Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: At least 13 dead as van rams into crowd in Barcelona 'terror attack'

(Read 2041 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • At least 13 dead as van rams into crowd in Barcelona 'terror attack'
     OP - August 17, 2017, 11:55 PM

At least 13 dead as van rams into crowd in Barcelona 'terror attack'  says news

At least 13 people were killed on Thursday when a driver deliberately slammed a van into crowds on Barcelona's most popular street in what police said was a “terror attack”.

“We can confirm there are 13 dead and more than 50 injured,” regional interior minister Joaquim Forn said in a tweet.

Catalan police said they had arrested one suspect, and denied earlier reports that the perpetrator was holed up in a bar near the scene. The famous Las Ramblas is one of Barcelona's busiest streets, lined with shops and restaurants and normally thronged with tourists and street performers until well into the night.

Police said there had been a “huge collision” between a van and pedestrians on the thoroughfare and a police source said officers were seeking a total of two suspects.

Spain's royal family condemned the assault in unusually strong terms, vowing that their country would not be “terrorised” by extremists.

...........“There were bodies on the floor with people crowding round them. People were crying. There were lots of foreigners.” Witness Aamer Anwar told Britain's Sky News television that he was walking down Las Ramblas, which he described as “jam-packed” with tourists.

“All of a sudden, I just sort of heard a crashing noise and the whole street just started to run, screaming. I saw a woman right next to me screaming for her kids.” Spain had so far been spared the kind of extremist violence that rocked nearby France, Belgium and Germany.

But it was hit by what is still Europe's deadliest militant attack in March 2004, when bombs exploded on commuter trains in Madrid, killing 191 people in an attack claimed by Al Qaeda-inspired extremists.

Thursday's attack, which followed similar incidents in Britain, Germany and France, drew widespread condemnation.

well that is the news and that & more you can read at the link  here is the tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwisrniisow

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1 - August 18, 2017, 12:39 AM

*sigh*

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #2 - August 18, 2017, 12:57 AM

Imam Tawhidi had to start a gofundme page for security because of death threats from guess who, while I dislike all religion I like this muslim for his honesty.

I strongly condemn the ISIS terror attack in Barcelona,Spain. I also condemn the "sacred" books of hadith that inspire such terrorism along with the corrupt preaching throughout our mosques, globally.
    www.facebook.com/TheImamofPeace

Reply #3 - August 18, 2017, 07:54 AM

Imam Tawhidi .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYuHJ1mrsLI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igwaOrv7WGs

https://www.facebook.com/Tawhidi-Exposed-640581456149656/?ref=py_c

Reply #4 - August 18, 2017, 09:01 AM

My thoughts are with all of the victims and their families. It's always so sad to see how much hatred there is in this world Cry

Thanks for the links on Tawhidi, yeezevee. I always knew that he was a fraud and an appeaser. Went through his page to try and form a fair opinion about him. He doesn't have reasonable and balanced views like what you would see on Hassan's or even Maajid's pages, just apologia for other hateful ideologies.
     Reply #5 - August 18, 2017, 03:35 PM

It's so sad and infuriating this keeps happening.

Perpetrator at large as well, last I heard.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #6 - August 18, 2017, 10:33 PM

Barcelona attack key suspect Moussa Oukabir confirmed dead  says BBC news  with this picture

Moussa Oukabir was one of five men killed in Cambrils

The key suspect in Thursday's Barcelona attack, Moussa Oukabir, has been named as one of five men killed by police in the other attack site, Cambrils.  Police had earlier said they were searching for Oukabir and three other men. Now only one remains unaccounted for. Four suspects have been arrested.

Thirteen people were killed when a van, said to be rented by Oukabir, rammed crowds in Barcelona's Ramblas district. Police say the suspects had been planning more sophisticated attacks.

They said blasts on Wednesday in Alcanar, a town south of Barcelona, deprived plotters of bomb material so they carried out simpler attacks using vehicles.

Moussa Oukabir, thought to be 17, was a Spanish citizen from the northern Catalan city of Girona. Most of the other suspects were Moroccan.

this is strange.,  17 year old kid born in  west .,born in   Spanish city  "Girona" becomes a major suspect of this horrible killings ..  

Do the parents of such 17 year olds have any responsibility of theses kid's actions ??

Are they NOT realizing that Kid is acting strange ??  these kids ruin their bright future life and many others on their way to this fucking allah heaven or hell...

Reply #7 - August 22, 2017, 09:13 PM

News says Spanish police shoot dead Barcelona attack fugitive  with this picture  

SUBIRATS: Spanish police on Monday shot dead Younes Abouyaaqoub, the suspected driver of a van that mowed down pedestrians in Barcelona, after a massive manhunt for the Moroccan national who was wearing what appeared to be a suicide belt when he was killed.

“We confirm that the person shot down in the incident in Subirats (near Barcelona) is Younes Abouyaaqoub, the perpetrator of the terrorist attack in Barcelona,” police in Catalonia tweeted.

Four days after his van rampage on the tourist-packed Las Ramblas boulevard, police took down the 22-year-old in the village about 60 kilometres west of Barcelona.

Investigators seeking to unravel the terror cell had homed in on the small border town of Ripoll at the foot of the Pyrenees mountains. Several suspects including Abouyaaqoub grew up or lived in the town.

Moroccan imam Abdelbaki Es Satty, aged in his 40s, has also come under scrutiny as he is believed to have radicalised youths in Ripoll.

Police raided more homes in Ripoll on Monday, Catalonia’s regional interior minister Joaquim Forn said.

Police said the imam had spent time in prison and had once been in contact with a suspect wanted on terrorism charges but was never himself charged with terror-related incidents.  “Over the last two years, Younes and Houssein began to radicalise under the influence of this imam,” their grandfather said.

A neighbour close to the Abouyaaqoub family, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the imam “had recruited Moroccans of Ripoll and planned the attacks”.

But Ali Assid, president of the Annour Islamic community that runs the Ripoll mosque where Satty was preaching, said the imam “never sent a radical message, all he preached was really Islam. If he is behind all that, there he must be showing us one face in the mosque and showing another face outside.”

The imam has been missing since Tuesday. On Saturday, police raided his apartment. They have raised the possibility that he died in an explosion on Wednesday evening at a house believed to be the suspects’ bomb factory, where police uncovered a massive cache of 120 gas canisters.

and that is the news and the bottom  line is "president of the Annour Islamic community that runs the Ripoll mosque where Satty was preaching, said the imam “never sent a radical message, all he preached was really Islam"

well president  of Islamic community may be write .. Imam  was just  preaching Islam

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »