Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Tariq Ramadan Accused of Rape

(Read 7311 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Tariq Ramadan Accused of Rape
     OP - October 21, 2017, 02:26 PM

The author who is an islamic reformist describes her encounters with Tariq Ramadan in this piece for the New York Times.

Not only that, Ayari, who claims Ramadan threatened her and her children if she ever spoke about his treatment of her, filed an official complaint of rape, sexual assault, harassment and intimidation with a French prosecutor.
    Ramadan did not return numerous attempts by Women in the World to reach him for comment.

In her Facebook post, Ayari notes, “I will go all the way with this fight whatever it costs me.”

She recounts how she corresponded regularly with this “preacher theologian,” seeking “ethical and religious guidance” — until the day when he allegedly assaulted her. “It is very hard but I feel relieved,” she wrote. “I felt the need to speak also for all the other victims. I really hope that other women victims, like me, will dare to speak and denounce this perverse guru who uses religion to manipulate women!”

http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womenintheworld/2017/10/20/is-this-the-harvey-weinstein-of-conservative-islam/

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #1 - October 21, 2017, 05:02 PM

The author who is an islamic reformist describes her encounters with Tariq Ramadan in this piece for the New York Times.

http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womenintheworld/2017/10/20/is-this-the-harvey-weinstein-of-conservative-islam/

well Henda Ayari must have every right to expose Tariq Ramadan or any one who may have  used/abused  her  when she was  Salafi islamiya Muslimah  But ..but that heading from AMRIKA NEWS does not appear to be a correct one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wHl-HqOkRI

that paper says this under his picture

Could this be the Harvey Weinstein of Islam?

That is nonsense.. either they have to prove it or Tariq Ramadan  has the right to sue that newspaper ..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - October 21, 2017, 05:18 PM

Opps   that news   clip is written by   Asra Q. Nomani....... well I stand with Asra in all her  writings/books/posts   but  she should not  have put that heading ..  Mr. Juice case is  at different level

Oscar-winning actress Lupita Nyong'o has accused movie mogul Harvey Weinstein of harassment.

Mr.  Juice should be called as Prophet SODOM.... nah  SODOR is better nick

Reply #3 - October 22, 2017, 08:18 PM

Innocent until proven guilty.
     Reply #4 - October 23, 2017, 01:17 PM

^

Of course.  If it turns out to be true and he gets arrested the muslim community are going to go through a real disillusionment with the religious leadership.

Especially since this is coming on the heels of the Nouman Ali Khan scandal.

Reply #5 - October 25, 2017, 05:07 AM

If many atheist dudes could defend Michael Shermer and engage in victim blaming what makes you think "Muslim community "  will care and won't do the same thing. Rape culture is everywhere so long as patriarchy is the norms even within the atheist community that is supposed to be an exemplary model in supporting feminist cause

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #6 - October 25, 2017, 01:28 PM

^

Well Nouman Ali Khan just got ex communicated by pretty much the entire sunni establishment in the west over his "indiscretions" . He didn't rape anyone he basically seemed to have promised marriage if they slept with him.

Tariq Ramadan actually has a legal charge of rape against him so it's not unnreasonable to expect he would also get ex communicated.

Reply #7 - October 25, 2017, 01:29 PM

It's been years since I stopped closely following the new atheist community (alot of atheist figures are immature when it comes to politics)  so I don't know the details of whats going on with Shermer.

Reply #8 - October 25, 2017, 01:42 PM

It's been years since I stopped closely following the new atheist community (alot of atheist figures are immature when it comes to politics)  so I don't know the details of whats going on with Shermer.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/features/2017/10/22/Who-is-Henda-Ayari-the-woman-accusing-Islamist-Tariq-Ramadan-of-rape-.html

what  Henda Ayari accusing Mr. Tariq Ramadan  could easily be investigated....

In her book “I chose to be free” about her escape from Salafism in France, Ayari mentions an Islamic intellectual who raped her and referred to him as “Zubair”.

It turns out that the mentioned - according to her - is Tariq Ramadan, as per explosive claims she made on her Facebook page in recent days.

Ayari has published the book to tell her story of how she decided to abandon the Salafi approach and take off her hijab to live as a “free” Muslim more than a year ago.

Hind said that she followed the 55-year-old Oxford university professor of Contemporary Islamic Studies and listened to his religious and social advice on social media.

In her memoir, Ayari details how her alleged assailant invited her to meet him at a hotel in Paris in 2012, where he was taking part in a conference.

Ramadan gave a lecture aside of the Federation of Islamic Organizations conference in Paris, then invited Ayari to his room in the hotel, she said that he took advantage of her weakness to hug and kiss her. When she refused – as per her story – he slapped her violently.

Her book reads:
    ‘When I resisted, when I told him to stop, he insulted and humiliated me. He slapped me and was outright violent. I saw someone who was no longer in control of himself. I was scared he would kill me. I wanted to escape but at the same time I couldn’t believe what was happening.

“I started to cry and he said to me: ‘So honey, you’re whining are you? Stop pretending you don’t like it. You didn’t know what a real man was like before. Well, now you do.”

well I haven't read the books but that is what the news link says ..  simple question to start with  is .. Did she go to hotel?.. did she talk to Mr. Ramadan?? .. did he remember anything that she visited him in that conference hotel??

Reply #9 - October 25, 2017, 02:41 PM

^

Well Nouman Ali Khan just got ex communicated by pretty much the entire sunni establishment in the west over his "indiscretions" . He didn't rape anyone he basically seemed to have promised marriage if they slept with him.

Tariq Ramadan actually has a legal charge of rape against him so it's not unnreasonable to expect he would also get ex communicated.

You mean boycott. Islam or Sunni doesn't have central authority like Catholic to excomunnicate but I get your drift.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #10 - October 25, 2017, 04:35 PM

^

yeah I meant boycott. My mind was kinda blanking on the right word to use.

Reply #11 - October 25, 2017, 09:10 PM

^

These two are different, and occupy different positions. Take careful note of this as you analyze ongoing reactions to both of them.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #12 - October 26, 2017, 12:16 AM

^

Of course.  If it turns out to be true and he gets arrested the muslim community are going to go through a real disillusionment with the religious leadership.

Especially since this is coming on the heels of the Nouman Ali Khan scandal.

A lot of people are very quick to assume guilt. Toss in Weinstein as well. The media frenzy too. 
     Reply #13 - October 30, 2017, 09:09 PM

French police investigating second allegation of rape made against Oxford professor  says News from telegraph.co.uk  with this picture

French prosecutors are investigating allegations by two women who say they were raped by an Oxford University professor.  Professor of Islamic Studies Tariq Ramadan vehemently denies the allegations. ​

One woman, Henda Ayari, confirmed last week to The Telegraph that she had filed complaints against Prof Ramadan of rape, sexual assault, violence, harassment and intimidation with the prosecutor's office in Rouen, northern France.

Now police say two complaints are being investigated. ..................The second woman - a convert to Islam - has alleged that she was raped by Prof Ramadan in the Hilton hotel in Lyon in 2009.

The woman told Le Monde that he had suggested they go to his room because "everyone is looking at us". Once inside, she said he had kicked away crutches she was using due to an injured leg and "jumped on me".

"You kept me waiting now you will pay dear," she alleged he said. The woman alleged she was violently assaulted, receiving slaps to the "face, arms and breasts" and punches to the stomach, before being raped, including with "an object".

He then dragged her to the bathroom by her hair and urinated on her, she alleged.

She went straight to a doctor and has medical evidence of her assault, she alleges.

The unnamed complainant said she later received a text message from Prof Ramadan asking to see her again "as if we had spent a wonderfully romantic and tender evening together"..  After she refused she alleged she was subjected to "months of harassment and threats from men who followed me in the street; one threatened to kill me".

Prof Ramadan denounced the allegations as "a campaign of slander clearly orchestrated by my long-time adversaries".   He had already filed a complaint for slander and defamation against Ms Ayari and said he would do the same against the second woman.

Prof Ramadan, the grandson of the founder of the Muslim Brotherhood, was chosen by Tony Blair, the former prime minister, to work on a task force to help tackle extremism in the UK after the 7/7 attacks in London in 2005.

A spokesman for Oxford University last week said: "We are aware of these reports and are taking them extremely seriously. We are not in a position to comment further at this time."

Respected in the UK as a scholar who is not a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, Mr Ramadan is a deeply controversial figure in France, where some have accused him of wishing to pursue rigorist political Islam in the West through stealth.

well whatever  that is the news..

Reply #14 - November 08, 2017, 12:00 AM

More allegations: https://tendancecoatesy.wordpress.com/2017/11/06/tariq-ramadan-still-at-oxford-accused-of-sexual-relations-with-his-underage-students-in-switzerland/amp/
     Reply #15 - November 08, 2017, 07:54 AM

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41908582

Tariq Ramadan: Oxford scholar takes leave after rape allegations

The prominent Islamic scholar Tariq Ramadan is taking a leave of absence from Oxford University following rape and sexual misconduct allegations. He is under investigation in France over two allegations of rape.

He has also been accused by four Swiss women of making sexual advances towards them while they were students in Geneva. He denies all the allegations. The decision was mutually agreed and implied no presumption of guilt, the university said in a statement.

"By mutual agreement, and with immediate effect, Tariq Ramadan, Professor of Contemporary Islamic Studies, has taken a leave of absence from the University of Oxford," the statement said. The university went on to acknowledge that the accusations against the professor had caused "heightened and understandable distress".

"An agreed leave of absence implies no presumption or acceptance of guilt and allows Professor Ramadan to address the extremely serious allegations made against him, all of which he categorically denies," it said.

One of Mr Ramadan's accusers, Henda Ayari, told French media that he assaulted her in a Paris hotel in 2012, saying he "literally pounced on me like a wild animal" and she thought she "was going to die". A second accuser, a disabled woman who has remained anonymous, said Mr Ramadan beat her and raped her multiple times in a hotel in Lyon in 2009.........................  .

Reply #16 - November 08, 2017, 08:00 AM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/06/charlie-hebdo-reports-death-threats-tariq-ramadan-sixth-pillar/

Charlie Hebdo receives death threats over Tariq Ramadan front page

....Clearly  poking  fun of rogues in Islam is important but did that magazine do similar cartoon on that American  movie mogul Juicy juice?

Reply #17 - December 15, 2017, 02:09 PM

Any updates on the case....cant find much on the internet
     Reply #18 - April 05, 2018, 01:13 PM

Any updates on the case....cant find much on the internet

here Philowolf .... to day's   news
    https://www.dawn.com/news/1399753/islamic-scholar-tariq-ramadan-paid-woman-for-silence

Islamic scholar Tariq Ramadan 'paid woman for silence'

The prominent Islamic scholar Tariq Ramadan, detained in France over rape allegations, paid a woman to stay silent about their relationship in 2015, the Belgian judiciary said.

Ramadan, 55, paid the Belgian-Moroccan woman 27,000 euros to stop posting details about their affair online, Luc Hennart, president of the Court of First Instance in Brussels, confirmed to AFP on Wednesday...

read it all at link

Reply #19 - April 13, 2018, 04:39 PM

Fresh rape allegations levelled against Islamic scholar Tariq Ramadan   says  today's Dawn news  April 13, 2018         

Prominent Islamic scholar Tariq Ramadan, who is in French detention over several rape allegations, is facing a new accusation of rape, this time in Switzerland, a Swiss daily reported Friday.

A Swiss woman is pressing criminal charges against Ramadan, 55, alleging he raped her and held her against her will for several hours in a Geneva hotel room a decade ago, the Tribune de Geneve (TdG) daily reported.

When contacted by AFP, the woman's lawyer Romain Jordan confirmed that criminal charges had been filed in Geneva on Friday, but said he did not want to make any further comments at this stage.

“We are confident in our case,” he said.  The alleged victim, who was not identified, is not the first to accuse Ramadan.

The prominent TV pundit and Oxford University professor, whose grandfather founded Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood movement, was detained by a French court in February over charges that he raped two Muslim women in France.
    A third woman has since made further allegations of rape. Ramadan denies all the charges.

One of European Islam's best-known figures, he has dismissed the accusations against him as a smear campaign by his enemies and his lawyers argue there are inconsistencies in the women's accounts.

In the fresh case, TdG reported it had seen a 13-page transcript of the alleged Swiss victim's testimony, in which she accused Ramadan of attacking and raping her in a hotel room in 2008.

The woman, a convert to Islam who was around 40 years old at the time, had been having family difficulties and had sought out the eminent Muslim scholar who like her grew up in Geneva, according to the paper.

After meeting him at a book signing in Geneva in 2008, she had begun corresponding with him via social media and voiced interested in attending a conference he was planning in the city.

But as the conference was private, she said Ramadan -- who is also a Swiss national -- had offered to meet her for coffee and what she thought would be a recap of the event.

Instead, he lured her up to his hotel room, where she said he attacked her, raping her and holding her in the room for hours, TdG reported.

“I was afraid I was going to die. I was terrified and paralysed,” she said in the testimony, according to the paper.

The woman, who said she had been too afraid at the time to go to the police, said she had been emboldened to step forward now by the large number of women who have accused Ramadan of sexual misconduct, TdG said.

well that is the news...

Reply #20 - September 16, 2018, 07:53 PM

The man is back in the news .   and today's news in Dawn says

Swiss open rape case against Tariq Ramadan

Prosecutors in Geneva have opened a rape and sexual misconduct investigation against Islamic scholar Tariq Ramadan, who has been detained in France since February on separate rape charges, Swiss media reported on Sunday.

The Tribune de Geneve newspaper quoted Geneva's prosecutor's office spokesman Henri Della Casa as saying that authorities had decided to open a formal criminal inquiry into allegations that Ramadan raped a woman in a Geneva hotel in 2008.

“I confirm the opening of an inquiry,” the paper quoted Della Casa as saying, a key step that indicated the authorities believed the allegations merit further investigation. The accuser lodged her complaint in April. “The prosecutors and Geneva police have worked quickly and worked well,” Romain Jordan, the lawyer representing Ramadan's Swiss accuser, told AFP in an email.

He described the decision to open a criminal inquiry as “a major advance” that “demonstrates the seriousness of the allegations made by our client.” Ramadan, a Swiss citizen whose grandfather founded Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood movement, has not yet been interviewed by Swiss prosecutors.

Jordan said that following the opening of a criminal case, Swiss investigators will now have to travel to France to hear Ramadan's side of the alleged rape. The 56-year-old scholar, a prominent and controversial figure within Islam, has denied criminal wrongdoing in connection with the French charges.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKP4V9o_D7Y

well that is today's news and swiss case appears to be new case....

Reply #21 - October 23, 2018, 02:30 PM

Oxford Islamic scholar Ramadan claims consensual sex in French rape case  Says news with his picture

PARIS: Leading Islamic scholar Tariq Ramadan, charged with raping two women in France, claimed on Monday that he had consensual sex with both of them after previously denying any physical contact.  Ramadan, a well-known TV commentator, has strongly denied accusations that he raped the women in hotel rooms as an attempted smear by his opponents.

His lawyer Emmanuel Marsigny said the Swiss academic had changed his account of what happened on the basis of text messages that have emerged between him and his two accusers.

The messages “show that the plaintiffs lied and that the sexual encounters were wanted, consensual and even sought again afterwards”, Marsigny said. The unearthing of these messages “has allowed him to acknowledge that he had sexual relations” with the women, Marsigny said.

Ramadan, accused of raping the women in 2009 and 2012, has been in custody since Feb 2. He previously insisted he had no sexual contact with his two accusers, feminist activist Henda Ayari and a disabled woman known in media reports as “Christelle”.

Ramadan was a professor at Oxford University until he was forced to take leave when the rape allegations surfaced at the height of the “Me Too” movement late last year.

Detailed fantasies

Last month a computer expert working on the investigation retrieved 399 text messages between Ramadan and Christelle, whom he is accused of raping in a Lyon hotel room in 2009. The text messages detailed his violent sexual fantasies ahead of the alleged attack.

But Christelle’s lawyers have argued in court that the messages showed their sexual encounter was non-consensual, and that Ramadan was aware of it.

Records show that he wrote to her afterwards: “I sensed your unease ... apologies for my ‘violence’.” Ramadan previously said his only face-to-face contact with Christelle was a drink in the hotel bar, describing her as a “compulsive liar”.

But her lawyer Eric Morain said on Monday that Ramadan had been “lying for 11 months” while “beating his chest and presenting himself as a hero of the truth”.

Ramadan’s lawyers have also provided details of his exchanges with Ayari, whom he is accused of raping in a Paris hotel in 2012.

The 56-year-old has also been accused of raping a woman in Switzerland, with a prosecutor due to travel from the neighbouring country to question him.

The married father of four, whose grandfather founded Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood, has repeatedly sought bail arguing that being in prison is making it difficult to treat his multiple sclerosis.

The courts have so far rejected his requests, ruling that he can receive adequate treatment in the prison hospital at Fresnes in the southern Paris suburbs.

WELL THAT IS TODAY'S NEWS...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuvy9kPybXg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKmwzqo5XTc

YOU IDIOT ..  wolf in sheep clothes .. religion  most often helps criminal minded  scoundrels to get high positions and become pedophiles and sex obsessed rogues ..   some good people at the end of their life get frustrated and write  confessional books/stories like that Mother Theresa   of India or live & die like hypocrites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhdUQ4htIqA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWSU9Y2Fa8E

well  fun to watch that guy..RIP  forever golden words

Reply #22 - August 03, 2019, 04:23 PM

The other side of the story.

Quote from:
    At the heart of the Tariq Ramadan case, a multitude of notorious intellectual opponents are suspected of collusion.

https://blogs.mediapart.fr/marianne-france/blog/240719/tariq-ramadan-case-between-obvious-collusion-and-political-set

Quote from:
    The meeting between the Swiss plaintiff and Tariq Ramadan took place on 28 October 2008, during a conference. The rape allegedly took place as the plaintiff claimed in Ramadan’s hotel room while, she claims, she was helping him carry an ironing board. This most implausible story evolves by reproducing the same sceneries as those described by Paule-Emma Aline and then by Henda Ayari (after three different versions). The French file now reveals that Paule-Emma Aline attended the professor's conference and was never locked up in the hotel room, as she claims. The subsequent text messages she sent to him prove that "the scene of rape" was invented by the plaintiff. Like Henda Ayari (who did not remember the place, the date, or the chronology of events), the Swiss plaintiff seems to have repeated Paule-Emma Aline's version to give more credibility to her own story and to add more "concordant indications". Yet, the investigation revealed how far-fetched her version was.

https://blogs.mediapart.fr/marianne-france/blog/280719/tariq-ramadan-inconsistencies-and-revelations-swiss-file
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »