Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello

(Read 3166 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello
     OP - November 30, 2017, 09:42 AM

Hi I'm Farah, 30ish and I currently live in Gloucester.

I've grown up in a Muslim household on the Wirral so quite a multi-faith area and attended a public catholic orientated secondary school; I've always questioned my family's faith and pretty much any faith; I have a need to understand and a curious mind. As a teenager I started to become interested in science therefore religion to me had little evidence or proof to believe. In addition the greatest faith I felt should be in yourself  Smiley and thus you should have confidence in yourself that you can achieve what you want and you choose your path and your future

I studied Physics with Astronomy at Liverpool, and thoroughly enjoyed the student life, plus being away from home. This time allowed me to reflect and find my own path, finding out who I am, what I like and included meeting my boyfriend (whom is now my husband). I encountered many challenges along the way including attempting to put me off my degree, my boyfriend (non Muslim), my independence, but I've overcome all those or rather focussed on myself.

I have finally got to where I want to be with my career, I am a Software Developer and thoroughly enjoy it although I'm a junior at the moment Tongue We are happily married; April 2017 our (10 year anniversary of being together!), and are saving to buy a house in a few years. We have two dogs, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels called Jasper and Kali. We love camping around the UK, enjoy the outdoors and would very much like to get to know people here. This is the first place where we feel others would understand what I have gone through and share a similar path; a place where I don't have to pretend or tread carefully.

I currently do talk to my family but don't visit or see them, and have come up against issues, which I'll need help / advice / just discuss - but that's for another post. My husbands family aren't supportive either - again something for another post.

I like TV and Films. My biggest influences have been Stargate and Star Trek and Outlander (tv series and books). I also enjoy watching anything Marvel or DC, Game of Thrones, Fringe, Sanctuary, The Walking Dead, Red Dwarf, Battlestar Galatica (original), Quantum Leap...you get the idea! I have Netflix and Amazon Prime so there's lots out there.

I like a wide range of music including Bon Jovi, Clannad, Deep Purple, The Piano Guys, Nickelback, Enya, and soundtracks.

I love reading books when I find the time in my hectic life, these included JRR Tolkein, Isaac Asimov, Authur C Clarke and Diana Galbadon.

I am starting to improve my fitness and have been doing Krav Maga for about a year and a half, I have completed one Wolf Run, I am looking at doing a Bear Grylls Survival race (I like his stuff and have seen his Live event in 2016). I'd like to start Tai Chi (when I find one that isn't all older people) and pole fitness (testing the limits of my self confidence)

Phew, so there it is, all about me! I've been reading the posts here for a while and finally thought "I need to do this, I need to join, say Hi and hopefully I'll not scare people off" !!
  • Hello
     Reply #1 - November 30, 2017, 01:33 PM

Hey Farah! Welcome to the forum parrot

Our interests are so similar. I was basically raised by Stargate! Also love Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica (new one), Quantum Leap, Game of Thrones. Good to see another Piano Guys fan too. Watching them play always makes me so happy.

I studied Physics with Astronomy at Liverpool, and thoroughly enjoyed the student life, plus being away from home. This time allowed me to reflect and find my own path, finding out who I am, what I like and included meeting my boyfriend (whom is now my husband). I encountered many challenges along the way including attempting to put me off my degree, my boyfriend (non Muslim), my independence, but I've overcome all those or rather focussed on myself.

I went through the same process at uni too. And sooo much freedom! It was amazing!
  • Hello
     Reply #2 - December 03, 2017, 02:39 AM

Hi Farah, Welcome, have a parrot!  parrot Glad to see that you seem to have emerged from your background relatively unscathed! - at least compared to a lot of ex-muslims.
    You sound like a really interesting person, hope to see lots of posts from you.  Smiley

One little thing - don't be put off by a Tai Chi class full of old folks - some of us are worth getting to know! Undecided
  • Hello
     Reply #3 - December 06, 2017, 03:28 PM

thanks Smiley
  • Hello
     Reply #4 - December 11, 2017, 02:02 AM

Welcome farahziya, and have a rabbit!  bunny

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Hello
     Reply #5 - December 13, 2017, 12:04 PM

parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Hello
     Reply #6 - December 20, 2017, 10:58 PM

That's it, I'm leaving this forum! You scared me off  finmad

No, just kidding. Welcome  parrot
    Great that you joined  Smiley
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »