Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: American Prophets

(Read 3292 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • American Prophets
     OP - February 05, 2018, 08:20 AM

God sends prophets to all the nations. Plato/Socrates were probably prophets sent to Greece. God has sent America few prophets also. Here are some of them:

1) Joseph Smith (Founder of Mormonism)
    2) David Koresh (Founder of Waco Religion)
    3) L. Ron Hubbard (Founder of Scientology)
    4) Elijah Muhammad (Founder of Nation of Islam)

Muste, Dorothy Day, Howard Thurman, Thomas Merton, Martin Luther King, Jr., and Fannie Lou Hamer—inspired individuals who succeeded in conveying their vision to the broader public through writing, speaking, demonstrating, and organizing.

If there are others,  add them to the list.
  • American Prophets
     Reply #1 - February 05, 2018, 05:30 PM

You are joking aren't you lol
  • American Prophets
     Reply #2 - February 05, 2018, 08:28 PM

You are joking aren't you lol

Maybe. Maybe not.
  • American Prophets
     Reply #3 - February 06, 2018, 04:45 PM

only criteria to understand prophet hood is and recognise the prophet is that you have to see in his life that either he ride the donkey or not if there was no donkey riding you can simply reject the claim if he had ride the donkey the first question he should face is that how does he know theres a god n how can he prove it
  • American Prophets
     Reply #4 - February 07, 2018, 06:48 AM

It's worth questioning what exactly a prophet is. A prophet with a direct link to god, a divine mouthpiece, is simply one type. You could make the case that Nietzsche was a prophet, considering how much of the 20th century you could argue he predicted. Not because he had a link to a god, but his understanding of how society and culture and the human mind work allowed him to make predictions.

Assuming we can come to an agreement on what makes someone a prophet, would you want secular prophets on the list, or only religious ones?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • American Prophets
     Reply #5 - February 07, 2018, 01:50 PM

I think a prophet simply means some who predicts the future accurately (or inaccurately) : "seer, soothsayer, fortune teller, clairvoyant, diviner; oracle, augur, sibyl"

For all we know, David Icke, Alex Jones, Nostradamus, and authors of works such as

http://www.sacred-texts.com/cla/sib/index.htm

BEGINNING with the generation first
    Of mortal men down to the very last
    I'll prophesy each thing: what erst has been,
    And what is now, and what shall yet befall
    5 The world through the impiety of men.
        First now God urges on me to relate
    Truly how into being came the world.
    And thou, shrewd mortal, prudently make known,
    Lest ever thou should'st my commands neglect,
    10 The King most high, who brought into existence
    The whole world, saying, "Let there be," and there was.
    For he the earth established, placing it
    Round about Tartarus, and he himself

are all divinely inspired? Or at least they tried to reach the divine. Prophets like Mani, Zoroaster, and many others...

Nietzsche? He authored "Thus spake Zarathustra". Obviously he was intending to prophesize. Later on he claimed to be God and wanted to give warnings to the world, and "lost his mind".

Sure. Science fiction authors may also be classified as predictors of the future. Atheist and secular prophets!

• American Prophets
     Reply #6 - February 07, 2018, 03:21 PM

Why do you make me  to correct your words dear  Prophet Patrick PBUH?   ..  well  again you are forcing me to  correct you
    I think a prophet simply means some who predicts the future accurately (or inaccurately) : "seer, soothsayer, fortune teller, clairvoyant, diviner; oracle, augur, sibyl"

For all we know, David Icke, Alex Jones, Nostradamus, and authors of works such as

http://www.sacred-texts.com/cla/sib/index.htm

that is a good link to read the history of faiths and   words of faith heads   PPP....  keep reading that
    Nietzsche? He authored "Thus spake Zarathustra". Obviously he was intending to prophesize. Later on he claimed to be God and wanted to give warnings to the world, and "lost his mind".

Sure. Science fiction authors may also be classified as predictors of the future. Atheist and secular prophets!

if you do not give me link on those highlighted words.,  i say That is nonsense  ..absolute nonsense ....  

What Nietzsche said   was   "God is dead"  NOT  "He is god and he NEVER claimed that he is  God"

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• American Prophets
     Reply #7 - February 08, 2018, 08:02 AM

you are funny. not.
  • American Prophets
     Reply #8 - February 08, 2018, 01:19 PM

I think a prophet simply means some who predicts the future accurately (or inaccurately)

Well, under your first criteria (as for second, I really don't know why you could consider inaccurate a prophet) I would count Christopher Hitchens as a prophet. He accurately predicted victim culture, ISIS (in some form or other) the Iranian protests and SJWs. I wouldn't count any of the men in your opening post, as none of that shit has come true, or been shown to be likely.

Einstein, now there was a prophet. I don't know if you personally would consider him an American prophet, but I'd be willing to given the circumstances of his life. I'd call Christopher Hitchens an English prophet except for his embrace of America and his eventual taking of American citizenship. Sadly I'd have to refer to him as an American prophet, at least in later life. And though not American, I could happily call Darwin and Ghandi prophets. Would you accept that? Are prophets flawless in your eyes? If yes then I would say there are no prophets. If prophets can be, and often are, flawed, I can think of a shitload of people I could mention.

And when you say American, are you referring purely to the USA, or the Americas in general? Because some would argue (seriously, l've seen some people arguing this) that Canadian professor of psychology of the university of Toronto, Jordan Peterson, is a prophet. And under your definition, he might be.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • American Prophets
     Reply #9 - February 08, 2018, 02:28 PM

Would Philip K Dick qualify?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sXYn7ZmzXFU
  • American Prophets
     Reply #10 - February 08, 2018, 03:58 PM

Actually, a thought. Would fictitious stories count? I remember when 9/11 happened and Captain America was searching for survivors amongst the twin towers. There was a lot of talk at the time of a muslim backlash. The very next issue you had Captain America throwing his shield at a bunch of pissed off white Americans beating up an innocent American muslim, and this started off an arc of Captain America vs terrorists while Cap defends brown Americans as Americans. Prophetic? Yes. Obvious? Also yes. But then again so were the X-Men. Fucking Christ, I remember seeing the 90's X-Men cartoon when I was five years old for the first time, and Jubilee saying to Storm "Why do people hate us?" And Storm replying "Because people fear what they do not understand." Five fucking years old, and I got it, and it stayed with me, as did Uncle Ben telling Peter Parker/Spider-Man "With great power comes great responsibility."

American prophet? Well, some of their best writers were British, but the characters were American, so...I dunno? Still waiting for definition that will inform all my posts on this thread.

• American Prophets
     Reply #11 - February 09, 2018, 08:17 AM

Would Philip K Dick qualify?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sXYn7ZmzXFU

Yes!
  • American Prophets
     Reply #12 - February 09, 2018, 08:18 AM

OK, I can go for that.
  • American Prophets
     Reply #13 - February 09, 2018, 08:19 AM

Actually, a thought. Would fictitious stories count? I remember when 9/11 happened and Captain America was searching for survivors amongst the twin towers. There was a lot of talk at the time of a muslim backlash. The very next issue you had Captain America throwing his shield at a bunch of pissed off white Americans beating up an innocent American muslim, and this started off an arc of Captain America vs terrorists while Cap defends brown Americans as Americans. Prophetic? Yes. Obvious? Also yes. But then again so were the X-Men. Fucking Christ, I remember seeing the 90's X-Men cartoon when I was five years old for the first time, and Jubilee saying to Storm "Why do people hate us?" And Storm replying "Because people fear what they do not understand." Five fucking years old, and I got it, and it stayed with me, as did Uncle Ben telling Peter Parker/Spider-Man "With great power comes great responsibility."

American prophet? Well, some of their best writers were British, but the characters were American, so...I dunno? Still waiting for definition that will inform all my posts on this thread.

This is all related to impending muslim holocausts planned for the 21st Century by Satan, so all such propaganda will surely be spread before the inevitable. So yes, you are a prophet!

Also, do not forget prophetesses like Joan of Arc sent to Medieval France, for example.
  • American Prophets
     Reply #14 - May 25, 2018, 12:10 AM

This is all related to impending muslim holocausts planned for the 21st Century by Satan

Roll Eyes
    So yes, you are a prophet!

dance

Of course.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »