Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hijab

(Read 2918 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hijab
     OP - February 03, 2018, 07:06 PM

Hello! So im new to this forum and i have no idea how to use it or how to look for subjects but anyway..I wanna talk about Hijab.Im pretty sure alot of people already talked about this million times already.I'm not gonna write my life story here so all i can say is that i wore hijab when i was 15 thinking it was the right thing to do after ive been under indirect pressure from my mom.So now im in college and i already faced my parents about this and ofcourse my mom got mad.After that i decided to talk about this more with dad since he more logical than mom and it went kind of good..though ofcourse he didnt accept the idea of me wanting to take it off.All he said is how reading Quraan and praying can make me get rid of these thoughts which i find kind of stupid.But now after a month has passed,i wanna end this once and for all, but i have no idea how to do it...how can i face him again?what should i say?how can i end this the way i want and not the way they want?
  • Hijab
     Reply #1 - February 04, 2018, 05:04 AM

parrot
    You have already asked for permission from them and not gotten it. They are not going to do it the way you want to, so you have to either do more work to convince them, resign yourself to wearing it, or do what you want and deal with the fallout.
    After 9/11 I was being followed by racists so I switched from traditional hijab to a turban when out. Changing how you wear it could be a step towards taking it off.
    Some here have tried to convince their parents with progressive interpretations regarding hijab. It might be worth a shot.
    If you feel you are in danger or will be harmed for taking off hijab I advise you not to do it until you are in a safe place, free from repercussions.
    At some point in your life you have to be your own person and not anyone else's. I don't mean you have to be rude about it but if no one in your life is going to accept your autonomy then you have to get to a place where you can be dependent on no one but yourself so you can be you.
    And welcome!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »