Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Finally Done with Islam

(Read 6351 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Finally Done with Islam
     OP - November 03, 2017, 10:46 AM

My latest Facebook post:

You know what? I think I'm finally done with Islam. I mean I'm done saying I'm a liberal Muslim or Agnostic Muslim or trying to reform Islam. etc... What will be will be. If it reforms then good luck. If it doesn't reform then goodbye. Others can take that up. I'm not going to waste my time anymore. Yes of course after over half a century of being a Muslim there are lots of things I like and respect in Islam and will remain a part of me and I even still enjoy the occasional prayer. But I simply don't believe in it. I have known for some time now that it is a man-made religion. All religions are. Let's be honest. Religion is bullshit. I think I have to be true to myself rather than trying to save the world.

Ps it doesn't mean I'll stop critiquing Islam tho. It's still one of my favourite pastimes after football and music.
     Reply #1 - November 03, 2017, 02:38 PM

................ I have known for some time now that it is a man-made religion. All religions are. Let's be honest. Religion is bullshit......................

let me rephrase those words of      REJECTOMONY    :finmad... finmad:  and put them as pointers

1).  I have known for some time now that Islam is a man-made religion.
    2).  All religions are man made. 
    3).  Let's be honest.  Religions are bullshit......

Now I can sleep better ..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - November 03, 2017, 04:41 PM

For Hassan  Wink
     Reply #3 - November 03, 2017, 07:07 PM

It's still one of my favourite pastimes after football and music.

So what is more favourite than football & music?
    Oooh I know.
     Reply #4 - November 03, 2017, 07:31 PM

<3
     Reply #5 - November 04, 2017, 12:31 AM

Yeah, I saw your status. Good for you Hassan; it isn't worth it. You deserve a life of peace in which people are not attacking you left, right and centre for identifying as a Muslim while being a liberal.
     Reply #6 - November 04, 2017, 12:31 PM

I've toyed with labels but my views have remained fundamentally the same ever since I lost my faith. I thought I had a duty to save Muslims and save the world but the world doesn't need saving. This old world will never change methinks
     Reply #7 - November 04, 2017, 12:46 PM

.................. This old world will never change methinks.............

what is new in that Hassan .. Thinking wrong is not new to you...  Common I was and I am certain you could have done much better than this guy  if you focused on politics and Islam since we writing together  in forums for the past 15 years or so .,  I argued with you at  that time to join in  politics of London to mold Islam and Muslims...  You have all Qualities except how to be POLITICALLY CORRECT

Reply #8 - November 04, 2017, 02:27 PM

I'm glad that you are being more true to yourself. I would think it's the best way to live if at all possible.

Hassan, I think you've already done quite a part in helping to change the world. Strangely it seems to me like some of the more effective people in this regard have the kind of pessimism that you carry in spades.

It looks like you'll have plenty of good football from Spurs to enjoy this year anyway.  Smiley

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #9 - November 04, 2017, 09:17 PM

I've toyed with labels but my views have remained fundamentally the same ever since I lost my faith. I thought I had a duty to save Muslims and save the world but the world doesn't need saving. This old world will never change methinks

You cant change the whole world, just parts of it and only small things at a time. But for your own sake, please make sure you look after yourself too. There is only so much we can do. You can't take down an organised religion all by yourself. It takes a lot of time, and I mean A LOT. If you ever find yourself thinking the world will never change, then try to focus on the major revolutions that have happened over the recent centuries. Gay people are slowly winning equality everywhere, women are able to get an education and jobs, and atheism is on the rise and secularism is spreading. Don't give up hope.

Education is the key for us to keep moving forward. We'll never be perfect, but we can be ok.

Reply #10 - November 05, 2017, 10:33 AM

Thanks Peru <3
     Reply #11 - November 15, 2017, 05:31 PM

My latest Facebook post:

You know what? I think I'm finally done with Islam. I mean I'm done saying I'm a liberal Muslim or Agnostic Muslim or trying to reform Islam. etc... What will be will be. If it reforms then good luck. If it doesn't reform then goodbye. Others can take that up. I'm not going to waste my time anymore. Yes of course after over half a century of being a Muslim there are lots of things I like and respect in Islam and will remain a part of me and I even still enjoy the occasional prayer. But I simply don't believe in it. I have known for some time now that it is a man-made religion. All religions are. Let's be honest. Religion is bullshit. I think I have to be true to myself rather than trying to save the world.

Ps it doesn't mean I'll stop critiquing Islam tho. It's still one of my favourite pastimes after football and music.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have to confess that I love the stuffing out of you, old chap. Now that that’s out of the way, we can all relax and drink a pint or two of that disgusting craft beer you love so much. 

Now, I don’t, as a rule, enjoy seeing you throw in the towel. Still, I’d rather see you do the full circle above while being honest with yourself than to see you engage in the sort of theological bait-and-switch which calling yourself (divinity-based) Muslim is always going to entail.

Personally, I’ve never been partial to tactically dressing up one’s post-Islam individuation as (to quote Theresa May’s feeble attempt to cover her dementia tax U-turn by repeating twice) “nothing’s changed!”

The most important thing, really, is to be happy and spread whatever you suspect as constituting happiness, however little that might be, to those most immediately around you and those with whom you interact and are within the sphere of your influence. To wit, family and friends.

Beyond that, you should always kid yourself into thinking that your transformative influence does not extend. This little technique has done wonders for my potbelly & soul alike.

I remember feeling fantastically free when I first accepted I’ve done quite a bit of handing out dawah and that from that moment onward I should pension myself off having reached it (it =مرتبة اليقين) as far as trying to increase humanity’s awareness is concerned. In fact, I would still like to invite humanity — especially that portion of it which is the remotest away placed from my influence — to do one, if it’s all the same.

In those heady days, I was more concerned with “freedom from” Allah and hardly paid any homage to “freedom to”.  It was only recently that I started chartering and patrolling the areas which lay beyond the mere fact of being free from Islamic interference that emanated from others who either sought to obstruct my will and or to tyrannically impose theirs on me. Fuck that, Sir.

Whilst sodding that to Hades, life remains to be explored at leisure. That's the old wisdom I found of late; it was but for the self-imposed theological blinkers, the writing on the wall, on Islam's wall, has always been there. Finger pointing to the moon and imbeciles examining the finger and all that.   
     Reply #12 - November 15, 2017, 05:38 PM

Oh, and I had a little chuckle for you appearing to hasten to assert, probably as an afterthought, your inalienable right to critiquing Islam as though you hitherto had been doing that for the charitable benefit of others mainly.  Keep your chin up, my dear. We are here, bouncing these ideas off each other to court final closure. 
     Reply #13 - November 15, 2017, 11:41 PM

In the interest of full disclosure, I have to confess that I love the stuffing out of you, old chap. Now that that’s out of the way, we can all relax and drink a pint or two of that disgusting craft beer you love so much. 

Now, I don’t, as a rule, enjoy seeing you throw in the towel. Still, I’d rather see you do the full circle above while being honest with yourself than to see you engage in the sort of theological bait-and-switch which calling yourself (divinity-based) Muslim is always going to entail.

Personally, I’ve never been partial to tactically dressing up one’s post-Islam individuation as (to quote Theresa May’s feeble attempt to cover her dementia tax U-turn by repeating twice) “nothing’s changed!”

The most important thing, really, is to be happy and spread whatever you suspect as constituting happiness, however little that might be, to those most immediately around you and those with whom you interact and are within the sphere of your influence. To wit, family and friends.

Beyond that, you should always kid yourself into thinking that your transformative influence does not extend. This little technique has done wonders for my potbelly & soul alike.

I remember feeling fantastically free when I first accepted I’ve done quite a bit of handing out dawah and that from that moment onward I should pension myself off having reached it (it =مرتبة اليقين) as far as trying to increase humanity’s awareness is concerned. In fact, I would still like to invite humanity — especially that portion of it which is the remotest away placed from my influence — to do one, if it’s all the same.

In those heady days, I was more concerned with “freedom from” Allah and hardly paid any homage to “freedom to”.  It was only recently that I started chartering and patrolling the areas which lay beyond the mere fact of being free from Islamic interference that emanated from others who either sought to obstruct my will and or to tyrannically impose theirs on me. Fuck that, Sir.

Whilst sodding that to Hades, life remains to be explored at leisure. That's the old wisdom I found of late; it was but for the self-imposed theological blinkers, the writing on the wall, on Islam's wall, has always been there. Finger pointing to the moon and imbeciles examining the finger and all that.   

I loved every bit of this.
     Reply #14 - November 15, 2017, 11:49 PM

^
    And it ill behoves me to not love every bit of you, my friend, hero and — dare I say — mentor!
     Reply #15 - November 16, 2017, 12:26 AM

Flattery, when done effectively, always works.

Love you too habibi.
     Reply #16 - November 17, 2017, 06:01 AM

Hey Wahhabist, how are you doing my friend. I still remember our brief meetings fondly. I hope you are keeping well. Would love to meet up again for a drink and chat - and I promise to allow you free choice when it comes to beverages.

I love reading your posts - as Alan Partridge might say: "Liquid words!"

:Hugs:
     Reply #17 - November 17, 2017, 06:16 AM

ps in case you don't know Alan Partridge:

https://youtu.be/Xhlx43rTs2Q
     Reply #18 - November 18, 2017, 02:45 AM

Aww, does this mean I can no longer call you mahdi? Well if it means anything, I have  given your sermons to muslims, and the agnostic muslim khutbars have indeed made an impact. Your agnostic muslim view represents the only view I would be able to adopt if I wanted to convert to islam, and that, Sir, coupled with the practising muslims I have introduced to your sermons. who have taken them to heart, is no small thing. If you wish to hang up your hat, that is completely up to you, and a job well done, old chap. But do not doubt for one second whether or not you have changed any lives. You have. Bravo, Sir. You should be a Knight of the Realm. I'm a good thirty plus years younger than you, and I can tell you for a fact that your sermons resonate with people my age, and I shall continue to share them.

Bravo to the mahdi. You're a good man, Hassan, and I look forward to the day we meet in person, and I buy you a pint.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #19 - November 18, 2017, 02:55 AM

ps in case you don't know Alan Partridge:

https://youtu.be/Xhlx43rTs2Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj63LflLIwk sloshed

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #20 - November 18, 2017, 07:43 AM

I genuinely look forward to that pint, Quid my friend.
     Reply #21 - November 18, 2017, 10:02 AM

Me too mate. Smiley

Reply #22 - November 18, 2017, 10:26 AM

I genuinely look forward to that pint, Quid my friend.

Why is it so hard to get my name right? I've been posting how long? Fuck it, proper old school gentleman right there. If you aren't wearing tweed and smoking a pipe when we meet, I shall lodge a formal complaint with Her Majesty.

Go on Hassan. You know you're a proper lad. Wink

Reply #23 - November 18, 2017, 11:54 AM

It was my spell check
     Reply #24 - November 18, 2017, 11:59 AM

yes...yes....  Blame spell check........blame allah ...........blame god...     that  is not proper ....    Cheesy

Reply #25 - November 18, 2017, 01:16 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_QuSAJHA7g

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #26 - December 13, 2017, 04:27 AM

Aww, does this mean I can no longer call you mahdi?

The bloody hell? I just had this reply to your post/thread flash through my head, and I have to correct it. I have always called you the Mujaddid. This is fitting. Seriously, no clue why I mistook Mahdi for Mujaddid. Apologies, Mujaddid. I'll buy you an extra pint.

Reply #27 - December 20, 2017, 11:07 PM

Hi Hassan,

I'm happy that you found your way and are honest with yourself. I admire that you are so open about discussion and don't hide your thoughts from anyone.

Wish you all the best.
     Reply #28 - December 21, 2017, 10:43 PM

I think that decision of saying "I am done with religion" is the bravest decision anyone can ever go through in life! cz the concicunces are really hard specially with islam! the fear of punishment, the family that becomes your first enemy, and the whole community that you have to leave not because you don't like them but because they really wish you just can disappear! its so harsh! if you go through all that and face it then you probably deserve a golden medal  dance anyway I left all this behind and lucky i live in a westernised country so too many other doors opened for me! new friends and communities welcome me and they accept me the way I am and I feel Im really lucky to establish this new life Smiley
     Reply #29 - December 24, 2017, 08:44 PM

Hey Wahhabist, how are you doing my friend. I still remember our brief meetings fondly. I hope you are keeping well. Would love to meet up again for a drink and chat - and I promise to allow you free choice when it comes to beverages.

I love reading your posts - as Alan Partridge might say: "Liquid words!"

:Hugs:

Hey Shaykhuna Abi Ali Hassan (قّدس الله سرّك)!

Surest thing you know; I'm a free bird these days so I'm going to arrange to link up with you precisely after the conclusion of Xmas binging.  Will be in touch regarding this. Yours with the greetings of the season x
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »