Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Shiva worshippers recognised as official religion

(Read 3817 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Shiva worshippers recognised as official religion
     OP - March 31, 2018, 08:51 AM

https://qz.com/1232399/siddaramaiah-vs-yeddyurappa-karnataka-gives-lingayats-and-veerashaivas-the-status-of-a-religion/amp/
    The government of the southern Indian state of Karnataka dropped a socio-political bombshell on March 19. It recognised the Lingayats, an over 11 million-strong community of lord Shiva worshippers, as constituting a religion distinct from Hinduism...

Reply #1 - March 31, 2018, 08:56 AM

Making sense of the Lingayat vs Veerashaiva debate
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jWDkhICon74
    Why was Gauri Lankesh killed?
     Reply #2 - March 31, 2018, 09:23 PM

Interesting.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #3 - April 01, 2018, 12:59 AM

zeca  puts some links  around the word Shiva and  QSE  says Interesting.

what is so interesting  in   that  news "from that  LAND OF SNAKES" dear QSE  ..??

let me tell you and the readers  about the word   "Shiva " and how  languages,  faiths  and  human linguistic  sounds migrate through stories and story tellers dear QSE

that word "Shiva "  is very  well known   in oold Persia/Iran  ..all the way to Jewish faith  travelers of  ancient times...

Shiva (Persian: شيوا‎, also Romanized as Shīvā; also known as Shīū)   even today is still a village in Lafmejan Rural District, in the Central District of Lahijan County, Gilan Province, Iran. At the 2006 census, its population was 204, in 68 families.

Shiva Mahbobi (Persian: شیوا محبوبی ) (born 1968) is   a well    Iranian political activist currently residing in the United Kingdom. She is best known as the spokesperson of Campaign to Free Political Prisoners in Iran CFPPI and has campaigned to establish the 20th of June as an International day of action to support political ...

there are many people in Iran that have that name still today.,  Interesting is .,   it is a female name  in Iran and by the time it travels to Indian  subcontinent  it becomes "male name"

And   anyone  who  have Jewish  background  must know  that   Death and Shiva Mourning in Judaism  ...

https://www.shiva.com/learning-center/understanding/
    Judaism provides a structured period of mourning that, depending on your relationship to the deceased, may last up to one year, allowing a mourner to gradually heal by going through different stages of grief. These traditional mourning practices and defined periods of mourning are intended to ensure that in a year's time, the mourner is able to cope with the loss and be prepared to re-engage in his or her normal routines. This section provides a basic overview and understanding of shiva and Jewish mourning.

The first structured period of Jewish mourning, the shiva, begins immediately following the burial and upon departing the cemetery and returning to the mourner’s home. Shiva is a complex period of Jewish mourning comprised of many traditions, customs and rituals that mourners may observe. Below are links to more sections and information about the rituals of shiva and Jewish mourning.

And what is the connection between  People of  Iran .,Jews  of Middle East   all  the way to  Algerian         Berbers  and the  stories  from  LAND OF SNAKES??

well  allah knows the best..

and  my good wishes   to you..
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #4 - April 01, 2018, 01:17 AM

what is so interesting  in   that  news "from that  LAND OF SNAKES" dear QSE  ..??

Hinduism is far better understood as a culture rather than as a religion, in many ways. Hinduism itself is more a way of life than the belief it's true or be tortured forever. The idea that all peoples following all ways (including atheists) are on the same path is traditional in Hindu belief. It's also true that the Hindu god is polymorphic rather than polytheistic, so granting a specific recognition of Shiva, separate from Hinduism as a whole is...interesting.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #5 - April 01, 2018, 01:32 AM

Hinduism is far better understood as a culture rather than as a religion, in many ways. Hinduism itself is more a way of life than the belief it's true or be tortured forever. The idea that all peoples following all ways (including atheists) are on the same path is traditional in Hindu belief. It's also true that the Hindu god is polymorphic rather than polytheistic, so granting a specific recognition of Shiva, separate from Hinduism as a whole is...interesting.

well  that is a different subject all together dear QSE.. if we carefully look in to  the questions like...

what  is culture?  
    what is faith ?
    and what  is religion?
    and how they evolve with time & human migration?

what we will find is "EVERYTHING IN HUMAN SOCIAL STRUCTURES/GROUPS  IS RELATED TO  GROUP CULTURE/GROUP WAY OF LIFE."

So indeed  faiths/religions are born  from  way of life....   Now I have to give it to  Hindus or  Indian  pagan faith followers..   They indeed have freedom to  choose/follow   any group    or religious culture /customs/ rituals from any part of the globe  or   make up something new all together different from the existing ones..and that is the "BEAUTY"  in the polytheistic  faith followers .. they have freedom to choose  ..to question and to evolve

Reply #6 - April 01, 2018, 01:44 AM

Is hinduism pagan?

Reply #7 - April 01, 2018, 01:51 AM

Is hinduism pagan?

good question  to  answer dear QSE

How do we define those two words? "Hinduism"and "Paganism"??  and who  coined the  word "Hindus/Hinduism"Huh?

Reply #8 - April 01, 2018, 03:23 AM

Pagan describes nature worshipping religions, as far as I'm aware. I'm not sure hinduism qualifies.

Reply #9 - April 01, 2018, 03:33 AM

Pagan describes nature worshiping religions, as far as I'm aware. I'm not sure hinduism qualifies.

Oh !    if there is any faith that became religion on the basis  of    worshiping   nature    then that is Hinduism... 

they worship and have rituals to  every  living  and  non-living  structures

Reply #10 - April 01, 2018, 03:37 AM

The vast majority of religions, historically, are nature worshipping.

Reply #11 - April 01, 2018, 09:59 AM

let me change few words   Cheesy Cheesy
    The vast majority of   All  religions, historically, are nature worshiping.

there is no doubt about that

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »