Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 50 dead, 200 injured in Las Vegas concert shooting says news

(Read 5283 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • 50 dead, 200 injured in Las Vegas concert shooting says news
     Reply #30 - October 04, 2017, 07:35 PM

Yap   every one  and every home  in AMRIKA should have hand grenades ......RPGS and some fully automatic assault weapons and 1000s rounds of ammunition  to protect their families  ..

Never said anything about grenades or RPGs. I said some defense is better than none at all.
     Reply #31 - October 04, 2017, 11:00 PM

Never said anything about grenades or RPGs. I said some defense is better than none at all.

oh OK   bogart.,   true  at times some defense may be  better than none but often having no gun may help you not getting killed by own family member because of  anger problems

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/12/gun-silencer-bill-republican-lawmakers-242595

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/13/republicans-push-gun-silencer-bill-democrats-fire-back.html

S.C. Rep. Duncan defends gun silencer bill from New York criticism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBfJOq2qdcQ

And this regulation of  changing  American laws to   buy a  silencer easily may help  victims of gun violence  not even knowing the sound of gun  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PVEOSqQDJQ

yes...yes.. that criminal rogue having silencers in his guns  would have helped Noise pollution to  gun lovers and by standers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3VITZ6-CcY

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #32 - October 05, 2017, 12:08 AM

And this regulation of  changing  American laws to   buy a  silencer easily may help  victims of gun violence  not even knowing the sound of gun  

Watch your own links so it does not refute your point without any effort put in by me.

yes...yes.. that criminal rogue having silencers in his guns  would have helped Noise pollution to  gun lovers and by standers 

Again watch your own links.

You really need to stop talking. You obviously know nothing about fire arms. You are repeating democrat talking point which are also from people that probably never used a gun in their life.

Reply #33 - October 05, 2017, 10:24 AM

Then you leave yourself completely exposed with only hoping, or praying, as your own recourse. Some defense is better than none at all.

To me,  it's more like the illusion of defence and the entertainment of civil war hangover fantasies about rebelling against the big bad federal government, contrasted against the reality which is that anyone who raises weapons (or wallets, keys, books, toy trucks, etc.) against law enforcement is more likely to just get themselves killed.

But it's cool. I understand your point and we don't have to go back and forth on it.

So? Outlying cases do not make laws otherwise cars would be illegal.

Red herring. Unless you are trying to mow down a herd of wildebeest, the rapid fire of a bump stock has no practical use apart from indiscriminate mass killing.

To modify your car analogy, it would be more like fitting the bumper of your Ford Focus with explosive devises and shrapnel that detonated upon impact.

Reply #34 - October 05, 2017, 08:03 PM

Watch your own links so it does not refute your point without any effort put in by me.

Again watch your own links.

well  on controversial subjects i usually give links and information  from both  sides  dear bogart  ..  and i agree we all need to read and think about those links and more..  but you do have a point there..  

So..  The Editorial of a  Newspaper  says
    IF there is one piece of news that emerges at regular intervals from the US, it is about gun violence.

It is a sobering thought then that the carnage at an outdoor country music festival on Sunday in Las Vegas may not have been so shocking but for the huge number of casualties. Otherwise, it would have been just another one of the six mass shootings — defined as those with at least four casualties — that occurred in the US this past week alone.

But in what turned out to be the deadliest such incident in modern US history, at least 58 people died and over 500 were injured when Stephen Paddock, from his vantage point on the 32nd floor of a nearby hotel, unloaded his weapons into the crowd below. The firing only ended with Paddock’s suicide, just as police stormed the hotel suite where he was holed up.

There they discovered an arsenal of 23 assault rifles, of which a dozen were fitted with a device that enables semi-automatics to discharge rapid fire rounds like automatics.

While Paddock’s motives may be unclear thus far, .............

Between 2001 and 2010, there were over 400,000 gun deaths in the US, of which more than 153,000 were homicides. The solution, although not black-and-white, points towards strengthening regulations on the purchase of firearms, a position that a majority of Americans support.

However, efforts to bring about even common-sense restrictions fail repeatedly because they come up against one of the most powerful interest groups in the country: the National Rifle Association..........

With its enormous resources that it pours into the election campaigns of many politicians, the NRA exerts an outsize influence over Congress. Therefore, when demands are made for gun legislation to be tightened, usually in the aftermath of a mass murder, most lawmakers obfuscate the issue with tropes about the constitutionally protected right to bear arms or the fallacious argument that it is people, not guns, that kill.

Do you agree with it dear bogart?  Or do you think  every American  home should collect  Assault rifles  and other weapons to  fight  for their fundamental right of bearing arms  even against their own elected government ??

You really need to stop talking.

Nah   that is NOT going to happen

You obviously know nothing about fire arms.

no  i know a bit ., i did use fire arms...  not much but enough to kill  if necessary  
    You are repeating democrat talking point which are also from people that probably never used a gun in their life.

nonsense.....  but what is their point?  You too vote.. you are also democrat., aren't you?

Reply #35 - October 05, 2017, 11:53 PM

Being a American it is sad to see all this violence in our country.
    Our education is broken, immigration system is broken & gun laws suck.
    MS-13 gang, race wars, extremism, despite all that massive might outside america, America is a very weak country internally.

UK is very secular country, but US still has religiosity.
     Reply #36 - October 06, 2017, 04:39 AM

Ironic since officially UK is christian and US is secular.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #37 - October 06, 2017, 10:09 AM

To me,  it's more like the illusion of defence and the entertainment of civil war hangover fantasies about rebelling against the big bad federal government,

Sure I can see that angle as I have read people putting forward such ideas in a serious manner. I saw it a lot when Obama was elected.  I am seeing it with Trump.

contrasted against the reality which is that anyone who raises weapons (or wallets, keys, books, toy trucks, etc.) against law enforcement is more likely to just get themselves killed.

An individual or small group sure. That is to be expected.

None of which means a person should just hope that "it can never happen here"

But it's cool. I understand your point and we don't have to go back and forth on it.

There is just far too much of human history with governments turning against their own people or a part of for me to ignore the possibility

Red herring.

Actually it wasn't as it was related to law and as a reference to the LV event. However I think a bill was already passed banned it so the point is moot.

Unless you are trying to mow down a herd of wildebeest, the rapid fire of a bump stock has no practical use apart from indiscriminate mass killing.

The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting.

Sure the bump stock makes a semi-automatic as close to an automatic as possible. However it comes at the cost of accuracy greater than that of an automatic weapon. The method to fire using the bump stock requires a different grip and physical force.

I have no doubt it was designed with killing in mind but not murder. I believe a government review of the stock in 2006 declared it an accessory rather than a part.

To modify your car analogy, it would be more like fitting the bumper of your Ford Focus with explosive devises and shrapnel that detonated upon impact.

I was talking about the capacity and level of harm something can inflict. That is the reason automatics are banned but not semi-automatics.
     Reply #38 - October 06, 2017, 10:23 AM

well  on controversial subjects i usually give links and information  from both  sides  dear bogart  ..  and i agree we all need to read and think about those links and more..  but you do have a point there..  

Well one side destroyed the suppressor argument.

So..  The Editorial of a  Newspaper  says
    With its enormous resources that it pours into the election campaigns of many politicians, the NRA exerts an outsize influence over Congress. Therefore, when demands are made for gun legislation to be tightened, usually in the aftermath of a mass murder, most lawmakers obfuscate the issue with tropes about the constitutionally protected right to bear arms or the fallacious argument that it is people, not guns, that kill.

About the article:

That is due to it is a Rights group. It is going to have a lot of power as it an issues for citizens nor merely corporate giants. Gay lobby, marriage lobby, civil rights lobby.

People do kill people. Put a gun one the ground. How many people does it kill? None.

...............Do you agree with it dear bogart?

As per the above no.  

Or do you think  every American  home should collect  Assault rifles  and other weapons to  fight  for their fundamental right of bearing arms  even against their own elected government ??

Over this issue? No.

Nah   that is NOT going to happen

It will happen if the 2nd is revoked. I can see the possibility of some groups doing so for semi-automatics. At the very least if semi-automatics were seized I can see some citizens shooting rather than turning their weapons over.

no  i know a bit ., i did use fire arms...  not much but enough to kill  if necessary  nonsense.....  but what is their point?  You too vote.. you are also democrat., aren't you?

No Im in Canada. I just support rights such as the 2nd. I think Canada needs it.

I would be an independent. Neither party appeals to me enough to become a member.  I am a fiscal conservative and social moderate/centrist. If I could have voted I would of done the following.

Bush
    Obama
    Obama
    Empty ballot

Reply #39 - October 06, 2017, 01:37 PM

Let me go backward on you dear bogart

......  ..No Im in Canada. I just support rights such as the 2nd. I think Canada needs it.

I would be an independent. Neither party appeals to me enough to become a member.  I am a fiscal conservative and social moderate/centrist. If I could have voted I would of done the following.

Bush
    Obama
    Obama
    Empty ballot

Oh I see you are Canadian.. or living/migrated to  Canada.,  Well what works for Canada may not work in US of A.,   I mean whole structure of Govts and even the Gun culture/Criminal gangs are at different level..

And I like that Empty ballot option., If it gets majority ..the country should to elections again  without those candidates in the list .. But Elections are MUST..  

Well one side destroyed the suppressor argument.

About the article:

That is due to it is a Rights group. It is going to have a lot of power as it an issues for citizens nor merely corporate giants. Gay lobby, marriage lobby, civil rights lobby.

well  they have their lobbies .. Don't you know that AMRIKA also has a powerful gun lobby?? powerful insurance useless medical insurance lobbies ??

People do kill people. Put a gun one the ground. How many people does it kill? None.

rubbish argument .,  what are you anarchist?  How many people that rogue/nut case could have killed in US of A without those weapons?

As per the above no.  

Over this issue? No.

well You say "No".. some other guys   say  YES...YES..,  that is the reason you have elections.. and that is how democracy supposed to work .,off course one can tweak the rules of democracy as times are changing .,

But "I have gun I will kill  because I have 2nd amendment rights "  will not work"   That worked well in 16th 17th all the way to may be 1980s .,now it is 21st century.. Please realize criminals are their both sides of the coin ..

It will happen if the 2nd is revoked. I can see the possibility of some groups doing so for semi-automatics. At the very least if semi-automatics were seized I can see some citizens shooting rather than turning their weapons over.

Well  if it happens .. it happens., , if not now it will happen down the road.,   Either shooter/killers  win  or other side "the democracy  wins"

please continue to read and write

Reply #40 - October 06, 2017, 06:34 PM

Let me go backward on you dear bogart Oh I see you are Canadian.. or living/migrated to  Canada.,  Well what works for Canada may not work in US of A.,   I mean whole structure of Govts and even the Gun culture/Criminal gangs are at different level..

Yes the culture(s) are different which leads to different outcomes. Switzerland is an example with high gun ownership and low gun related crime.

And I like that Empty ballot option., If it gets majority ..the country should to elections again  without those candidates in the list ..

No confidence vote or similar. This is not confuse an empty ballot with no ballot.

well  they have their lobbies .. Don't you know that AMRIKA also has a powerful gun lobby?? powerful insurance useless medical insurance lobbies ??

I know it has a powerful gun lobby. The major difference I pointed out is that at it's core it is not some corporate interest group.

rubbish argument .,  what are you anarchist?  How many people that rogue/nut case could have killed in US of A without those weapons?

No it isn't it is an objective fact. Weapon require human action at some level.

Nope not an anarchist.

No idea. He could of still got the weapons illegal. He has the funds to do so. He could of used other methods such as bombs. He could of used a knife.

well You say "No".. some other guys   say  YES...YES..,  that is the reason you have elections.. and that is how democracy supposed to work .,off course one can tweak the rules of democracy as times are changing .,

America is a Republic.

But "I have gun I will kill  because I have 2nd amendment rights "  will not work"   That worked well in 16th 17th all the way to may be 1980s .,now it is 21st century.. Please realize criminals are their both sides of the coin ..

The 2nd is about legal use of weapons. Criminals can not claim to be following the 2nd at all. No crimes are not on both sides of the coin.

Well  if it happens .. it happens., , if not now it will happen down the road.,   Either shooter/killers  win  or other side "the democracy  wins"

Democracy is only as good as the population under it and is constrained by just laws. Citizens can not vote an Amendment to become void. They do not have that power.

please continue to read and write

Horrible site since most deaths by firearms is suicide. Defensive stats are questionable because it is hard to confirm if a use of a weapon or even the threat of one prevented a crime.

The site links no citations to that page. No sources means I ignore it.
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »