Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: I'm an ex-muslim in Bangladesh

(Read 3487 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • I'm an ex-muslim in Bangladesh
     OP - March 05, 2018, 07:13 AM

Hi there,
    This is my first post here and I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all. Although I have been an atheist for most of my life, I am only recently trying to network out (prioritizing anonymity and safety of course). I have even started a small close group movement in Dhaka to promote and provide consultations to ex-muslims, atheists or anyone who may feel oppressed by religion (usually in person or in more sever cases of depression, recommend secular psychiatrists that we trust). I am also attempting to start my own podcast in a more active approach to reach out.

Looking for to all future potential discussions.   Smiley
     Reply #1 - March 05, 2018, 11:58 AM

Congratulations on leaving the religion of hate and submission.
     Reply #2 - March 05, 2018, 12:53 PM

Hi there,
    This is my first post here and I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all. Although I have been an atheist for most of my life, I am only recently trying to network out (prioritizing anonymity and safety of course). I have even started a small close group movement in Dhaka to promote and provide consultations to ex-muslims, atheists or anyone who may feel oppressed by religion (usually in person or in more sever cases of depression, recommend secular psychiatrists that we trust). I am also attempting to start my own podcast in a more active approach to reach out.

Looking for to all future potential discussions.   Smiley

That's a very brave thing to do in Bangladesh! I'm amazed at what you've accomplished!
     Reply #3 - March 05, 2018, 05:55 PM

Congratulations on leaving the religion of hate and submission.

Hate and submission pretty much sums it up. I wish i could say that there is more to this religion but there really isn't.
     Reply #4 - March 05, 2018, 06:18 PM

That's a very brave thing to do in Bangladesh! I'm amazed at what you've accomplished!

Thanks. That means a lot to me! That being said, I'm just an anonymous guy using a VPN behind a screen, I highly doubt I qualify as brave. Maybe after witnessing the fate of bloggers and writers has made me cynically associate the concept of bravery with the concept of risk. I apologize for going on such a weird tangent in response to your wonderful post. I think I'm still overcoming my fears and paranoia when it comes to talking about my atheism. I just love my life and maybe that's what make me a bit insecure about it. Once again, I apologize for being so scattered with how I am presenting my thoughts. Thank you and take care!
     Reply #5 - March 05, 2018, 06:59 PM

No need to apologise. I've always hated the word 'brave' too, usually think of myself as a defector. Maybe it's because its been such a negative experience, that we subconsciously connect what we've done with negative words? I don't know, but either way, you brought together people who were suffering and that is definitely something to be proud of. It's things like that which allow us to not feel so alone Smiley
     Reply #6 - March 05, 2018, 07:03 PM

Welcome!  parrot
     Reply #7 - March 06, 2018, 01:11 AM

No need to apologise. I've always hated the word 'brave' too, usually think of myself as a defector. Maybe it's because its been such a negative experience, that we subconsciously connect what we've done with negative words? I don't know, but either way, you brought together people who were suffering and that is definitely something to be proud of. It's things like that which allow us to not feel so alone Smiley

Thank you for being so understanding! You are an awesome human being.  thnkyu
    And you are probably right about how I may be correlating negative experiences with words. Regardless, glad to be amongst fellow defectors!
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »