Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Christian teenager arrested in Punjab over alleged blasphemy

(Read 1185 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Christian teenager arrested in Punjab over alleged blasphemy
     OP - August 22, 2017, 03:12 PM

Christian teenager arrested in Punjab over alleged blasphemy  Says News from  land of pure

A Christian teenager was arrested and imprisoned for allegedly burning pages of the Holy Quran in a village near Wazirabad, Punjab, officials said Sunday.

Alipur Chattha police station official Asghar Ali told AFP: "On the night of August 12, police received a complaint that a Christian boy had been found burning pages of the Holy Quran outside a shrine."

Ali claimed the 18-year-old had been caught "red-handed" shortly after the complaint had been registered against him, AFP reported.

"He is in jail now," Ali told Al-Jazeera.

The incident was confirmed by another local police official, Pervaiz Iqbal, who is investigating the case.

"When the police took the suspect into custody and brought him to a police checkpost, a crowd of around 200 men gathered outside... demanding the culprit be handed over to them," Iqbal said.

He said the suspect had been "secretly moved" to a police station in Wazirabad where he was interrogated and allegedly confessed to his crime.

The teenager was charged under Section 295-B of the Pakistan Penal Code, Iqbal added, referring to a law that hands life imprisonment to "whoever wilfully defiles, damages or desecrates a copy of the Holy Quran or of an extract therefrom, or uses it in any derogatory manner or for any unlawful purpose".

He will stand trial.

Well what is new on that.,, that is the end of that 18yearold kid

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1 - August 22, 2017, 03:33 PM

I don't understand this bloodthirsty mob culture that I keep hearing about in cases like this, is it not enough for them that he's been arrested?  Wtf is happening  Cry
     Reply #2 - August 22, 2017, 03:36 PM

Lahore: August 18, 2017. (PCP) Asif Stephen  family.,   A 16 years old Asif Stephen  held accused of Blasphemy charges under sections 295-B PPC on 12th August 2017.

Asif is having 4 siblings named Mujahid, Kajul and Irum Stephen. Among them Kajol is married and the rest are unmarried. His father Stephen Masih is a Serf at the Muslim Landlords. Asif collects papers and used bottles from garbage and sell them to support his family. Asif also collects empty bottles from the Sundhay Shah Tomb. Which is about 2Kms away from his house. Whereas Muhammad Nawaz Alias Maju also collects garbage and bottles from the Tomb. Therefore, he always have grudge against Asif for collecting used bottles and giving him economic loss, as he claimed that this is my area of collection.
    The conspiracy started about 24 days ago that is on 18th or 19th July when somebody burnt Holy Quran on the Tomb, but nobody took the notice and only M. Nawaz was talking about it and tried to attract the people upon the issue.

On 12th August Asif went to bazaar to buy cigarettes Mohammad Nawaz caught him there and started beating him and started shouting that Asif broke the money box from the tomb. As Mohammad Nawaz beating and shouting at Asif a mob gathered there and some of them also started beating Asif. Mohammad Nawaz made a call to Qari Rana Rashid Razvi (a fundamentalist and a Former representative of the District Counsil) and told him that he has caught the person who burnt Holy Quran. Qari Rana Rashid Razvi arrived at the spot and without confirming or asking anything he also started beating Asif upon burning Holy Quran. So the issue of breaking the money box was turned very cunningly into the desecration of Holy Quran.

Someone from the community made a phone call at police emergency number 15 police reached there and arrested Asif and took him to the Jhamkay police chokey (Chokey is the branch of main police station in a specific area. It’s a kind of Sub-Police station)

Within an hour Qari Rana Rashid Razvi along with a mob reached Jhamkay police chokey he broke the lock and took Asif from the police custody and started torturing Asif. They wanted to kill him after burning, but the Local police made a phone call to Ali Purr Chatta police Station and asked them for help. Police from Ali Purr Police Station came for help at Jhamkay Chatta Police Chokey and they took Asif to the Ali Purr Chatta police Station. Qari Rana Rashid Razvi along with a mob went to Ali Purr Chatta police Station as a Complainant and Mohammad Nawaz as eyewitness. Ali Purr Chatta police registered a FIR against Asif and send him to the District Jail Gujranwala.

The Voice Society took up the case and will provide the family legal help as well as financial support.

well that is the real story behind that Blasphemy case .. that case details are published here

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »