Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Safe spaces
Yesterday at 07:27 PM

25 year old ex Muslim fro...
Yesterday at 06:17 PM

The Cult of Social Justic...
Yesterday at 05:47 PM

Egyptian Ex Muslim lookin...
Yesterday at 05:24 PM

Finality of Prophethood ...
Yesterday at 03:46 PM

false?,,,,,,why?
Yesterday at 12:46 PM

What music are you listen...
Yesterday at 03:57 AM

Imam Tawhidi
November 22, 2017, 02:37 PM

Islamophobia is Wrong Wor...
by zeca
November 22, 2017, 01:30 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
November 22, 2017, 12:29 AM

Random Islamic History Po...
by zeca
November 21, 2017, 06:30 PM

Nigeria mosque bombing_50...
November 21, 2017, 02:21 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ask me Anything

(Read 295 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ask me Anything
     OP - November 13, 2017, 06:57 PM

For those interested on Reddit tomorrow 6pm

Quote:

This is a shorter notice than I anticipated but I was able to get Hassan Radwan to agree to do an Ask Me Anything(AMA) on the subreddit. He will be here with us tomorrow between 6pm-9pm GMT Time Zone converter. Hopefully everyone can come and say Hi to Hassan and welcome him to subreddit. If you miss the timeslot I'm sure Hassan would love to come back to see to any remaining questions.

Hassan Radwan, as everyone knows is a handsome, witty, well-dressed babe-magnet (he told me to write this). As well as that he is a popular personality in the progressive voices among Muslims and the Ex-Muslim crowd.

Hassan was born to an Egyptian father and an English mother in London and has lived his whole life in the capital of the UK. He graduated from SOAS with a BA in Arabic and Islamic studies where among other things he was head of the university Islamic university (ISOC) head. He spent 15 years as a teacher at the Islamia primary school which was founded by Yusuf Islam. He also authored four childrens' books in that time.

At the age of 48 he had a crisis of faith where he became a lot less confident about the truth of Islam and went on to found the Agnostic Muslims & Friends group on Facebook and the blog "Agnostic Muslim Khutbahs". He has also been involved with the CEMB and is seen as an active member at the online CEMB forum. "My Ordeal with the Qur'an" is a reasonably well known book which he's translated.

Hassan recently decided against using "Muslim" as part of his identity and likes to be known as just "Agnostic", in the past he has also identified as an "Ex-Muslim".

This is first in a series of AMAs in the works, hopefully this will be a successful venture with the sub going past 25K and into 2018. These AMA will be treated as "serious" so please behave accordingly. This is your subreddit so make sure you support it.

Related media:

*Hassan's Blog: Snapshots of My Life

*Hassan's Facebook

*Hassan's Twitter

*Hassan at the International Conference on Free Expression and Conscience, London, July 2017 with

*Hassan's Interview at the Clarion Project, Jan 2016

*Guardian article: Muslims can reinterpret their faith: it’s the best answer to Isis, Dec 2015

See you guys tomorrow, Be there or be square,

Deedat

https://www.reddit.com/r/exmuslim/comments/7cp8fj/upcoming_ama_hassan_radwan_tomorrow_6pm9pm_gmt/

Hell is an absurd & wicked fiction. You're not a bad person for rejecting something that's cruel, irrational, unjust & lacks evidence. You have nothing to fear. Nothing to feel ashamed about. Enjoy your life. Do the best you can. Make yourself & others happy.
  • Ask me Anything
     Reply #1 - November 14, 2017, 04:39 PM

Bump

Hell is an absurd & wicked fiction. You're not a bad person for rejecting something that's cruel, irrational, unjust & lacks evidence. You have nothing to fear. Nothing to feel ashamed about. Enjoy your life. Do the best you can. Make yourself & others happy.
  • Ask me Anything
     Reply #2 - November 14, 2017, 08:12 PM

I can think of anything off the top of my head that I haven't already asked you, or don't already know.

In other words, I've been watching you Hassan.  Wink

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Ask me Anything
     Reply #3 - November 15, 2017, 04:07 PM

We're all watching you...  wacko (stop moving so much)

EDIT: Drat! I missed the AMA. I was at a gig at the time. I'm reading through it now. Well done for doing one Hassan!
  • Ask me Anything
     Reply #4 - November 15, 2017, 04:54 PM

I think the AMA didn't reflect the impact you have had on the ex-muslim and agnostic/liberal/cultural Muslim movements. I occasionally see your name being mentioned by Danish Facebook debaters.

But then your views *ARE* very "out there" so honestly I think it is hard to come up with good questions.

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • Ask me Anything
     Reply #5 - November 15, 2017, 05:27 PM

It's a shame it's not on the proper /r/AMA. It's where it should be but I guess we're still 'scary' as a community (plus r/ama isn't what it used to be).
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »