Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Islam and equality. How will you respond to this?

(Read 2234 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Islam and equality. How will you respond to this?
     OP - October 20, 2017, 07:18 PM

https://www.quora.com/What-is-Islams-view-on-the-equality-of-men-and-women/answer/Cassandra-Strand?share=d3c9a6a7&srid=3CUYw
     Reply #1 - October 21, 2017, 06:12 PM

https://www.quora.com/What-is-Islams-view-on-the-equality-of-men-and-women/answer/Cassandra-Strand?share=d3c9a6a7&srid=3CUYw

..................So, first the issue of Equality between men and women in Islam is divided into two parts one is the spiritual/soul and the other is the earthly/physical.  In the spiritual sense Islam views everyone as exactly the same.  All souls are judged individually for they own deeds and beliefs.  Nobody's soul is responsible for another's actions.  It mentions specifically the man and woman are created from the same soul and also that we are each half of that soul.  In the eyes of God our spiritual selves are equal to one another and carry the same weight and and responsibility for following the rules of our religion.

"He  created  you  from  one   soul.  Then  He  made  from  it  its  mate,  and  He  produced  for  you  from  the  grazing  livestock  eight  mates.  He  creates  you  in  the   wombs  of  your  mothers, creation  after  creation,  within  three   darknesses.  That  is Allah ,  your  Lord;  to  Him belongs  dominion.   There  is  no  deity  except  Him,  so  how  are  you  averted?"~ Qur'an: Surat Az-Zumar (39):6

and

"It  is  He  who  created  you   from  one  soul  and  created  from  it  its  mate  that  he  might   dwell in  security  with  her.  And  when  he  covers  her,  she   carries  a  light  burden  and  continues therein.  And  when  it   becomes  heavy,  they  both  invoke Allah ,  their  Lord,  "If  You   should give  us  a  good  [child],  we  will  surely  be  among  the   grateful." ~ Quran: Surat Al-Araf (7):189

Now the more complicated part is that of the worldly/physical aspect.  In this Islam does not give men and women equality it gives them instead equity.  First lets consider the meaning of each of these words "Equality/Equal" and "Equitable/Equity"
    Equality is the state of being equal.  Equal is defined as being the same.
    Equitable is having or exhibiting equity.  Equity is defined as fairness of justness in the way people are treated.

Now western society has told us that equal is better but personally I think Equitable is better.  We are not all equal and the same.  Some people are handicapped, some poor, some rich, some fat some thin, some smart, some dumb.  We have different skills, different experiences, different ideas, different coping mechanisms.  Islam is a system that deals in fairness and justice.  This is the way that things are divided between the sexes because man does not equal woman.  We are not the same.  A man can not conceive and carry a baby, he cannot birth a baby, and without much difficulty and possibly hormone treatments he cannot breastfed a baby (I have read some stories of men who conditioned their bodies to lactate to nurse their baby but this is not a natural state), they don not have menses, etc...  Because we are different and can never be truly equal in the worldly physical sense we are given equity.  In an equitable division we are given a fair division.  

Women's roles are indeed more focused on home and children because our bodies and disposition are naturally more attuned to the role of child birth and child rearing.  Men are as a whole generally physically stronger and better at the hunting role and the provider role.  Men are given head of household but in exchange for getting the final say in matters they also must be the protectors and providers.  Women can have their own income and savings and have no obligation to share it with their spouse who is essentially responsible for all necessary upkeep and maintenance of his family.  In Islam it really is essentially that What's hers is hers and what's his is hers.  Men have many obligations to women Islamically which offset the factors that outwardly and individually may seem to be unfair or unequal.  Islam also elevates women.  For example Islam says that heaven is beneath our Mothers feet.  We should love, honor, and respect our mothers 3 times as much as our fathers because of the hardships they endure in carrying us in the womb and raising us.  Women are considered half of the deen (religion) for a man.  Raising a good Muslim daughter is said to be a ticket into Jannah (heaven).  In many ways one could say that because of this Islam perhaps is favorable to women than men.

That is from  Cassandra Strand, A Muslim Convert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAZ7UpYPqVE

why are you crying dear Cassandra? It is OK to covert to Islam ..It is just a faith .. YOU AND EVERY ONE MUST HAVE FREEDOM to convert revert go out   go in  whatever

Now the more complicated part is that of the worldly/physical aspect.  In this Islam does not give men and women equality it gives them instead equity.  First lets consider the meaning of each of these words "Equality/Equal" and "Equitable/Equity"  ...  Cassandra Strand,

well read Quran dear Cassandra.,  make that as your basis of YOUR  Islamic faith

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - October 22, 2017, 09:11 AM

Lmaooo why is that women mostly convert to Islam?  women are emotionally weak
     Reply #3 - October 22, 2017, 09:40 AM

Lmaooo why is that women mostly convert to Islam?  women are emotionally weak

I would disagree with you on that but you may be saying that because you have often seen little girls cry easily...or you are NOT defining the word Human emotionS ..  properly..

Anyways to know why  girl/women  like Cassandra cry easily?   you should   read her Quora   Q&A profile

Reply #4 - October 22, 2017, 10:06 AM

I read go through her profile. May I know what's your point?
     Reply #5 - October 22, 2017, 02:05 PM

I read go through her profile. May I know what's your point?

" I read go through her profile"...  So  says  our dear  Thedarkknight89.,    

well my point was  by reading what she wrote on her profile., I am under the impression people  will figure out why girls like that change their faith and move in to Islam ,  After all  She was a wonderful nice Christian Girl . And after she becoming Muslim,  She still is nice and same person...

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »