Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Saudi Arabia lifts ban on women driving

(Read 1997 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Saudi Arabia lifts ban on women driving
     OP - September 29, 2017, 11:48 AM

Better late than never

Saudi Arabia’s King Salman has issued a historic royal decree granting driving licenses for women in the kingdom as of next June.
    The royal decree issued on Tuesday also ordered the establishment of a high-level committee of involving the ministries of internal affairs, finance, labor and social development. They will be tasked with studying the arrangements of the edict within 30 days and to ensure the full implementation of the order by June 2018.

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/gulf/2017/09/26/Saudi-Arabia-King-Salman-orders-driving-licenses-for-women.html

Had a little chuckle seeing a thread about the death of Hugh Hefner whilst noting there wasn't one about this significant news in Saudi Arabia  Tongue

Reply #1 - September 29, 2017, 05:39 PM

will linda sasour will be using this to her advantage   whistling2
     Reply #2 - September 30, 2017, 03:45 PM

kings issuing historic royal decrees..........to grant a flipping driving licence!

Reply #3 - September 30, 2017, 05:53 PM

In a world full of depressing shit, this is one cool step for women in Saudi.  Afro

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #4 - October 02, 2017, 03:46 AM

Welcome to the 1920s. Just another century to go.
     Reply #5 - October 02, 2017, 05:11 AM

I wonder how many will actually be able to take a driver's license and be allowed to drive. Sorry for being a party pooper Smiley

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #6 - October 02, 2017, 06:47 AM

I wonder how many will actually be able to take a driver's license and be allowed to drive. Sorry for being a party pooper Smiley

well at least  it is a starting point., and .. and .,  because of web those women who gets blocked  for  driving or getting  driver's license by  these mutawallees  and  mutawa'ah  BABOONS   can make noise on social media  and  these religious rogues in police uniform  will not have  same  power as they  used to have..

I think the credit goes to that  the 32-year-old   Mohammed Bin Salman...

Hope he gets some revelations from allah   and change the country  ASAP including releasing atheist prisoners

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #7 - October 02, 2017, 10:22 AM

Mohammed Bin Salman...

Seems like a complex and controversial figure given his role in the Yemen assault.
     Reply #8 - October 02, 2017, 11:43 PM

Seems like a complex and controversial figure given his role in the Yemen assault.

well he became poster boy  of sand land way  after the war started   http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa/11/14/yemen.fighting/index.html

anyway News from sand land says

Cinemas expected to open in Saudi Arabia before end of 2017

Less than a week after news broke that women in Saudi Arabia will be allowed to drive in the Kingdom, Saudi Gazette reported that cinemas — currently banned in the country — are expected to open before the end of 2017.

Former chairman of the Saudi Cinema Committee Fahd Al-Tamimi stressed that there is nothing in the Ministry of Culture and Information laws that prevent [opening of] cinema halls, the newspaper reported.

Ahmed Al-Khatib, the chairman of the General Entertainment Authority (GEA), had told Reuters in April that cinemas would come to Saudi Arabia eventually, but this would happen as per official measures that the Kingdom adopts when dealing with developmental projects.

His goal, he had said, was to create entertainment that “will be like 99 percent of what is going on in London and New York,

Sand land will become 99 percent of what is going on in London and New York

well that is the news

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »