Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The living dead

(Read 3104 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The living dead
     OP - March 26, 2018, 07:51 AM

How difficult it was to live a life when one is hiding with her own identity. Pretending to be what you’re not merely because you are afraid to lose your loved ones. Because you’re afraid of The honour of the family. Because you’re afraid of your own life.
    I never came across a term called “Exmuslim”. I had always thought that being born in a Muslim family will always be my destiny no matter wherever I go. No matter how many questions remains unanswered, no matter how many things do not make sense to my common sense. I had always been doing what my family wanted and asked me to do.

Until I came in London and my research expanded and I found that there is a hope. I can get rid of this heavy metal shackle of religion and live my life freely. I discovered that I always wanted to be a free thinker.

I critisice Islam because it ruined my life since childhood. And the points I talk about / blog about is all mentioned in the scripture. I don’t make it up but just argue on the facts which are then from the life of Muhammad and his family. Quran has its own so many contradictions that are hard to digest.

I’m happy to live my life as an apostate and athiest than to be a fake Muslim.
  • The living dead
     Reply #1 - March 26, 2018, 10:04 PM

Hi Kubra,

Are you openly atheist? How did the talk with your family go? My biggest fear is losing my family if I come out as an atheist. Would love to hear your experience.
  • The living dead
     Reply #2 - March 27, 2018, 02:22 AM

Hey, come on, dissing heavy metal? https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=17275.0

https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=25431.0

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • The living dead
     Reply #3 - March 28, 2018, 03:52 PM

Hi Kubra,

Are you openly atheist? How did the talk with your family go? My biggest fear is losing my family if I come out as an atheist. Would love to hear your experience.

Hello Akki,

Yes, I’m openly an exmuslim, apostate and an athiest. I was also afraid of losing my family. But losing the family is better than losing the self esteem and your own dignity.
    They were the first people whom I expected to support me but for them, I was merely an insane. Therefore, I prioritised my freedom of expression and my choice of living the life according the way I want to. It was difficult in the beginning but I’m much used to it now. And I’m at peace as I don’t need to pretend. Smiley

• The living dead
     Reply #4 - March 28, 2018, 09:38 PM

That is really brave! Respect!

I know my family will abandon me if I come out as an atheist, as I used to be a fundamentalist muslim myself and understand their way of thinking. I would have done the same when I used to be a religious brainwashed person. I do love my family a lot, I have moved to a different city so that I can have my freedom while maintaining a relationship with my family.

However, my parents want me to get married soon and are looking for a muslim girl from Pakistan for me... They have made it clear that I don't get a say in the decision-making process... lol

I thought I could be free and have my own life without breaking my parent's heart but it seems to be inevitable. I often get nightmares of the day I come out to my family as an atheist, just thinking about it gives me shivers.

Thanks for your reply! It means a lot, hope I can have the same courage as you one day.
  • The living dead
     Reply #5 - May 16, 2018, 09:35 PM

Hi Kubra, welcome to the forum  parrot

Do you still have contact to your family, or do they think you are insane?
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »