Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: One Question to beat them all

(Read 4143 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • One Question to beat them all
     OP - October 20, 2017, 02:37 PM

https://www.unilad.co.uk/life/guy-destroys-anti-abortion-argument-with-one-simple-question/

What do you guys think? Iam sure some christain or muslim apologitic will snake his way out of the question and pull a frodo?
     Reply #1 - October 20, 2017, 08:37 PM

Environment limited scenario. The question is simply stupid. Lets rephrase it. There is a fire. There is an senior woman and a 5 years old trapped. Which one do you save? If you save the child someone will point out the senior died.If you save the senior someone will point out you left the child to die. More so if this was set in an abortion scenario you must kill either the senior or child, whichever you didn't save, on your way out.  It is a lose/lose scenario thus a loaded question and a value assessment not a human assessment. Remember which side assign no value, no human rights nor even basic humanity to the fetus. It isn't the christian or muslim. It people that act in a dumb way that do not face the consequences of their actions.

Again this question was made by an idiot. Remember the abortion arguments are about whether killing a fetus is wrong or not.
     Reply #2 - October 20, 2017, 08:40 PM

I would save the 5 year old over the 1000 viable embryos
     Reply #3 - October 20, 2017, 08:41 PM

But I get what your saying
     Reply #4 - October 20, 2017, 08:49 PM

I would save the 5 year old over the 1000 viable embryos

Well I can throw out more made up scenarios that have nothing to do with abortion as this question does.

What if those 1000 all had surrogate mothers waiting. Delivery was the next day. If you save the 1k embryos you saved 1k lives at the cost of one.
     Reply #5 - October 20, 2017, 08:49 PM

The question is about value not abortion. People that get abortions treating their children as having no values is on them.
     Reply #6 - October 20, 2017, 08:52 PM

As you have prob gused i dont give a fetus value (dont agree with late stage abortion) the same way contraseption if a form of abortion for some.
     Reply #7 - October 20, 2017, 08:53 PM

I am anti-abortion so I obviously disagree.
     Reply #8 - October 20, 2017, 08:59 PM

I used to be 100% anti abortion even when i became Atheist....but then I asked why I drew the line at preganxy and not contraception or further back and relised that it was mainly emotional for me not any reason I could come up with other than giving value to potenial life which I realised is gona be an arbatary value every person will have a different red line on.....i am against any late stage abortions so agree in that regard with UK abortion laws but not late stage.  adoption if needed but early stage other than a philosophical view point I no longer hold dont see a prob with but any late stage is a no no
     Reply #9 - October 20, 2017, 09:03 PM

I.e the gap between potenial and Life bust be reasonably close for me to be anti-abortion.

Reply #10 - October 20, 2017, 10:29 PM

I used to be 100% anti abortion even when i became Atheist....but then I asked why I drew the line at preganxy and not contraception or further back and relised that it was mainly emotional for me not any reason I could come up with other than giving value to potenial life which I realised is gona be an arbatary value every person will have a different red line on.....i am against any late stage abortions so agree in that regard with UK abortion laws but not late stage.  adoption if needed but early stage other than a philosophical view point I no longer hold dont see a prob with but any late stage is a no no

Most contraception does not function as early abortion in any manner.

Arbitrary personal values is how people treated slaves inhumanely.

Why is late stage acceptable but not early?

Reply #11 - October 20, 2017, 10:34 PM

I dont belive life begins at contraception but after 24 weeks most standards to consider the fetus alive are met.
     Reply #12 - October 20, 2017, 10:40 PM

I give my view on the matter on my thread "Death penalty and abortion". Views on abortion come after views on the death penalty.

https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=28359.0

Curious to see people's thoughts.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #13 - October 22, 2017, 07:08 PM

I dont belive life begins at contraception but after 24 weeks most standards to consider the fetus alive are met.

Except the fact that conception is a mechanic of life. It is not a bunch of inorganic chemicals forming life in a pool but two organisms that combine to form a new one. It is process of life already. So what you mean is you believe in a definition of the word that no one else does. You have made up your own definition without any argument why it is correct compared to existing ones and called it a day..
     Reply #14 - October 22, 2017, 07:34 PM

A process for life is not life itself.....so again...no evidence other than potenal life which is not a good enough reason not to abort at that stage for me
     Reply #15 - October 22, 2017, 07:39 PM

I give my view on the matter on my thread "Death penalty and abortion". Views on abortion come after views on the death penalty.

Mate which guy is you?
     Reply #16 - October 22, 2017, 07:43 PM

I agree for the most part with RavenLovercaft
     Reply #17 - October 22, 2017, 08:11 PM

[/quote]
    A process for life is not life itself.....so again...no evidence other than potenal life which is not a good enough reason not to abort at that stage for me

Except the process includes interactions of forms of life already. Sperm and eggs are not primordial ooze in which a bunch of random chemicals "luck out" to form life.
     Reply #18 - October 22, 2017, 08:12 PM

Death penalties are a result of an actions taken by an individual in question. Abortion is completely different. The fetus did nothing. It is the result of typically a series of poor choices by two individuals not the fetus itself.
     Reply #19 - October 22, 2017, 09:52 PM

............. It is the result of typically a series of poor choices by two individuals not the fetus itself................

well  bogart  I am under the impression that WHO WILL LIVE or WHO WILL DIE    is all God's  choice 

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #20 - February 08, 2018, 01:50 PM

Sweet, as that is me. dance

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #21 - February 08, 2018, 02:30 PM

The question is about value not abortion. People that get abortions treating their children as having no values is on them.

Now that a few months have gone by, do you still hold this view? You're an intelligent bloke, am I giving you too much credit thinking you realise that no woman in her right mind pranced along to an abortion appointment with a spring in her step and a song in her heart? At least not a neurologically sound one.

Seriously, I'm asking, what woman in her right mind doesn't recognise the potential value of the unborn?

Reply #22 - February 08, 2018, 03:11 PM

What do you disagree with?

Reply #23 - March 09, 2018, 01:42 PM

I don't understand why some have such a binary, black and white view on abortion. There is clearly a difference between the moment of conception and what is at 8 or 9 months, and what happens in between is not on/off but a long line of gradual changes... The debate surely should revolve more around this point more than anything else.

The notion that women that abort don't value children is a hasty generalisation and not a fair analysis either. It can also be said that a woman may value a child's overall well being to the point where they may prevent conception or abort until they are ready to have a child. We have VERY strong biological instincts to procreate even though we may not be in the best position to do so, and sometimes contraception doesn't always quite work 100%- these need to be taken into consideration.

You can argue that perhaps one should just keep their legs closed, or use abstinence- anyone that's gone down that road knows all too well that also has its risks- what it can do to your mind is unbelievable. If you've lived in a sexually repressed atmosphere, you start thinking and doing all kinds of crazy stuff, I've been down that road and it is NOT HEALTHY. 

It seems that if you're anti abortion, then you should be the strongest possible advocate of contraception to prevent pregnancies, maybe even support early abortion at least up to the week, at least you'd be for this for rape victims, At LEAST. You would also need to be an ardent supporter of providing resources or the environment in which soon to be mothers will feel comfortable and the child also. This usually entails state/government funds.

Unfortunately I have noticed particularly with the American strain of anti abortionists, they don't like preventing abortions via condoms, nor are they fond of the morning after pill, nor support soon to be mothers- the support may be up to birth but after that you're alone. Maybe this may not be your position.

Just my humble opinion =/
     Reply #24 - March 09, 2018, 03:16 PM

+What Tonk said Afro
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »