Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: My ordeal with the quran - was the author really a scholar?

(Read 7625 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • My ordeal with the quran - was the author really a scholar?
     OP - April 10, 2018, 06:36 PM

Hey everyone! I'm new here, but I looked into this forum very often since a long time. Smiley
    Before I ask my question I wanted to introduce myself: I'm a girl from germany who came in contact with islam and I nearly converted out of fear, at first because of the so called scientific and mathematical miracles (in which I don't believe anymore, even if the math thing is weird lol) and then because of apologists like andalusian project, mohammed ghilan and so on. But I think I'm improving and my fear is decreasing... Smiley

Now my question:
    I thought that reading the book 'my ordeal with the quran' may help me to overcome my fear, but when i googled it, I saw a comment on reddit (exmuslim) about it:
    It was this:

"Abbas abdul noor has been exposed by several scholars as well as a famous Egyptian defender of Islam Dr. Ibrahim Awad, he is a professor of Arabic Literary Criticism, here is the link of his website, but it is in arabic here (awad.phpnet.us/ index.htm).

The man in question supposedly authored the book "me7naty ma3 el Quran" translation "My trouble with the Quran."

Dr. Ibrahim has great knwoledge of the tactics of missionaries and fabricated books that attempt to attack Islam. A few of the points that I recall briefly that he had identified about the man and his book are;

1) Abbas abdul noor, the name abdul noor(a common name they refer to Jesus(pbuh) with) is common amongst christian coptics not muslims.

2) He claims he was born in damanhour a city in egypt and that he was a famous professor of Islamic philosophy, yet according to Dr. Ibrahim Awad's knowledge no such individual exists, else he would be extremely famous and well known

3) The book contains several linguistic usages that are common in lebanese publishing companies, not egyptian as the book claims.

4) The author in several occasions quotes the christian gospels(in a positive way) to make sarcastic comments about destiny and Qadar.

Nice try..."

What are you thinking about it? Do you think it could be a 'fake' like he said? I didn't find any other notes on this book by muslims, and I didn't find anything from Dr. Ibrahim Avad...

I'm really sorry if it isn't this important and making an own thread for this was unnecessary. You can delete it if you want! Smiley

Also I wanted to ask another question about a claim from muslims with makes me worried. Can you help me and tell me where I can post it and if I should bother anyone with this? I'm really not sure. :(

Thanks for reading this!
    Greetings!
     Reply #1 - April 10, 2018, 06:36 PM

And sorry for bothering you with my bad english and this dumb question... :(
     Reply #2 - April 10, 2018, 07:34 PM

very welcome trolah i just tried to open your internet link its not working and as long as your questions are concerned there are many apostates ex muslims have written books and things over internet you could find it helpful theres one on youtube called the masked arab its really good check it out
     Reply #3 - April 10, 2018, 08:23 PM

If you have Facebook there's a discussion group for this book on there. Just key in the title.
     Reply #4 - April 10, 2018, 11:22 PM

German Girl (GG) asks something  and  Suki  gives some link   and ..and Aftab sends send German Girl to you tubes   ..   I don't think I read the answers  in their posts to these questions of   GG .. I ASK THEM
     WHY?....WHY?  finmad     I  demand answers from  THEM for these questions of GG   finmad

Hey ............: I'm a girl from germany who came in contact with islam and I nearly converted out of fear, at first because of the so called scientific and mathematical miracles ...................

Now my question:

"Abbas abdul noor has been exposed by several scholars
    as well as a famous Egyptian defender of Islam Dr. Ibrahim Awad, he is a professor of Arabic Literary Criticism, here is the link of his website, but it is in arabic here (awad.phpnet.us/ index.htm).

The man in question supposedly authored the book "me7naty ma3 el Quran" translation "My trouble with the Quran."

Dr. Ibrahim has great knwoledge of the tactics of missionaries and fabricated books that attempt to attack Islam. A few of the points that I recall briefly that he had identified about the man and his book are;

1) Abbas abdul noor, the name abdul noor(a common name they refer to Jesus(pbuh) with) is common amongst christian coptics not muslims.

2) He claims he was born in damanhour a city in egypt and that he was a famous professor of Islamic philosophy, yet according to Dr. Ibrahim Awad's knowledge no such individual exists, else he would be extremely famous and well known

3) The book contains several linguistic usages that are common in lebanese publishing companies, not egyptian as the book claims.

4) The author in several occasions quotes the christian gospels(in a positive way) to make sarcastic comments about destiny and Qadar.

Nice try..."

What are you thinking about it? Do you think it could be a 'fake' like he said? I didn't find any other notes on this book by muslims, and I didn't find anything from Dr. Ibrahim Avad...

I'm really sorry if it isn't this important and making an own thread for this was unnecessary. You can delete it if you want! :)

Also I wanted to ask another question about a claim from muslims with makes me worried. Can you help me and tell me where I can post it and if I should bother anyone with this? I'm really not sure. :(

Thanks for reading this!
    Greetings!

Helloooooo  GG I  can answer all of your questions on that book and on that   Abbas abdul noor  before that my question to you is  about your fear,,, Why?   why fear??

Why  fear Islam and convert in to Islam GG??

Why not use love for Islam and covert in to Islam dear GG??

"what is the their name  GG...SUKI ...NOOR ..   HASAN..   Hassani ..  ......Rose ??    

A  rose is  a rose whatever name you call..."

'with best wishes  to  you three
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #5 - April 10, 2018, 11:57 PM

very welcome trolah i just tried to open your internet link its not working and as long as your questions are concerned there are many apostates ex muslims have written books and things over internet you could find it helpful theres one on youtube called the masked arab its really good check it out

Yeah I think it is an old link...  :(
    I already watched TMA's videos, but thank you! Smiley

If you have Facebook there's a discussion group for this book on there. Just key in the title.

I will, thanks!!

Reply #6 - April 11, 2018, 12:04 AM

German Girl (GG) asks something  and  Suki  gives some link   and ..and Aftab sends send German Girl to you tubes   ..   I don't think I read the answers  in their posts to these questions of   GG .. I ASK THEM
     WHY?....WHY?  finmad     I  demand answers from  THEM for these questions of GG   finmad
     Helloooooo  GG I  can answer all of your questions on that book and on that   Abbas abdul noor  before that my question to you is  about your fear,,, Why?   why fear??

"what is the their name  GG...SUKI ...NOOR ..   HASAN..   Hassani ..  ......Rose ??    

yeezevee

Well that is hard to explain. I really hate the concept of islam and the concept of the islamic god. I can't believe in a good god who will torture disbelievers forever in hell. That won't go in my head. It's not that I hate islam and its rules - i think it is not bad as everyone, especially in my country, thinks. But the whole concept of heaven and hell, of god testing us despite beeing omniscient, it doesn't make any sense to me. I think it is cruel.
    That's why I somehow fear/feared, that islam might be true - I know it sounds really dumb - but it would destroy everything I believe in life...
    I hope you understand what I mean. Smiley
     Reply #7 - April 11, 2018, 10:33 AM

Thanks for reading this!
    Greetings!

Greetings and welcome to the forum Trolah!  bunny Please feel free to post all such queries, it's precisely what this forum is for!

Unfortunately I am not at all fluent in Arabic, so I can't help in debunking the issue with regards to My ordeal with the Quran. However, as far as any mathematical or scientific miracles are concerned, that's definitely something which has been debunked in the past. I'd be interested in hearing the claim from Muslims which has you worried, as well as why you find the math thing weird.

In general I would say that scare tactics, emotional exploitation, and outright lying are huge tools of dawahgandists, apologists, and the like. To them this is simply a game to spread the deen by hook or crook so that Allah will give them points towards Jannah. Intellectual honesty doesn't play into it. I hope you can recognize this perspective the next time one of their claims puts you ill at ease.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #8 - April 11, 2018, 10:41 AM

That's why I somehow fear/feared, that islam might be true - I know it sounds really dumb - but it would destroy everything I believe in life...

It's not Islam, or Allah which gives you that fear. It's the Muslim apologists you interact with which would do everything they can to sow and reinforce such a fear. Its a very common tactic, and especially aimed at the emotionally vulnerable.

What do you fear would be destroyed in your life? It seems to me that you have some sort of attachment which makes you feel vulnerable.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #9 - April 11, 2018, 02:03 PM

well   Trolah  girl  Trolah  German girl  TGG....  You are  confusing me.,  you are making me to ask more  questions by responding to my questions ..Well  my life is full questions and question marks.. so  I ask questions..  let me start from the end of your post ..

Huh? no  sorry I don't ...  but  now  I  am confused
    Well that is hard to explain. I really hate the concept of islam and the concept of the islamic god. I can't believe in a good god who will torture disbelievers forever in hell. That won't go in my head. It's not that I hate islam and its rules - i think it is not bad as everyone, especially in my country, thinks.

1). What  is the concept of Islam dear GG??  and  how different is Islamic God from other gods of other faiths?? let us compare Islamic god  any other faith god..
    But the whole concept of heaven and hell, of god testing us despite being omniscient, it doesn't make any sense to me. I think it is cruel.

But this concept  hell and heaven was already  there  before Islam .,  I  say  writers  of  so called  Islamic scriptures just  copy/pasted and added bit of their own imaginative silly story in to it .,    Am I wrong saying that?

for  me concept of god   from any faith and every faith  does not make sense .    Well Islam is true or not.,   you have to work at it and prove until  all questions are answered.  You must keep the option to question it.      I  can  assure you that  this god testing  or god omniscient or  god scent  that faith heads smell are all ABSOLUTE NONSENSE  

And  I  can  prove that innumerable way from just daily news  across the globe    

well let me watch these videos    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op0kJ0N0p0M    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuPsxFklxaw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPOfurmrjxo

Reply #10 - April 12, 2018, 11:05 PM

Hi, I translated the book. Despite the claim above - no-one has been able to positively identify the author. Abbas Abdul Noor is without doubt a pen name and not his real name. He may well not be Egyptian. He has obviously hidden his identity for obvious reasons.

As for being a Christian, that seems very unlikely since he heavily criticises Christianity in the book.

The book can be judged by what it says.

I am in no doubt the author is a Muslim and highly educated as well as deeply knowledgeable as regards Islam. The observations and points he makes are excellent.
     Reply #11 - April 13, 2018, 08:17 PM

yeezevee

Not sure what this meant lol.. but greetings to you also Yeeze   far away hug   xx
     Reply #12 - April 14, 2018, 03:15 PM

Not sure what this meant lol.. but greetings to you also Yeeze   far away hug   xx

but  I am sure   dear suki.,  greetings from my well wishers means to me a lot and gives  me  immense power to live  life ....  

So  I wonder about Hassan said and on the fear of   Trolah  German girl   TGG

Hassan says

.........As for being a Christian, that seems very unlikely since he heavily criticises Christianity in the book..............

Irrespective  of the faith of  the person., and it doesn't matter   whether one is   jewish., christian, hindu,  sikh,  buddhist....atheist (as  faith head)  ... his/her language...his/her culture....... color  etc..etc.. " Any one who criticizes Quran will  criticize  the other religious books, other  faiths and faith heads "

If S/He  is incapable of doing that means that  S/He  is living in hypocrisy  ..  So   Abbas Abdul Noor  may be christian  ..So what??

and dear German Girl...  dear TGG  what is the fear?? why fear  about Islam?

You know in  my Islam.,  IT IS NOT BOOK...IT IS NOT RITUALS.. IT IS NOT POLITICS.,

..... It  is  just  inquiring.....  
    .....the process of inquiring.....  
     ......"la ilaha illallah" ..........
    .........That is Islam..........
    ........and nothing else.........

And my good wishes to you all
    yeezevee

Reply #13 - April 16, 2018, 08:27 PM

Greetings and welcome to the forum Trolah!  bunny Please feel free to post all such queries, it's precisely what this forum is for!

Unfortunately I am not at all fluent in Arabic, so I can't help in debunking the issue with regards to My ordeal with the Quran. However, as far as any mathematical or scientific miracles are concerned, that's definitely something which has been debunked in the past. I'd be interested in hearing the claim from Muslims which has you worried, as well as why you find the math thing weird.

In general I would say that scare tactics, emotional exploitation, and outright lying are huge tools of dawahgandists, apologists, and the like. To them this is simply a game to spread the deen by hook or crook so that Allah will give them points towards Jannah. Intellectual honesty doesn't play into it. I hope you can recognize this perspective the next time one of their claims puts you ill at ease.

Thank you very much!
    About the math thing: I did 'study' (lol) this a long time, and I know most of them are cherry picking (quantity of days, words, the even-odd-thing, etc) but I often think: Hmmm, but a few of them are right and there is no cherry pickig.. could it be coincidents... or not? I don't now, I am too naive. I even needed a long time to 'debunk' the 19 miracle, but I even found a book by bilal phillips where he debunks this so I think I can trust him with this.... Cheesy

I guess you are right. Thank you. I'm really sorry that I am that naive, haha...

It's not Islam, or Allah which gives you that fear. It's the Muslim apologists you interact with which would do everything they can to sow and reinforce such a fear. Its a very common tactic, and especially aimed at the emotionally vulnerable.

What do you fear would be destroyed in your life? It seems to me that you have some sort of attachment which makes you feel vulnerable.

You are also right on that. I always see very educated and intelligent muslim apologists who are doing dawah (not the ones like dawah man, and ali dawah, but the ones I mentioned), and I think that concerns me a little bit. (My self confidence is quite low and I'm very submissive to authority, that is my problem.)

well   Trolah  girl  Trolah  German girl  TGG....  You are  confusing me.,  you are making me to ask more  questions by responding to my questions ..Well  my life is full questions and question marks.. so  I ask questions..  let me start from the end of your post ..    
     Huh? no  sorry I don't ...  but  now  I  am confused  

1). What  is the concept of Islam dear GG??  and  how different is Islamic God from other gods of other faiths?? let us compare Islamic god  any other faith god..     But this concept  hell and heaven was already  there  before Islam .,  I  say  writers  of  so called  Islamic scriptures just  copy/pasted and added bit of their own imaginative silly story in to it .,    Am I wrong saying that?

for  me concept of god   from any faith and every faith  does not make sense .    Well Islam is true or not.,   you have to work at it and prove until  all questions are answered.  You must keep the option to question it.      I  can  assure you that  this god testing  or god omniscient or  god scent  that faith heads smell are all ABSOLUTE NONSENSE  

And  I  can  prove that innumerable way from just daily news  across the globe    

well let me watch these videos    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op0kJ0N0p0M    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuPsxFklxaw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPOfurmrjxo

Well I don't know how I could answer haha..
    Yeah I know other faiths also have the heaven and hell concept, and I don't like any of these religions.

Thanks for your answer on the 'god is testing us' thing. I also think it sounds like nonsense...
     Reply #14 - April 16, 2018, 08:31 PM

Hi, I translated the book. Despite the claim above - no-one has been able to positively identify the author. Abbas Abdul Noor is without doubt a pen name and not his real name. He may well not be Egyptian. He has obviously hidden his identity for obvious reasons.

As for being a Christian, that seems very unlikely since he heavily criticises Christianity in the book.

The book can be judged by what it says.

I am in no doubt the author is a Muslim and highly educated as well as deeply knowledgeable as regards Islam. The observations and points he makes are excellent.

Thank you very much for your comment on this! Smiley
    I think this is the answer I was searching for!
     thnkyu
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »