Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Any ex Muslims living in an Islamic country?

(Read 4328 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Any ex Muslims living in an Islamic country?
     OP - November 02, 2017, 10:53 AM

I come from a very strict Muslim family and this past summer I got a tattoo which, if you know, is forbidden in Islam. As a child I would always question about the point of religion and why I would be judged by 'Allah' if everything was predestined for me. I knew there was a flaw in what I was taught but nevertheless, I still went to the mosque. My mother decided to take us to Somalia (yes, one of the most dangerous countries in the world) this year to try and get us back to our "culture & religion" but I've realized that I reject Islam. There are no rights for women here in Somalia and the misogyny and sexism are rife. What's even more frustrating is that I, as an educated young woman I experience misogyny from my male family members every day simply for the fact that I have a vagina and the 'Quran' makes it clear that women are not 'equal' to men. My own mother has started to force me and my sister to do other (male) cousins chores in our own house simply because we are women and it's our 'duty'. From her own mouth, she said 'you're worth half of what a man is' and she wholeheartedly supports this claim. I cannot (as I fear for my life as the penalty for apostasy in Somalia is death) tell her or any of my family members, I'm no longer a Muslim. They have made it apparent that anyone who leaves Islam should be put to death. For a while, I thought I was the only one who was the only ex Muslim alive but now I know I'm not alone. There are others who have seen the light  grin12

Does anyone live in an islamic country and is an ex Muslim like me?
     Reply #1 - June 11, 2018, 01:46 PM

Hello there fellow human,

First of all, as a male who isn't considered a man in many people's eyes because I don't value what most of people value, I'd like to apologize to you for what Islamic males in your country do. I've been an Ex-muslim as well for as long as I can remember but didn't choose to be an atheist but decided to take what's positive from all the religions I stumble upon and use such wisdom to curve my own path.
       I live in Jordan, in an Islamic strict family as well, which doesn't mind killing me if they knew that I left Islam since I was very young but only been hiding the truth to stay alive.
       Throughout my life, I always struggled with purpose and meaning but recently I fell in love with songwriting and every second of it been rewarding but I can't tell all my family members because it is forbidden to make a career out of music which really doesn't make sense and fear is everywhere because I don't know how will I market myself while being afraid of being discovered by my strict family members.
       I really wish I could leave my country, be able to start somewhere alone and build myself up but obviously there are rules and borders stopping me from attaining my peace of mind and being able to follow my purpose without being afraid.
     Reply #2 - June 15, 2018, 03:39 AM

far away hug welcome
     Reply #3 - June 23, 2018, 01:21 PM

im sorry to hear that.  far away hug
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »