Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Alcohol

(Read 11544 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Alcohol
     OP - October 08, 2017, 09:31 PM

I like fruit cider
    hate beer,meed and gin as they are bitter
    don't mind vodka shots as they are shots and love cocktails such as Very cherry (coke and cherry flav sprite or sprite with cherry coke ect)

not had any whiskey,bourbon,brandy or lager or any other alcohol.

any recommendations on what to try? how to like beer?

ive got a sweet tooth and hate bitter taste   
  • Alcohol
     Reply #1 - October 10, 2017, 03:06 AM

German coke. 1/2 beer, 1/2 coke. Also the easiest way to drink while underage at clubs. Making this gets you looks, though. People act like they have some sort of monopoly on the "right" way to get fucked up.
    Having a sweet tooth makes it easier to drink. Be careful with your mixing, hard liquor mixed with pop or fruit juice can creep up and slam you down too fast.
    There are other threads on here about alcohol and taste and etc and it is always far beyond me. We drank to get drunk and we drank the cheapest shit we could afford for the sake of volume. But maybe my experience was less civilized than y'alls.
    All the snobbery is probably hype.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Alcohol
     Reply #2 - October 10, 2017, 07:33 AM

German coke.....will keep that in mind.

I am legal age to drink in the UK
  • Alcohol
     Reply #3 - October 10, 2017, 07:39 AM

Any cool off the menu cocktails to order to make me look cool with my friends? cool2
  • Alcohol
     Reply #4 - October 10, 2017, 10:00 AM

To quote a friend of mine:

"Vodka is for making yummy things alcoholic."

When it comes to cocktails, it's very much down to individual taste. Gin, for example, I only like with certain kinds of drinks. A gin and lemonade usually sits right with me. And don't ask me why, but a lot of British gins go heavenly with Indian tonic water. There really is a whole world out there. I've met people who have sworn blind they hate certain drinks, and I've found types of those drinks they love. There are wines that are dry and nasty, some shitty wines that taste like vinegar, and others that you'd swear take you to heaven with a single sip. I opened a bottle of wine the other day and poured myself a glass. Within seconds, all I could taste was strawberry. The same it true for beers, ciders, liquors, etc. I thought for a while I hated vodka. I had a few brands that was like drinking petrol I've since found types that I can't get enough of.

As far as liquor goes, try a glass of Disaronno, and if you want to try the harder stuff, maybe Captain Morgan Spiced Rum. Both these drinks are good on their own if you're a fan of these styles. Both also go very well with coke. As a beginner, I would recommend you first try a Disaronno. Try a sip on it's own, then try it with coke or pepsi.

With beer, there are so many different types of drink that fall into the category. You've got not only different types of beer, but ales, stouts, etc. Don't go for the generic brands. You ever notice how no one on the planet Earth has ever took a sip of Fosters or Carling and said "Oh my god! This is fantastic! Have you tried this? You need to try this, it's delicious!" There's a reason this sentence has never been uttered.

Order a bottle of Desperado with a slice of either lemon or lime. I personally prefer lemon with this drink, but dealer's choice. It should be served to you with the lemon/lime squeezed into the bottle's funnel, so that with every sip the liquid of the fruit mixes with the beer. Lovely. Smiley If you're a fan of coffee and dark chocolate and want to try out a decent stout, try a London Black Cab. For a simple inoffensive beer, Rudders is a good choice, though it's quite mild.

Oh, and cider. You need to try cider. Proper cider mind. If you reply to this thread saying you drank a Strongbow, I will weep. Try a few different kinds of Kopparberg. I personally recommend the mixed fruit, but again, this is my preference, may not be yours. You can also stroll through any supermarket and see cans of pre-mixed drink. I like a lot of the Malibu's.

If you like, I can try and find you a few threads on this exact subject. You aren't the first to ask. I gave advice once and was told I should do it professionally. Grin

And keep in mind you can always go to a pub or bar or club and say to the barman/barmaid "I don't have a lot of experience with different types of drink.

I like fruit cider
    don't mind vodka shots as they are shots and love cocktails such as Very cherry (coke and cherry flav sprite or sprite with cherry coke ect)

ive got a sweet tooth and hate bitter taste".

Cheers! cheers sloshed

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Alcohol
     Reply #5 - October 10, 2017, 10:17 AM

I love Kopperberg and Rekorji...its what i drink most and have 9 cans of Kopperberg nixed fruit in the fridge  Afro

Tryed a gordon Gin and Tonic (schapes). It was not as bad but tge more i drank the less i liked that bitter lemon peel taste that warms the mouth near the end. Is that just this brand or are most gins like that? So far Gin is a drink I dont hate but does not get me  Cheesy.

I was gona try Jack Daniels first but ill put Desorano and Captain Morgan on the list.

• Alcohol
     Reply #6 - October 10, 2017, 10:20 AM

Plus I know lemonade and Cointreau orange are amazing for a cloudy lemonade
  • Alcohol
     Reply #7 - October 10, 2017, 10:24 AM

Plus the new Smirnoff ciders are quite good. There lest sweet and more light then other ciders
  • Alcohol
     Reply #8 - October 10, 2017, 10:40 AM

Tryed a gordon Gin and Tonic (schapes). It was not as bad but tge more i drank the less i liked that bitter lemon peel taste that warms the mouth near the end. Is that just this brand or are most gins like that? So far Gin is a drink I dont hate but does not get me  Cheesy.

Not really a gin fan, but I love a Gordon's London Dry. There are a few different styles, I prefer this one:

As soon as you crack it open, all you can smell is leaves. Not a fan of it on it's own, but it's lovely with a bit of lemonade or tonic water. Especially Indian tonic water.

But, as a born and raised Brit with a great appreciation for this country's drinking culture, I will say this. Know your limits. Drinking is fantastic. Drinking is wonderful. Getting pissed out your skull and falling into the gutter is just pathetic. Though that said, one winter I did walk, while pissed, to a 24/7 garage for fags. Slipped on the ice and fell right onto my arse. Got up, continued walking, got my fags, went home and soon after went to bed. Woke up the next morning with my right arse cheek hurting, took me half an hour to remember slipping on the ice. Ahh, teenage years.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Alcohol
     Reply #9 - October 10, 2017, 10:56 AM

Ha the gin i refered to was A gordons with shepwepps in it. Might try it with lemonade instead.

I know my limit and i only have 4 units of alochol max per session average. But i keep making the mistake sometimes to drink in an empty stomach which gets ne dizzy and ive not been fully pissed yet just tippsy once  whistling2
  • Alcohol
     Reply #10 - October 10, 2017, 11:02 AM

Try a sip of Disaronno. Order a glass, taste it, then ask to add coke, try it with that. See which you prefer.

• Alcohol
     Reply #11 - October 10, 2017, 11:10 AM

I like fruit cider

We seem to have similar sweet tooths. I cant stand beer either. Although I am surprised you think meed is bitter, are you sure you had proper meed? Classic honey meed is one the sweetest things I've ever had.

You might like bourbon/whiskey, they are kinda sweet. Lager tastes like watered down beer to me. Dark rum is really good mixed with coke.

Port is nice, it's quite sweet. Dessert wine is really sweet too, I also like sweet white wines (difficult to find as most people enjoy dry wines).

Also as winter nears, keep an eye out for either mulled wine or mulled cider. They are warmed up with spices, taste sweet and are perfect in the cold weather!
  • Alcohol
     Reply #12 - October 10, 2017, 11:16 AM

There are a million ways to make drinks. If you don't like one way, then you might like another.

Just don't drink something you don't like. Easy.

An addendum here is that if you tend to have a lot of bad experiences with alcohol, you might end up not liking anything, so there's that.  Cheesy

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Alcohol
     Reply #13 - October 10, 2017, 11:25 AM

We seem to have similar sweet tooths. I cant stand beer either. Although I am surprised you think meed is bitter, are you sure you had proper meed? Classic honey meed is one the sweetest things I've ever had.

You might like bourbon/whiskey, they are kinda sweet. Lager tastes like watered down beer to me. Dark rum is really good mixed with coke.

Port is nice, it's quite sweet. Dessert wine is really sweet too, I also like sweet white wines (difficult to find as most people enjoy dry wines).

Also as winter nears, keep an eye out for either mulled wine or mulled cider. They are warmed up with spices, taste sweet and are perfect in the cold weather!

I had home made honey meed at different concentrations at a friends at uni....they said the same thing you did when I said it tasted bitter. what I mean its not cider or cola kind sweet but more Ah fuck kind sweet-bittery

as for liqueur...since rum is made from sugar cane i feel this may be my fav liqueur and since iv dot a tooth more higher end shit too ( I am a food snob) I may lose my student loan  whistling2 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
  • Alcohol
     Reply #14 - October 10, 2017, 11:33 AM

*mead. Drink of the gods.

• Alcohol
     Reply #15 - October 10, 2017, 11:34 AM

*mead. Drink of the gods.

Good thing Iam an atheist then  dance
  • Alcohol
     Reply #16 - October 10, 2017, 11:37 AM

Sick burn mate.  cool2

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Alcohol
     Reply #17 - October 10, 2017, 11:43 AM

Sick burn mate.  cool2

Thank you Good Sir  cool2
  • Alcohol
     Reply #18 - October 10, 2017, 11:46 AM

I like fruit cider

Phil  go for this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je60P-u4zz0

take that Turkish Yani  Raki and mix it with anything except fruit juice and milk.......

you can mix it any drink that you don't like..... bitter beer  ... whisky...vodka...rum..scotch... whatever..  

I hope you are over 20  and  and NEVER EVER FORGET THIS CHART

Progressive effects of alcohol

BAC (% by vol.)   0.001–0.029   
    Average individual appears normal
    Subtle effects that can be detected with special tests

0.030–0.059   
    Mild euphoria
    Relaxation
    Joyousness
    Talkativeness
    Decreased inhibition
    Concentration

0.060–0.099   
    Blunted feelings
    Reduced sensitivity to pain
    Euphoria
    Disinhibition
    Extraversion
    Reasoning
    Depth perception
    Peripheral vision
    Glare recovery

0.100–0.199   

Over-expression
    Boisterousness
    Possibility of nausea and vomiting
    Reflexes
    Reaction time
    Gross motor control
    Staggering
    Slurred speech
    Temporary erectile dysfunction

0.200–0.299   
    Nausea
    Vomiting
    Emotional swings
    Anger or sadness
    Partial loss of understanding
    Impaired sensations
    Decreased libido
    Possibility of stupor
    Severe motor impairment
    Loss of consciousness
    Memory blackout

0.300–0.399

Stupor
    Central nervous system depression
    Loss of understanding
    Lapses in and out of consciousness
    Low possibility of death
    Bladder function
    Breathing
    Dysequilibrium
    Heart rate

0.400–0.500   

Severe central nervous system depression
    Coma
    Possibility of death
    Breathing
    Heart rate
    Positional alcohol nystagmus

>0.50   
    High possibility of death

AND DO NOT EVER DRINK ALCOHOL LIQUIDS WITH ANY MEDICATIONS  ...NOT EVEN TYLENOL ...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Alcohol
     Reply #19 - October 10, 2017, 11:54 AM

Phil  go for this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je60P-u4zz0

take that Turkish Yani  Raki and mix it with anything except fruit juice and milk.......

you can mix it any drink that you don't like..... bitter beer  ... whisky...vodka...rum..scotch... whatever..  

I hope you are over 20  and  and NEVER EVER FORGET THIS CHART

AND DO NOT EVER DRINK ALCOHOL LIQUIDS WITH ANY MEDICATIONS  ...NOT EVEN TYLENOL ...

Yevz.......why do i get the feelinng your trying to get me to drink this cause its prob the most bitter there is and this is a prank? Smiley

if not then ill add it to the list.

and iaint RAKI indian for rokkea?(exorcism)
  • Alcohol
     Reply #20 - October 10, 2017, 11:58 AM

Oh and Does it taste Like Grape water? love grape water
  • Alcohol
     Reply #21 - October 10, 2017, 12:01 PM

Rakija is amazing. Either it makes drinking fun because you see other people get fucked up, or it makes it tragicomical because you're weak and get fucked up in literally 10 minutes.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Alcohol
     Reply #22 - October 10, 2017, 12:06 PM

yes yes give me more......by the end of the day ill walk in to meet my non Muslim friends and be like bam.....man has better taste/Knowlage of the good stuff in couple of hours then your entire life times  dance dance dance
  • Alcohol
     Reply #23 - October 10, 2017, 12:07 PM

I don't know about turkish raki, but our rakijs
    A is 50% alcohol. It comes in different tastes, I prefer pear rakija myself.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Alcohol
     Reply #24 - October 10, 2017, 12:11 PM

Cant belive Islam made me,muslims and muslim nations miss out on all these types of alcohol....looking at the list of national liqueurs its sad there arent many muslim countries with one...would love to know what Bangladesh would come up with? rice liqueur or sugar cane and torrkari spices liqueur Cry Huh?
  • Alcohol
     Reply #25 - October 10, 2017, 12:16 PM

who knows what the Quraysh drank....may have been amazing  Cry
  • Alcohol
     Reply #26 - October 10, 2017, 12:17 PM

Yevz.......why do i get the feelinng your trying to get me to drink this cause its prob the most bitter there is and this is a prank? Smiley

if not then ill add it to the list.

and iaint RAKI indian for rokkea?(exorcism)

Phil ., sorry ., I have not understood a single word what you said above  that includes  Yevz....

did you mean to say Why Yeez??  Cheesy

with best regrads
    yeezevee

• Alcohol
     Reply #27 - October 10, 2017, 12:21 PM

I ment I got the feeling Raki is very bitter and your recomending it to me to see me come on here after and say how showed i was at the bitter taste and then you laugh dance
  • Alcohol
     Reply #28 - October 10, 2017, 12:31 PM

............ and then you laugh dance.....

yes...that is true  ..i  laugh and  dance...lol...

well  read about  the origins of that drink...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rak%C4%B1

and watch this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6usrEE7F1k

one day i  would like to be  a Helton Josue Teodoro Muniz ..  he is one of my role models ..  I HAVE MANY

• Alcohol
     Reply #29 - October 10, 2017, 01:02 PM

who knows what the Quraysh drank....may have been amazing  Cry

There are reports of an old drink made from fermented dates called nabith that they used to drink, resulting in varying degrees of intoxication. While most Islamic scholars considered it haram, there were reports of scholars in Kufah who considered it permissible. This led to the saying, “If a man were to act using every exception: acting upon the statements of the scholars of Kufah concerning nabith, the scholars of Madinah concerning listening to music, and the scholars of Makkah concerning temporary (mut’ah) marriage, he would become a (full on) sinner.”

sloshed Punk Butt kissing
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »