     OP - May 20, 2018, 05:56 PM

Hey Everyone!

Not posted on here for absolutely years!! Been busy working away on my business, travelling and enjoying life. But always fascinating to come back on here and to read some of the posts, and to see the community grow. 

I know there is an old thread on this, but I am very curious at to what everyones personality type is?

You can check here: https://www.16personalities.com/

I am going to guess that the vast majority of us who question and leave Islam are intuitives. Yes, that's partly becomes intuitives are more likely to be on a forum discussing life instead of living it. But moreso because intuitives are more likely to question in the first place! The vast majority of sensors may not have a mind that ever wanders far away from the current realities of life.

I'm an ENTJ. I discovered this not too long ago. And a lot of my life decisions are now starting to make sense to me. Most of the online descriptions are very accurate. I'm a blend of liberal and conservative thinking. I hold very strong principles but value freedom and independence. An undercover geek who is persuasive and charismatic to the outside world. This has helped me tremendously in the business world.

It's funny as I just reread my intro post on here in 2014, and it looks I used a lot of ENTJ buzzwords!

So very curious, what are you?
     Reply #1 - May 20, 2018, 06:45 PM

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/bjv8y5/the-myers-briggs-personality-test-bullshit

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #2 - June 02, 2018, 01:08 PM

I'm sure they're bullshit, but definitely not the ones that help you choose your starter pokemon, or sort you into a wizarding house. I swear by the efficacy of those paragons of science.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #3 - October 01, 2018, 11:52 PM

I see this thread did not get any traction. Shame.

The MBTI test may not be accurate, but that's because people don't know themselves well and those who are highly neurotic (or moody let's say) are likely to answer differently depending on the day and how they feel. That does not discount the underlying research that underpins the test.

Over the months I've had the opportunity to look more into psychometrics, personalty, psychology (everything from Jung, MBTI, enneagrams, and even the big 5). Interestingly there are huge correlations between enneagram type, MBTI (let's call it that for now) and the big 5.

The MBTI test was based on Jung's work, and he was an incredibly smart man. If you look into all this properly, there is a lot of truth to it. I've observed it in real life (being a business owner too), and everyone I know who has done that test (I've made many do it) have had near accurate fits. It's not 100% true, but it's certainly got truth it.

I'm absolutely certain that the vast majority of you on here are intuitives. That's because intuitives are less likely to accept the status quote and fit in with society, less likely to live in the moment, and are more likely to ponder, connect the dots, reflect and even dream.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that. I'd encourage some of you to do the test and post on here. Surprised this got no traction.

I'm guessing a few INTJs, ENTJS, INFJS, INTPs lurk on this Forum Wink
     Reply #4 - February 02, 2020, 12:54 AM

I gave it go and got INTP. The analysis blurb seems on the money but I'm not sure personality type correlates strongly with religious status.
     Reply #5 - February 02, 2020, 12:48 PM

looks like this question was explored already:

https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=7252.msg180065#msg180065
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »