Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Cowardice of Muslims
Today at 07:49 PM

Very delicious
Today at 07:05 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
Today at 06:42 PM

Question-What is the best...
Today at 06:39 PM

false?,,,,,,why?
Today at 04:14 PM

The New Koran
Today at 03:42 PM

antisemitism cause?
Today at 01:37 PM

الحبيب من يشبه اكثر؟؟؟
by akay
Today at 08:25 AM

Faithfreedom Forum
Yesterday at 07:04 PM

VeeduLive #8 Imtiaz Shams...
February 20, 2018, 10:17 PM

Random Islamic History Po...
February 20, 2018, 01:25 PM

Rick and Morty practicall...
February 20, 2018, 09:17 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Repetition in the Quran

(Read 618 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Repetition in the Quran
     OP - September 12, 2017, 09:57 PM

Why there are too many repetitions and retelling stories in the Quran? Why Allah repeats himself [Allah is male according to the Quran] in many verses and chapters of the Quran? If humans have a reason, intelligence and ability to understand then what is the wisdom beyond these repetitions and restatements?
     Reply #1 - January 31, 2018, 08:27 PM

Which repetitions are you talking about?

I know vaguely of certain phrases and ideas that are repetitive throughout the book, such as the constant assertion and reassertion of Muhammad being the messenger of Allah, and Allah knowing everything. These repetitions reinforce the belief in God and Muhammad the messenger, which is fundamental to keep his followers.

"Nothing lasts forever. Even the stars die."

A for Atheist
    A for Apostate
    A for Anonymous
    A for Aqua
     Reply #2 - January 31, 2018, 10:25 PM

Which repetitions are you talking about?

I know vaguely of certain phrases and ideas that are repetitive throughout the book, such as the constant assertion and reassertion of Muhammad being the messenger of Allah, and Allah knowing everything. These repetitions reinforce the belief in God and Muhammad the messenger, which is fundamental to keep his followers.

hello  Aqua .,  just to let you and other readers know ............ Quran   mentions the word "Muhammad" only four times  and those verses are

3.144:    And Muhammad is no more than an apostle; the apostles have already passed away before him; if then he dies or is killed will you turn back upon your heels? And whoever turns back upon his heels, he will by no means do harm to Allah in the least and Allah will reward the grateful.

33.40:    Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Apostle of Allah and the Last of the prophets; and Allah is cognizant of all things.

47. 2:    And (as for) those who believe and do good, and believe in what has been revealed to Muhammad, and it is the very truth from their Lord, He will remove their evil from them and improve their condition.

48. 29:    Muhammad is the Apostle of Allah, and those with him are firm of heart against the unbelievers, compassionate among themselves; you will see them bowing down, prostrating themselves, seeking grace from Allah and pleasure; their marks are in their faces because of the effect of prostration; that is their description in the Taurat and their description in the Injeel; like as seed-produce that puts forth its sprout, then strengthens it, so it becomes stout and stands firmly on its stem, delighting the sowers that He may enrage the unbelievers on account of them; Allah has promised those among them who believe and do good, forgiveness and a great reward.

so that word "Muhammad" is not used repeatedly  in Quran

with  best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy  
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #3 - January 31, 2018, 10:27 PM

Oh interesting. I didn't realize that.

"Nothing lasts forever. Even the stars die."

A for Atheist
    A for Apostate