Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Sweden: "If you are an ex-Muslim you've come quite far towards being fully human

(Read 1692 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Sweden: "If you are an ex-Muslim you've come quite far towards being fully human
     OP - November 27, 2017, 06:26 AM

So this guy Martin Strid from the Swedish nationalist Sverigesdemokratarne party said this during a live Swedish TV broadcast (no subtitles):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3krI2IIgFo

Part below is from from thelocal.se: Sweden Democrat calls Muslims 'not completely human':
    Strid, a local politician from the town of Borlänge, told the audience at the party's national conference in Norrköping that there is a “scale of 1 to 100”.

“On one end of the scale you are 100 percent human, a person, everything that’s part of that concept. At the other end, you are 100 percent Mohammedan,” he said.

Strid continued by saying that “all Muslims are somewhere on that scale” and that members of terror group Isis “are close to being 100 percent Mohammedan”.

“If you are an ex-Muslim you have come quite far towards being fully human,” Strid continued.

Interestingly he seems to be unanimously denounced by SD officials for what he said and I've seen rumours that he has been evicted or perhaps pressured to leave on his own.

Omar Makram, an Egyptian Ex-Muslim activist refugee living in Sweden, wrote this on his Facebook:

On the statements made by the SD politician Martin Strid that "Muslims could be placed on a scale from 0 to 100 of how much of a human they are". Since he also dragged ex-Muslims into this, I feel obliged to share some of my thoughts.

First of all, Martin Strid`s statement is anti-Muslim bigotry, which I disagree with and condemn.

This continues to reflect how the extremists on both the right and the left cannot see the difference between Islam as a set of ideas and Muslims as people. They cannot seem to comprehend the nuance that one can disagree with ideas without hating the people who subscribe to them. And on the other hand that one can uphold the equal rights of people without indiscriminately praising or accepting all the ideas and values those people subscribe to, even when those ideas and values are not good in and of themselves. Which reminds me of a quote by Ali A. Rizvi "The left is wrong on Islam. The right is wrong on Muslims.", which is admittedly a generalization, but it serves to highlight the point.

The majority of ex-Muslims I know subscribe to humanist values, care deeply for human rights and are completely against discrimination against Muslims or any violation of their equal rights, and same can definitely be said of the ex-Muslim movement, including Sveriges Exmuslimer (Ex-Muslims of Sweden). Accordingly, there is no and can be no alliance between the ex-Muslim movement and the extreme right. Regardless of how the extreme right could desire this alliance or how the extreme left could resort to throwing "Guilt by association" at ex-Muslims for something they neither want nor have control over.

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • Sweden: "If you are an ex-Muslim you've come quite far towards being fully human
     Reply #1 - November 27, 2017, 10:12 PM

Omar Makram's response was perfect. These idiots should keep us out of the divisive rhetoric that they spew. They will never represent us.
     Reply #2 - November 29, 2017, 09:06 AM

Yeah I only know him through Facebook but I really like what he writes. He seems to have  been quick on picking up on how to handle the sometimes toxic atmosphere in the Swedish debate. And Sarah Haider from EXMNA. That lady is absolutely brillant! I push those people on both my fellow leftists and those who abuse the real and perceived lack of support for Ex- and dissident Muslims by the left for their own nefarious agendas by hijacking the Ex-Muslim struggle. If people are hard left I give them a shot af Maryam Namazie grin12

What little I do seem to have an effect. I see more and more of my fellow leftist and humanist Facebook acquaintances follow those I occasionally push. Including people who are practicing Muslims.

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »