Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: New Book on ex-Muslims

(Read 3896 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • New Book on ex-Muslims
     OP - February 07, 2018, 01:44 PM

Leaving Faith Behind: The journeys and perspectives of people who have chosen to leave Islam https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0232533644/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_kjWEAb85F9JPP

AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER NOW!

The first book of its kind, 'Leaving Faith Behind' tells the true stories of women and men who were born into Muslim families and who have made the difficult decision to leave Islam. It highlights the reasons why people have left Islam, their life experiences and the difficult choices they have made in changing opinion and belief. It is a personal reflection by individuals which shows the journey that many make in their lives in questioning and sometimes leaving faith behind, in this case Islam.

About the Author
    Fiyaz Mughal is the founder and director or Faith Matters, an organisation committed to reducing extremism and developing platforms for discourse and interaction between all faiths in the UK, and TellMAMA which monitors and provides support for victims of anti-Muslim incidents. Aliyah Saleem chose to leave Islam at the age of 19 and has since founded Faith to Faithless to support ex-religious people in minorities.
  • New Book on ex-Muslims
     Reply #1 - February 07, 2018, 03:45 PM

but..but...

"“We don’t want the government to fob us off with some phony thing called Tell MAMA, which has got a pro-Zionist pretty much heading it, or in a very senior capacity, and is making all sorts of comments we might not agree with when it comes to homosexuality, to be recording Islamophobia.”"

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• New Book on ex-Muslims
     Reply #2 - February 08, 2018, 08:34 PM

Does it actually say that? Rather amazing with how obsessive about "islamophobia" Tell MAMA is. Never seen a single accusation they reported/counted that turned out to be false they corrected themselves on. Probably busy reporting tweets the don't like alongside real world violence without distinction.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • New Book on ex-Muslims
     Reply #3 - February 08, 2018, 08:50 PM

Does it actually say that? Rather amazing with how obsessive about "islamophobia" Tell MAMA is. Never seen a single accusation they reported/counted that turned out to be false they corrected themselves on. Probably busy reporting tweets the don't like alongside real world violence without distinction.

Yeah, you're right. Let's just go back to the good old days where abusing Muslims online or off was just a natural and unremarkable phenomenon.
  • New Book on ex-Muslims
     Reply #4 - February 08, 2018, 09:59 PM

Yeezevee as always just confuses people. His quote was from an Islamic organisation that was CRITICISING Tell Mama.

Oh and what Toor said.

• New Book on ex-Muslims
     Reply #5 - February 08, 2018, 10:00 PM

the following statement which was made by MEND’s Chief Executive, Sufyan Ismail in late 2014. He stated the following to a mainly Muslim audience:

“We don’t want the government to fob us off with some phony thing called Tell MAMA, which has got a pro-Zionist pretty much heading it, or in a very senior capacity, and is making all sorts of comments we might not agree with when it comes to homosexuality, to be recording Islamophobia.”

https://tellmamauk.org/equality-means-equality-for-all-organisations-are-either-in-or-out-of-this-sphere/
  • New Book on ex-Muslims
     Reply #6 - February 08, 2018, 10:01 PM

Edit
  • New Book on ex-Muslims
     Reply #7 - February 09, 2018, 04:49 AM

Yeah, you're right. Let's just go back to the good old days where abusing Muslims online or off was just a natural and unremarkable phenomenon.

You seriously got that from what I said? How does thinking a mean tweet or facebook comment should be reported as such, instead of lumped together with incidents of violence without distinction, which is an incredibly bad way of reporting these things, translate into "Let's make abusing people the norm"?

I don't understand.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • New Book on ex-Muslims
     Reply #8 - February 09, 2018, 08:22 AM

If you're going to call Tell MAMA's project "obsessive", given what it was explicitly set up to do - that is to say, document anti-Muslim incidents as comprehensively as is feasible -  I'm not sure whether anything but a non-sarcastic answer is appropriate.
  • New Book on ex-Muslims
     Reply #9 - February 09, 2018, 10:00 AM

...........Yeezevee as always just confuses people. ............

that  is a fact  Hassan  and every one  who  reads me regularly knows that . My hope is, "on walking through their confusion, the  readers will  find the right path to truth"  ., Well  may  be  Quod Sum Eris  didn't see the the tube links i posted  in that post ..  may be he was/is confused. We can always clear the confusion with  proper responses

hmm ...let me watch these   videos  of  UNCLE MAMU

https://tellmamauk.org/want-to-see-what-racist-and-anti-muslim-hate-looks-like-today-have-a-look/

https://tellmamauk.org/watch-a-world-of-hate-that-comes-out-when-prejudice-is-unleashed/

His quote was from an Islamic organisation that was CRITICISING Tell Mama.

the following statement which was made by MEND’s Chief Executive, Sufyan Ismail in late 2014. He stated the following to a mainly Muslim audience:

“We don’t want the government to fob us off with some phony thing called Tell MAMA, which has got a pro-Zionist pretty much heading it, or in a very senior capacity, and is making all sorts of comments we might not agree with when it comes to homosexuality, to be recording Islamophobia.”

https://tellmamauk.org/equality-means-equality-for-all-organisations-are-either-in-or-out-of-this-sphere/

True  what I quoted is from that   tellmamauk.org  link  on Equality Means Equality for All. Organisations are Either In or Out of this Sphere

thank you for searching  that and thank you for reading that link,,,,  So what do  you think about  MEND’s Chief Executive, Sufyan Ismail ,, Is he doing right thing ?

https://www.sufyanismail.com/blog/

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• New Book on ex-Muslims
     Reply #10 - February 19, 2018, 10:35 PM

I hope they will publish an ebook as well.
  • New Book on ex-Muslims
     Reply #11 - February 20, 2018, 01:21 AM

I think they will
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »