Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Car rams into pedestrians in Melbourne, 13 injured

(Read 1603 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Car rams into pedestrians in Melbourne, 13 injured
     OP - December 21, 2017, 10:37 AM

Car rams into pedestrians in Melbourne, 13 injured     says news  from Australia

MELBOURNE: A car ploughed into a crowd in Australia's second-largest city on Thursday in what police said was a “deliberate act” that left more than a dozen people injured, some of them seriously.

Witnesses said people were thrown through the air after being hit by the vehicle, which did not appear to be trying to stop as it “mowed everybody down”.

Victoria state police said they had arrested the driver of the car after it “collided with a number of pedestrians” in downtown Melbourne at a busy intersection just after 4.30pm local time.

A second man was also arrested “We believe based on what we have seen that it is a deliberate act. The motivations are unknown,” Victoria Police's Commander Russell Barrett told reporters in Melbourne.

well  that is breaking news..  well   BBC    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-42437315    has all of that news...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1 - December 21, 2017, 02:07 PM

on that news   these news links  says

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/21/asia/melbourne-car-pedestrians-crash/index.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/21/world/australia/melbourne-car-cbd.html

Police said the 32-year-old driver was the sole occupant of the white Suzuki 4WD at the time of the crash.

He's an Australian citizen of Afghan descent who was known to police but only for minor offenses.

A second man arrested at the scene is not believed to be connected to the incident, police said.

There's been no change in the state's threat levels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy_Snh9r3tg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K4_RfZilPw

well  that is the  news and  those are the tubes  on that incident..  and that is that   Imam Tawhidi talking  
    Mohammad Tawhidi is an Iran-born, Australia-based public figure of Iraqi origin. Tawhidi is not recognised as an Imam or Sheikh by either the Australian National Imams Council or its South Australian equivalent, nor is he affiliated with any Australian mosque or prayer centre

well   let me watch that guy ..  Mohammad Tawhidi ...  sounds like   an ANGRY FOOL   to me..

Reply #2 - December 22, 2017, 12:11 PM

Nineteen people were rushed to hospital, and three remain critical in that Car ramming  into pedestrians ...says news

Nine foreigners among Melbourne car attack injured

A man who mowed down pedestrians with his car in Melbourne attributed his actions to “perceived mistreatment of Muslims”, Australia said on Friday, with nine foreigners among the injured.

Nineteen people were rushed to hospital, and three remain critical, after the Australian-Afghan driver ploughed through a busy downtown intersection on Thursday in what authorities said was a “deliberate act”.

The 32-year-old, who came to Australia as a refugee, has a history of drug abuse and mental problems and Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull reiterated there was no links to terrorism “at this stage”.

“To be attacked like this, in the middle of one of our great cities, is a shocking event, a shocking crime,” Turnbull said.

“He has said, in a number of what the police are describing as utterings, that he attributed his actions to perceived mistreatment of Muslims.

“But at this stage, because investigations are continuing, apart from that statement, there are no known links to any political issues, or any links to extremist groups, and I am advised at the moment that no terrorism link has been identified.”

Turnbull said nine foreign nationals were among those hurt, including three South Korean tourists, according to the country's Yonhap news agency.

Melbourne's Herald Sun said the other victims came from China, Italy, India, Venezuela, Ireland, and New Zealand, with the city full of tourists for the festive season.

Turnbull assured Australians Thursday's carnage was an isolated incident and “we should continue to go about our daily lives in the way we always do”.

Melbourne began returning to normal on Friday, with roads reopened.

But there was a boosted armed police presence, with a major carols by candlelight event scheduled for Christmas Eve and the Boxing Day cricket Test between Australia and England taking place nearby.

Thursday's incident came after a car rammed into pedestrians in Melbourne's busiest mall in January, killing six people. The driver, whose case is still being heard in court, was a drug addict and had allegedly just stabbed his brother.

Canberra has become increasingly worried about homegrown extremism and officials say they have prevented 13 terror attacks on home soil in the past few years.

The government in August unveiled a strategy aimed at preventing vehicle attacks in crowded public places. Suggested steps include deterrent options like fencing and closed circuit cameras, and delaying approaches such as trees and bollards to slow down vehicles.

Melbourne has also been installing a public siren system and more security cameras to warn people of a possible terrorist attack or other serious threats.

well that is what news says ...

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »