Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Purpose.

(Read 11088 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Purpose.
     OP - October 25, 2017, 07:32 PM

There might already be a thread like this, but I thought I'd create one anyways. My friend and I were discussing the need for purpose in one's life. Some people find it, some people are born with it, and some people (the luckiest of us) get to create it. One person's purpose could be to end world hunger, and I think that's just as valid a purpose as me sitting here eating my sandwich during my lunch break. One is definitely more noble than the other for sure, but my philosophy is: stay calm, do no harm, and try to leave this world better than you came into it. I think my purpose is to write and create things wherever I am, and hopefully that does some good for the world.

What is your purpose? Are you still seeking/creating it?

"Nothing lasts forever. Even the stars die."

A for Atheist
    A for Apostate
    A for Anonymous
    A for Aqua
  • Purpose.
     Reply #1 - October 25, 2017, 09:23 PM

Here's the thread you are looking for.

https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=28944.msg825750#msg825750

My answers in that thread, compiled below, in chronological order:

I live for that moment that I can say "Hooray, I can be a horrible person now!"

Although by that point it will probably be boring anyway. Whatever, I'll see when I get there.

So a while ago I thought I lived for 3 things two of which aren't legal in the state of Illinois.

Well it's interesting, but as necessary as I felt they were for my happiness, I've realized when I didn't or couldn't have any given one of them, I could still make do and live in a very satisfying way. And I realized that what I enjoyed about some of those things were the component parts of them. What it is about them that made me feel a special way.

There are always going to be things that have the components in them that make you feel a special way. Some things will combine these components in a way that will make you want to experience them over and over again, and these we will miss when they're not part of our lives. But still, there are aspects of so many different things that we could do which can give us satisfaction in our lives. So yeah, I'm rambling, but if I'm answering my question more directly once more I would say that I live for the components of unforgettable experiences, and experiencing more of those things that I will miss.

Being able to privately enjoy whatever level of nudity I choose to be in, without having to worry about anyone barging in on me.

All 3 of those are pretty good reasons for living, on their own. I'll let you know if I come up with more.  grin12

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Purpose.
     Reply #2 - October 26, 2017, 12:26 PM

Programming & artificial intelligence are good purposes of life.
  • Purpose.
     Reply #3 - October 26, 2017, 09:48 PM

"Today or tomorrow sickness and death will come (they had come already) to those I love or to me; nothing will remain but stench and worms. Sooner or later my affairs, whatever they may be, will be forgotten, and I shall not exist. Then why go on making any effort? . . . How can man fail to see this? And how go on living? That is what is surprising! One can only live while one is intoxicated with life; as soon as one is sober it is impossible not to see that it is all a mere fraud and a stupid fraud! That is precisely what it is: there is nothing either amusing or witty about it, it is simply cruel and stupid...."

-Leo Tolstoy
  • Purpose.
     Reply #4 - October 27, 2017, 07:55 AM

Is that how you see life Hassan?
  • Purpose.
     Reply #5 - October 27, 2017, 11:32 AM

"Today or tomorrow sickness and death will come (they had come already) to those I love or to me; nothing will remain but stench and worms. Sooner or later my affairs, whatever they may be, will be forgotten, and I shall not exist. Then why go on making any effort? . . . How can man fail to see this? And how go on living? That is what is surprising! One can only live while one is intoxicated with life; as soon as one is sober it is impossible not to see that it is all a mere fraud and a stupid fraud! That is precisely what it is: there is nothing either amusing or witty about it, it is simply cruel and stupid...."

-Leo Tolstoy

Nooooooooooooooo........................   NEVER

I don't care whether people love me or not
    I don't care whether people remember me   or not,
    I don't want to do fraud
    I don't want to live in fraud
    I don't want to die in fraud
    I don't want to leave the fraud behind
    neither  I want to  leave  the stench behind
    nor  want to  leave worms to my fellow human beings
    And that is  to myself,  to life itself  and the the earth itself
    So.,   yes I want to  live an  intoxicated   life
    and I   I want every one  intoxicated  with  life

that  Rich Boy Jew  Lev Nikolayevich didn't drink proper Juice...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Purpose.
     Reply #6 - October 27, 2017, 01:23 PM

There might already be a thread like this, but I thought I'd create one anyways. My friend and I were discussing the need for purpose in one's life. Some people find it, some people are born with it, and some people (the luckiest of us) get to create it. One person's purpose could be to end world hunger, and I think that's just as valid a purpose as me sitting here eating my sandwich during my lunch break. One is definitely more noble than the other for sure, but my philosophy is: stay calm, do no harm, and try to leave this world better than you came into it. I think my purpose is to write and create things wherever I am, and hopefully that does some good for the world.

What is your purpose? Are you still seeking/creating it?

Hmm..   Aqua ... dear Aqua.,  I didn't realize you started this folder .,    I am reading your OP because I m forced read by  a guy Called Hassan Radwan "REJECTIMONY .. Who hated me and who still hates..

That guy is rejecting everything and going in to Leo's  Stench...  and on top of that That question asked and answered by innumerable people ,  So let me ask you a question Aqua   

What is the purpose  of this folder and the question in it dear Aqua?
    Is it to create purpose in life of those who are reading this folder?
    Is it to create doubt about once own's  life hence why to live life?
    Do you  or your friend  like to find the purpose in   life?
    what do and your friend think about Human's place in this vast universe

That last question is from Today's BBC news   ..Pope's tough question for International Space Station crew.... ... watch it

Well let me put some Quotes.. you choose one or add more...

“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.”  ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  ― Eleanor Roosevelt

“The mystery of human existence lies not in just staying alive, but in finding something to live for.”
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky,

“All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom." ― Albert Einstein,

“The purpose of life is to contribute in some way to making things better.”
      ― Robert F. Kennedy

“‎"If there is no God, then man and the universe are doomed. Like prisoners condemned to death, we await our unavoidable execution. There is no God, and there is no immortality. And what is the consequence of this? It means that life itself is absurd. It means that the life we have is without ultimate significance, value, or purpose.” William Lame Cretin..

You were ordered to obey to Allah, and you were create to perform good deeds.”
    ― Hazrat Ali Ibn Abu-Talib A.S

“I’m not out to compete with any one, I’m here to complete, by encouraging and inspiring souls through a text at a time” ― Bernard Kelvin Clive,

“We are frightfully concerned with our own deaths, sometimes so much so that we forget the real purpose of our lives” ― Brian L. Weiss, 

“The enduring attraction of war is this: Even with its destruction and carnage it can give us what we long for in life. It can give us purpose, meaning, a reason for living. Only when we are in the midst of conflict does the shallowness and vapidness of much of our lives become apparent. Trivia dominates our conversations and increasingly our airwaves. And war is an enticing elixir. It gives us resolve, a cause. It allows us to be noble. And those who have the least meaning in their lives, the impoverished refugees in Gaza, the disenfranchised North African immigrants in France, even the legions of young who live in the splendid indolence and safety of the industrialized world, are all susceptible to war's appeal.”  ― Chris Hedges,  with no brain

and finally

“The purpose of life is to live, to learn, and to love.” ― Christine Rice

So let me know the purpose dear Aqua and other friends..

• Purpose.
     Reply #7 - October 27, 2017, 04:33 PM

Is that how you see life Hassan?

Yes Peru.

When I was young I saw life as a great adventure. A mystery to be solved. But after 59 years of experience I have found nothing but greed, stupidity and suffering - with the occasional heroic human - like  Sisyphus pushing that boulder up the hill no matter how many times it rolls back down again.
  • Purpose.
     Reply #8 - October 27, 2017, 04:37 PM

I don't hate you Yeezy habibi. I just think you are nuts.
  • Purpose.
     Reply #9 - October 27, 2017, 04:41 PM

-Leo Tolstoy

When we're very young most of us are naturally intoxicated, without any effort.

I don't think it's essential to the intoxication to be unaware of it's cause and mechanism. We can savor something out of the good things in our life, whether or not they are of our own plan or creation. Like tickling or chess.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Purpose.
     Reply #10 - October 27, 2017, 11:22 PM

Yes Peru.

When I was young I saw life as a great adventure. A mystery to be solved. But after 59 years of experience I have found nothing but greed, stupidity and suffering - with the occasional heroic human - like  Sisyphus pushing that boulder up the hill no matter how many times it rolls back down again.

It's something I am really struggling with too. I understand how you feel, though I wish I didn't. I feel too young to have this mindset, but my suffering combined with my reduced life expectancy and makes me ponder these questions sooner than I'd like to.

I see so much pointless greed and suffering, sometimes life pushes me to the edge and I feel like giving in and joining them. Other times I just want to end it all. But there days where I see how hard some people try to be decent and simply enjoy their lives. I don't want them to have a life of darkness. I don't want my boyfriend to suffer, and I still want to make the most of this shit-heap that spontaneously came to existence.

This is all we will ever have. I don't want to see humanity fall to the darkness. There is a light too. As I grow older, I find that holding onto that light is an ever bigger fight. But I still feel it's worth fighting for. We have come so far as a species. Some people are so horribly cruel, but others like yourself are exceptionally kind. I want you to know that it is people like you that keep me going.

So I'll keep pushing that boulder up that hill. There is nothing for me at the top, instead I'll just make the journey itself worthwhile. I'll make friends with other boulder pushers. Sometimes they may go off in a different direction to me, but that's ok because others will come along to keep me company in their place. Others may try to hurt me by pushing my boulder further back down, and others will help me and each other by pushing it further up. I'll endure scars and injuries along the way, some are temporary while others are permanent. As long as we have people around us that help us feel the warmth, it makes life feel somewhat worthwhile.

At least, that's how I try to keep going. Some days are harder. I'm sorry for your struggles too.
  • Purpose.
     Reply #11 - October 29, 2017, 01:39 AM

I have seen an awful lot of bad, and for the most part had no idea what I was looking at.
    Being oblivious is a blessing, mostly.
    However, the older I get the more I know what has happened to me and the clearer I see the people I have known. Working in fraud prevention since I reached adulthood has been helpful though somehow has not jaded me.
    Many people are not pretty.
    When I was in purdah I knew, as I did as a child, that absolutely that there was no help and no hope. I was certain the hand I was dealt was the only hand there was. When everything hit the fan I met people who I am sure are as flawed as the rest of us but who also went above and beyond to save us and make sure we emerged into light.
    I keep meeting people who do nice things, who enrich the lives of those around them in a myriad of ways. There is no common trait I can pin down besides what I would term decency. Our beloved Golden Rule, I suppose. It makes me feel lucky, to look back at the last few years and know I that my fellow man has come through.
    I know there are places where the people you are surrounded by can affect your outlook. I know our own perceptions can form our realities..
    But I went from a hell into a happy life, more than once.
    My purpose is to be one of those decent people who helps others, without getting into the trouble it got me into before. Not to give in to bad experiences and close myself off, but to live with my heart and my eyes open.

I hope this makes sense. Sometimes I explain emotional things and it doesn't come out right, like I have a writer's block on that part of myself..

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Purpose.
     Reply #12 - October 29, 2017, 02:11 AM

I wish I could "love" this post above me, Three.

A for Atheist
    A for Apostate
    A for Anonymous
    A for Aqua
  • Purpose.
     Reply #13 - October 29, 2017, 12:51 PM

I hope this makes sense. Sometimes I explain emotional things and it doesn't come out right, like I have a writer's block on that part of myself..

No, that was perfect. You are very right, I became closed off myself for a few years and while you may think it protects you, all it really does is isolate you from what's good in the world. It's a fight not to become jaded, but it's worth it. I love the lyrics to Pink Floyd's song 'Hey You' for this reason, it perfectly encapsulates this feeling.
  • Purpose.
     Reply #14 - October 29, 2017, 10:07 PM

Evolutionary purpose of life is to produce as many kids as you can.
    Impregnate as many women as you can.

And muzzies are quite successful in that.
  • Purpose.
     Reply #15 - October 30, 2017, 08:50 AM

NOT TRUE..

why women?    we can make  .. we anmakebabies without women..

[/quote]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwrxxrn9-G8

Johnee   Johnee   hey hey Johnee
    Johnee Johnee  ohha......... ohha Johnee ...

• Purpose.
     Reply #16 - October 31, 2017, 01:22 AM

Yeah. Bullshit. For all the single Muslim men I know who are unmarried and not in some sort of relationship I call bullshit.
    Don't get stereotypical or insulting.

• Purpose.
     Reply #17 - October 31, 2017, 01:23 AM

I wish I could "love" this post above me, Three.

Thank you, that is very sweet of you.

• Purpose.
     Reply #18 - October 31, 2017, 01:24 AM

No, that was perfect. You are very right, I became closed off myself for a few years and while you may think it protects you, all it really does is isolate you from what's good in the world. It's a fight not to become jaded, but it's worth it. I love the lyrics to Pink Floyd's song 'Hey You' for this reason, it perfectly encapsulates this feeling.

Yes you can't give into the impulse to stay in your own little capsule. It does no good for anyone.

• Purpose.
     Reply #19 - November 01, 2017, 06:22 PM

Well Yeez I didn't really understand the "Rejectimony" video

What is the purpose  of this folder and the question in it dear Aqua?
    Is it to create purpose in life of those who are reading this folder?
    Is it to create doubt about once own's  life hence why to live life?
    Do you  or your friend  like to find the purpose in   life?
    what do and your friend think about Human's place in this vast universe

Purpose is to sit here and stare out the window at the leaves falling from changing trees
    Purpose is to learn about other people and myself and grow and change like those trees
    We find purpose in the air and the trees and the voices and the leaves
    What do we think about the human's place in this vast universe?
    Our lives are insignificant and precious and rare and also undeniably just a period of existence between periods of non existence
    Fleeting moments in the great great universe
    We are stardust, we shine like stars, and like everything else, stars must also die...

A for Atheist
    A for Apostate
    A for Anonymous
    A for Aqua
  • Purpose.
     Reply #20 - November 01, 2017, 09:04 PM

Yeah. Bullshit. For all the single Muslim men I know who are unmarried and not in some sort of relationship I call bullshit.
    Don't get stereotypical or insulting.

Men who you know are either upper middle class or upper class westernized so called muslims.
    I am talking about muslims living in Muslim countries who take haidths literally.
    And Muhammad commanded them to increase their millat-e-islamiya.
    So I can't be disrespectful to Muslims??
    What about muslims, who call ex.muslims kuffars,harami & pigs.

Anyways, I was not that disrespectful & that's not my intention too.
  • Purpose.
     Reply #21 - November 02, 2017, 04:08 PM

I am talking about muslims living in Muslim countries who take haidths literally.

Johnee  ..... Johnee Oh Johnee..

So  what do you get by being   disrespectful to Muslim  folks  who never disrespected you BY SELECTIVELY READING/QUOTING  SOME BULLSHIT from hadith??

• Purpose.
     Reply #22 - November 02, 2017, 04:17 PM

Oh my goodness gracious I missed this .,  I must change a bit  and store it in hard disk
    Purpose is to sit here and stare out the window
    watch the leaves falling from changing trees
    Purpose is to learn from people and
    learn about myself
     and grow ,  change the way trees are changing

Yes.. let us  find purpose in the air
     find purpose in the  the trees
    and find purpose in  the leaves  
    that change the color In autumn and spring,  preceding the other,  

What is there think about the human's place in this vast universe?
    Our lives are insignificant and yet precious and rare within its life time
    We are undeniably coupled to a period of existence between periods of non existence
    We live our lives in Fleeting moments in this  great vast  universe
    Indeed we are stardust and we can shine like stars,
    It is all with in you and like stars one day we too  will die.
    We are stardust and we live forever in Start dust

......Aqua....

well  I should read  again...

• Purpose.
     Reply #23 - November 02, 2017, 08:46 PM

-Leo Tolstoy

Written, no doubt before his discovery of and commitment to the Christian God and charity toward the poor and unfortunate.  This tone can be fond in abundance in his Sebastopol Short Stories.    And yet, despite the above quotation his novels (which he despised and wanted nothing to do with in the later religious stage of his life) live on forever.  So Tolstoy apparently got this wrong.

• Purpose.
     Reply #24 - November 03, 2017, 12:59 AM

Men who you know are either upper middle class or upper class westernized so called muslims.

Anyways, I was not that disrespectful & that's not my intention too.

"Men who you know are.."you don't know who I know. I said what I meant and I meant what I said. Don't be making such assumptions in the digital age. You seriously think I am drawing on my neighborhood for my references?
    No, you can't go around in life retaliating and reacting. You have to have some sort of sense of self. You very certainly can not be disrespectful to any person, no matter their religion. There is no difference between them and you. Disrespecting another is disrespecting yourself.

• Purpose.
     Reply #25 - November 03, 2017, 06:45 AM

Written, no doubt before his discovery of and commitment to the Christian God and charity toward the poor and unfortunate.  This tone can be fond in abundance in his Sebastopol Short Stories.    And yet, despite the above quotation his novels (which he despised and wanted nothing to do with in the later religious stage of his life) live on forever. So Tolstoy apparently got this wrong.

Who knows who is right and who is wrong dear Unifier? I know I was  wrong many times  .,  Tolstoy could be wrong .. Christian god followers could be wrong or The  CREATORS OF THE CHRISTIAN  god could be wrong ..  or modern messiahs such as Unification Church Moonies could be wrong

You see some times on this earth   very intelligent people  create   poor and unfortunate so they can exploit these  poor on this earth and as well Imagine a heavenly seat  in imaginary heavens  ...    

well let me watch this movie The Notebook 2004

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2bcves

• Purpose.
     Reply #26 - November 03, 2017, 01:47 PM

Are you my official site minder?

• Purpose.
     Reply #27 - November 03, 2017, 02:29 PM

Are you my official site minder?

Well someone has  to do something in life to help people like you dear  Unifier  Cheesy .. otherwise  god/gods/sonofgods  /uncles of gods.....etc... may get upset  and send me to hell....

• Purpose.
     Reply #28 - November 03, 2017, 05:19 PM

Don't be making such assumptions in the digital age.

Yes digital age.
    And now we are entering in robotic age.
    Age of Artifical Intelligence.
    Robots gonna do work for us, while we can sit back in homes, & have fun.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »