Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Sharia vs crime rates

(Read 3541 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Sharia vs crime rates
     OP - March 29, 2018, 09:50 AM

I was curious about the crime rates in countries that have Sharia implemented versus non-religious countries. I looked at the countries with the lowest crime rates and found that there was almost no difference between for example, murder rates while all other crime rates there is a massive difference. I would find the Nordic countries having among the lowest murder rates in the world, some have even lower than even Saudi Arabia (often touted as an example of a "crime free" country) yet thefts and rapes in Nordic countries are high which has me suspicious.

I understand that the heavy stigmatisation of female victims AND the lowered exposure to men would account for some of the lower reported rape rates in Saudi Arabia for example, but what about thefts? Is there some massaging of data going on and if so how do I demonstrate/prove it?

It seems very suspicious to me that countries with Sharia have no better murder rates than secular nations yet have such low reported theft/rape in comparison. Why the disparity?
  • Sharia vs crime rates
     Reply #1 - April 09, 2018, 09:42 AM

Anybody?
  • Sharia vs crime rates
     Reply #2 - April 09, 2018, 08:57 PM

I was curious about the crime rates in countries that have Sharia implemented versus non-religious countries. I looked at the countries with the lowest crime rates and found that there was almost no difference between for example, murder rates while all other crime rates there is a massive difference. I would find the Nordic countries having among the lowest murder rates in the world, some have even lower than even Saudi Arabia (often touted as an example of a "crime free" country) yet thefts and rapes in Nordic countries are high which has me suspicious.

Tonks  well  when  you  write such statements  you  must give  links and statistical information on it..

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Violent-crime/Murder-rate-per-million-people

https://www.unodc.org/documents/data-and-analysis/Crime-statistics/International_Statistics_on_Crime_and_Justice.pdf

I understand that the heavy stigmatisation of female victims AND the lowered exposure to men would account for some of the lower reported rape rates in Saudi Arabia for example, but what about thefts? Is there some massaging of data going on and if so how do I demonstrate/prove it?

no  .. no massaging data  ...  Forget   massaging,.  Sand land  govt does not know  how to read the data ,,

It seems very suspicious to me that countries with Sharia have no better murder rates than secular nations yet have such low reported theft/rape in comparison. Why the disparity?

Hmm  that proves Sharia   laws   "LAWS   FOR POOR FOLKS"  work for theft but does not work  murders..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Sharia vs crime rates
     Reply #3 - April 13, 2018, 01:15 PM

Why would it work for thefts and not murders? Does it have to do with the impulsivity or emotional angel where murders are not done with forethought vs theft?
  • Sharia vs crime rates
     Reply #4 - April 13, 2018, 01:29 PM

Why would it work for thefts and not murders? Does it have to do with the impulsivity or emotional angel where murders are not done with forethought vs theft?

Tonks  let me highlight  what I said

Tonks  ................. Sharia   laws  are for "LAWS   FOR POOR FOLKS"  work for theft but does not work  murders..

because  poor folks may steal  if they  are in need of some thing  So  Sharia  laws apply  to  them.,,   your point also has some truth in it    

that impulsive or emotional angel  murders done by poor folks  also gets  them punishment  but again that is for poor ..rich will escape by paying that blood money..  

but your statement    needs   the  crime- punishment  statistics in  the countries that  have Sharia laws,,     

• Sharia vs crime rates
     Reply #5 - April 13, 2018, 01:51 PM

well  the  list of sharia punishments in the above post is  superficial  ..  let me give detailed links

1). Sharia: A Practical Guide   by Ruqaiyyah Waris Maqsood

2).  Understanding Islamic Law  SHAYKH MUHAMMAD HISHAM KABBANI       

3). Islaamic Sharia Law  Based on Quraan, Sunnah and Ijtihaad 500 pages  pdf book

• Sharia vs crime rates
     Reply #6 - April 15, 2018, 09:39 AM

But Yeez I only have so much time to go through 500 pages! But some of the stats I am looking for are hard for me to find as I am not familiar with the countries and don't have a much info to address or demonstrate data fudging.
  • Sharia vs crime rates
     Reply #7 - April 15, 2018, 12:58 PM

But Yeez I only have so much time to go through 500 pages!

lol....... Tonks that is a fact  and that is true to all human beings

Life  is short
    Life  has no time
    Life is hard
    And then we die  
    We All die    
     Cheesy Cheesy

That is indeed a fact  but  Tonks  the problem  comes from your words
    ................I would find the Nordic countries having among the lowest murder rates in the world, some have even lower than even Saudi Arabia (often touted as an example of a "crime free" country) yet thefts and rapes in Nordic countries are high which has me suspicious. ..........

................But some of the stats I am looking for are hard for me to find as I am not familiar with the countries and don't have a much info to address or demonstrate data fudging.

see  that......

"you  do not have time to search for statistics,   you   do not have time to read.,  you are not  familiar with the countries  and and  you  don't have a much information  to address or demonstrate  whether the  data is  fudged or not "  

yet  you  are willing to say.....

"I would find the Nordic countries having among the lowest murder rates in the world, some have even lower than even Saudi Arabia (often touted as an example of a "crime free" country) yet thefts and rapes in Nordic countries are high which has me suspicious."  

.....I am just  kidding Tonks   ...   you do have a point there

with best wishes
    yeezevee

• Sharia vs crime rates
     Reply #8 - April 15, 2018, 07:47 PM

I'm only familiar with Nordic countries and I can trust their data but when it comes to middle Eastern countries it's a whole different ball game.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »