Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Maya., The Daughter of Hamas Sheikh Tells Her Life Story

(Read 5006 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Maya., The Daughter of Hamas Sheikh Tells Her Life Story
     OP - March 25, 2018, 10:42 AM

Maya., The Daughter of Hamas Sheikh Tells Her Life Story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLmIeEnjJnA

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1 - March 25, 2018, 12:13 PM

I'm very conflicted about this ._.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #2 - March 25, 2018, 12:23 PM

I'm very conflicted about this ._.  

hi  Cornflower .... i  didn't  watch that video in its entirety     but  when you say  very conflicted about this  ..

does it mean  she is not telling truth?  ...or..
    she is doing  it for personal fame??   ..or..
    or  she  is  used by  politics  and political agents ?  or? ..or other reasons?

Reply #3 - March 25, 2018, 12:32 PM

Why post up a video from a racist and fundamentalist group like Yad L’Achim?

https://972mag.com/tag/yad-lachim/
     Reply #4 - March 25, 2018, 12:42 PM

Why post up a video from a racist and fundamentalist group like Yad L’Achim?

https://972mag.com/tag/yad-lachim/

same  questions to you dear zeca..

does it mean  she is not telling truth?  ...or..
    she is doing  it for personal fame??   ..or..
    or  she  is  used by  politics  and political agents ?  or? ..or other reasons?
    Or did she join racists and become a racist herself?

Reply #5 - March 25, 2018, 12:59 PM

I  know you read the questions........., .....guys  i would greatly appreciate answers to those questions...  please answer me...

Reply #6 - March 25, 2018, 05:22 PM

First of all, even though there are clearly cultural and religious problems amongst Arabs in Palestine/Israel, the speaker mentions none of the same issues found among religious and conservative/orthodox Jews. Which she represents nonetheless, if I'm not wrong. The reason why I'm conflicted is that yes, we should stand up against abuse and domestic violence, child marriages and other misogynist och sexist practices. But this is coming from a lady that is orthodox Jew (from what I can see and understand) and thus part of a religious system herself that perpetrates the very same problems, but in a different form.

Second of all, the speech issues, although in principal important to bring up (Arab racism against Jews, treatment of non-Arab/Muslim women as well as Muslim/Arab women), it is so rapped up in blatant racism that the issue is completely over-shadowed. I am conflicted because yes, there is a problem how certain groups of Arab/Muslim men view non-Arabs och non-Muslims. Especially Jewish women in Israel (because that is the issue at hand). But she is perpetrating harmful stereotypes that she then uses to generalizes an entire ethnic and religious group, as if they were intrinsically that way. Born that way. Genetically like that. That is racist. Arabs and Muslims are not hard-wired to be like that. They are not born like that. Just like orthodox Jews aren't born when they treat their own women like trash because of their own religious rulings. Orthodox Judaism is not in any way better than conservative and traditional Islam.

This is why I am conflicted. I am not doubting her story. Why would I, any more than I would doubt or be sceptical of of someone's life story. I am not even doubting her reasons for doing her work. I understand why she is doing it. I am conflicted because a real and important issue is over-shadowed by racism, over-generalizations, and hipocricy.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #7 - March 27, 2018, 01:09 PM

thank  you  Cornflower  that is  loaded post with different points and different issues .,  I will dissect  it and   i  hope other  readers will give their input on that video .,   But here   let me highlight  some words of your post  and  add  some information relevant to  this subject and make your post as  discussion points  

1) First of all, even though there are clearly cultural and religious problems amongst Arabs in Palestine/Israel, the speaker mentions none of the same issues found among religious and conservative/orthodox Jews. Which she represents nonetheless, if I'm not wrong.

2). The reason why I'm conflicted is that yes, we should stand up against abuse and domestic violence, child marriages and other misogynist och sexist practices. But this is coming from a lady that is orthodox Jew (from what I can see and understand) and thus part of a religious system herself that perpetrates the very same problems, but in a different form.

3).   Second of all, the speech issues, although in principal important to bring up  (Arab racism against Jews, treatment of non-Arab/Muslim women as well as Muslim/Arab women), it is so rapped up in blatant racism that the issue is completely over-shadowed.

4).  I am conflicted because yes, there is a problem how certain groups of Arab/Muslim men view non-Arabs och non-Muslims. Especially Jewish women in Israel (because that is the issue at hand). But she is perpetrating harmful stereotypes that she then uses to generalizes an entire ethnic and religious group, as if they were intrinsically that way. Born that way. Genetically like that. That is racist.

5).  Arabs and Muslims are not hard-wired to be like that. They are not born like that. Just like orthodox Jews aren't born when they treat their own women like trash because of their own religious rulings. Orthodox Judaism is not in any way better than conservative and traditional Islam.

This is why I am conflicted. I am not doubting her story. Why would I, any more than I would doubt or be sceptical of of someone's life story. I am not even doubting her reasons for doing her work. I understand why she is doing it. I am conflicted because a real and important issue is over-shadowed by racism, over-generalizations, and hipocricy.

well  those highlighted words i will  address.. but i wonder whether you are using that word ."RACE" /RACISM very loosely ??   ....  Instead of that , could we use  words like  " religious hatred / religious bigotry "  in some points of your post?  

anyways   .. On this race  /race problems ...  

WHAT DO YOU THINK IS  HER RACE dear Cornflower??

What do we know about Race around the problem of Palestine /Israel ??

Arab race /Arabian Race??  

Arab  Muslim  Race?  what is it??

Arab  Shia  Race(Hamas)  ..Arab Sunni Race  ....... Gaza strip race or west bank race   ...

Arab Christian Race??    what is it??

In that we have  Eastern Orthodoxy race, Oriental Orthodoxy racr, Catholicism  , Anglicanism, Lutheranism ?? Arab Coptic Race??  

Jewish  Race ??  what is it??

Orthodox Jewish race ??  Ashkenazi Jewish race ??     Iranian Jewish race ?? , Iraqi Jewish race ?? , Egyptian Jewish race ?? , Sudanese Jewish race ?? , Tunisian Jewish race ?? , Algerian Jewish race ?? , Moroccan Jewish race ?? , Lebanese Jewish race ?? , Kurdish Jewish race ?? , Libyan Jewish race ?? , Syrian Jewish race ?? ,  Yemenite  Jewish race ??

so dear Cornflower......WHAT JEWISH RACE DOES SHE BELONG??...

any ways  let me add this data here  along with this 100 cemb page folder Pro Israel or Pro Palestine?  ..

So  coming to the present country  Israel ..      

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel

Independence

• Declared  ..............................14 May 1948
    • Admission to UNO  ...........         11 May 1949

And  the  graph  gives info on how  JUICY  JUICE  migrated to that land from different parts  of the globe..
    Three quarters of the population are Jews from a diversity of Jewish backgrounds. Approximately 77% of Israeli Jews are born in Israel, 16% are immigrants from Europe and the Americas, and 7% are immigrants from Asia and Africa (including the Arab world).[291] Jews from Europe and the former Soviet Union and their descendants born in Israel, including Ashkenazi Jews, constitute approximately 50% of Jewish Israelis. Jews who left or fled Arab and Muslim countries and their descendants, including both Mizrahi and Sephardi Jews,[292] form most of the rest of the Jewish population.[293][294][295] Jewish intermarriage rates run at over 35% and recent studies suggest that the percentage of Israelis descended from both Sephardi and Ashkenazi Jews increases by 0.5 percent every year, with over 25% of school children now originating from both communities.[296] Around 4% of Israelis (300,000), ethnically defined as "others", are Russian descendants of Jewish origin or family who are not Jewish according to rabbinical law, but were eligible for Israeli citizenship under the Law of Return.[297][298][299]

The total number of Israeli settlers beyond the Green Line is over 600,000 (≈10% of the Jewish Israeli population).[300] In 2016, 399,300 Israelis lived in West Bank settlements,[301] including those that predated the establishment of the State of Israel and which were re-established after the Six-Day War, in cities such as Hebron and Gush Etzion bloc. In addition to the West Bank settlements, there were more than 200,000 Jews living in East Jerusalem,[302] and 20,000 in the Golan Heights.[301] Approximately 7,800 Israelis lived in settlements in the Gaza Strip, known as Gush Katif, until they were evacuated by the government as part of its 2005 disengagement plan.[303]

That is 2018 JEWISH RACE   So question again is  

What Race  does this lady  belongs to??  

By the way ...  I  fully  understand how RASCALS are exploiting her words...

Reply #8 - March 27, 2018, 05:03 PM

She states pretty clearly what her ethnic background is. Her mother is Jewish and her father is a Palestinian Muslim Arab. The racism in the video is not just directed towards Arabs, but Muslim Arabs in particular. Islamophobia if you care to use that term. I've been to Israel, and even though I was around mainly intelligent and reasonable people who understood the conflict much better than anyone, the blatant phobia and prejudice against Islam and Muslims were something you couldn't escape. Because in all fairness, it's Islams antisemitism than fuels the conflict on the Arab side. On the other hand, as soon as an Arab even suspected I was a Jew, they were very rude and went out of their way to show me their dislike. This lady and her organization might to a wonderful job saving young girls from abuse. But they are part of a social problem that stems from the conflict. And again, that is the reason why I'm conflicted about this entire post.

As for Jews, they come from a diverse ethnic background. What brings them together most often is their shared religious/cultural Jewish identity. And per Jewish tradition, your Jewish-ness is passed down on your mother's side anyway.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »