Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: New member here. Hi all!

(Read 2367 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • New member here. Hi all!
     OP - January 04, 2018, 08:48 PM

Hi all. I'm a new member here and also on reddit ex Muslim.

I left Islam after discovering that sex slavery was not only permissible in Islam but actually encouraged. The early Muslims raided towns and captured women, they were reluctant to rape the married ones and then Mohammed got a revelation saying that it didn't matter that these wonen were married. That verse turned my stomach and I really felt bad for non Muslim women in that era and under ISIS who also commit these acts.

Then I read that Mohammed was raping a slave girl in his wife Hafsas bed and when he was caught he received yet another revelation that absolved of him guilt or shame.

When I was a teenager I genuinely became heartbroken when I read that Allah and Mohammed considered women deficient in intellect and piety because we had periods. Now I laugh at it, especially because like why would God ban you from praying when you're on your period and then send you to hell because you missed prayers? How absurd is that God?

Thanks for accepting me into your community and I hope that we can get to know each other and share our insights on here.

Many thanks.
     Reply #1 - January 05, 2018, 08:58 PM

Hi and welcome Starlin Smiley
     Reply #2 - January 06, 2018, 08:18 PM

Welcome to the forum Starliin, have a rabbit!  bunny

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #3 - January 06, 2018, 10:24 PM

Welcome Starling! You can see that the those versus were written by men. Islam boxed itself in a corner when they said all or nothing. I think the reason Judaism and Christianity evolved a little bit more as it relates to women (and they too have a long way to go) is because they at least had enough sense to say that their books were "inspired" by God and not written by God. This slight difference allowed for room for interpretation and for the religions to have some wiggle room to change with the times. But because the Quran didn't allow for that. And as far as I am concerned the Hadith was just a way to man to continue to make shit up to suit himself. I don't get how anyone thinks there is anything divine about the Hadith. That's one of the reasons you have folks dressing like 7th Century Bedouins and trying to have social interactions like that. I have always been curious though about kuffar-invented cars, telephones, computers, stoves, refrigerators, toilets/sewer systems, showers, filtered water, washing machines, dryers...etc...etc...Why aren't these considered bi'dah also? Plus, and this is a serious question, where in the Sunnah does it specifically say the Prophet (PBUH) wore a thobe?

But the real kicker...the "kuffar" is sooooo bad, yet you are on welfare. As in the "kuffar" is feeding you, housing you and all the "wives" you don't take care of . How does that happen?

And they have to keep people isolated from music, art, literature, etc or else they would start asking questions like these and wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

I become more angry and disgusted the more I read and learn.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men (and women) to do nothing" -Edmund Burke
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »