Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Podcast discussing Ex-muslims & Feminism

(Read 3376 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Podcast discussing Ex-muslims & Feminism
     OP - August 07, 2017, 11:56 AM

Hi everyone, thought this would the best place to post this to get a dialogue going and to find out what people think of the views shared in this episode.

Soundcloud link:
    soundcloud.com/madinthedunya-podcast/episode-02-ex-muslims-feminism

iTunes link:
    itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/mad-in-the-dunya-podcast/id1262922364?mt=2

You can also tweet us at @MITDpodcast.
     Reply #1 - August 08, 2017, 01:20 PM

I stopped at "there's money in it"

Nah, there's no money in this for us ex-Muslims. Try and actually talk to and understand some of us, and you might not be spewing such nonsense.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #2 - August 08, 2017, 02:05 PM

Thanks for atleast giving it a chance.

In the spur of conversation some things may be said and not expanded on. With the particular point that you mentioned, it can't be denied that some (key work some) ex-muslims have made a lucrative career off of being 'ex muslims'. Of course that doesn't mean every ex-muslim has been or will be able to capitalise off of it, rather they would just face the negative affects by just being ostracised by the communities they were once a part of.

But i would encourage you to listen to the other points made, not all the people on the show shared the same views.

Also, Why would you say you left islam?
     Reply #3 - August 08, 2017, 03:40 PM

A lot of Muslims, Muslim scholars in particularly, have made a lucrative career out of being "Muslim", "Muslim spokesperson", "Muslim activist", "Muslim scholar", and so forth. I'm sick and tired of dishonest people trying to discredit ex-Muslims by making us out to be after money, fame and fortune by renouncing our religion. It's the same type of discourse that the early Muslims, and early Muslim history, used trying to discredit the Qureish and apostates during, and right after, the time of the Prophet. It's dehumanizing, it's dishonest, and it contributes absolutely nothing positive or constructive to the actual topic at hand.

But I guess it's always easy to discredit and dismiss dissidents by making them out to be crazy, evil, bad, confused.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #4 - August 08, 2017, 04:09 PM

Those Muslims are promoting their religion and from the perspective and seeing as they're Muslims, they would most likely believe they would be rewarded for doing so. Whilst with the ex Muslim, surely you don't want anything to do with the religion anymore.

I understand forums like this where you can get together and discuss things because that's the nature of life and sometimes you need to do that. But to broadcast it at any given opportunity, such as having it as your twitter bio, what's the point? I would assume someone would be sick of hearing about islam an would want to stay away from any convo about it. Surely doing something like that would connect you to the very thing you want to be disconnected from.

Sorry for any typos btw wrote this in a bit of a hurry.
     Reply #5 - August 08, 2017, 04:14 PM

Just shows how naive and ignorant you are, if you think that ex-Muslims can just "go about" their lives. It's not socially acceptable to be an ex-Muslim, in the Muslim community. And whether you realize it or not, ex-Muslims still have family and friends who are Muslims. From whom they have to either be shunned or hide who they are, except the small minority who accept them without any repercussions. It's exactly the mentality that you have to hide your "ex-Muslimsness" that makes it important to talk about it openly. That Muslims are allowed to question their religion just like any other religious group. And with all due respect, or not, there are thousands upon thousands of "ex-Muslims" who are killed, abused, and beaten because they don't want to follow Islam. Just peacefully living their lives. But it's OK. Let privileged Muslims in the West ignore the plea of so many, just because you find it uncomfortable to be confronted with the fact that there are so many Muslims out there who rejected your faith based on facts and reasons.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #6 - August 08, 2017, 04:19 PM

I did say in my first reply that there are many ex Muslims that are ostracised by the families and communities and don't gain any financial gain

But fair enough.
     Reply #7 - August 08, 2017, 05:30 PM

Yeah, fair enough. Fair enough that you use the same rhetoric as all the rest. Why can't ex-Muslims just shut up and stay hidden because it's uncomfortable for you and so many other Muslims to deal with the fact that Muslims leave Islam because of reasons. Like, real reasons. Like, factual reasons, Moral reasons. Scientific reasons. Smiley

Reply #8 - August 08, 2017, 06:12 PM

I said fair enough because I wanted i dialogue but I can see that I won't be getting one. But it's ok.

Smiley
     Reply #9 - August 08, 2017, 06:58 PM

I said fair enough because I wanted i dialogue but I can see that I won't be getting one. But it's ok.

Smiley

Oooops   what is happening here? Hellloooo  madinthedunya.,  Hellloooo  Maccanthedunya.,   What happened  dear dunyamadinthe.,?  Well  you know  most of the folks here are Maccan.,  they are peaceful folks  .. they fear  folks living with dreams of madinthedunya

anyways if we need something from folks we need to rub some butter...  Small amount of makkhan will help a lot dear madinthedunya., So let us talk .. let us fish.. let us get some  details..

read...read more .. read and write and welcome to the den..

with best regards
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #10 - August 08, 2017, 07:49 PM

What kind of dialogue do you want? You've already stated 1. There's "money" in it for ex-Muslims (I really don't know what kind of money you're talking about, whatever it is, it doesn't come even close to what all these popular Western "scholars" get), thereby more or less dismissing all and any critique as illegitimate. 2. Why can't ex-Muslims just shut up. If they don't want to be Muslims just pretend like their family and friends aren't Muslim, and that their entire life is in some way or the other touched by Islam and Muslims. Like, can't they just disappear? So what kind of dialogue do you expect, being condescending and using the same old type of discourse and rhetoric that even the more extreme Muslims use who say that we should all be killed as apostates. Because that's where this attitude stems from, even if you're not aware of it. Apostates only leave Islam because of money or some superficial gain in this dunya. Just like the Quraysh refused the message, and just like the hundred of thousands of apostates who left Islam after the Prophets death. And apostates should be killed, but only if they make their apostasy public. As long as they shut up and keep it low key we can leave them be, because we don't have to deal with the reasons why they left. This is even the reason many scholars state that death for apostates should be carried out on those who are vocal about it. Because they spread "fitnah" and may lead other Muslims to leave their faith. You can't see how these attitudes and opinions on one hand stem from those ideas, and how it continues to perpetuate those same ideas?

But you know what, I'll try not to shut this down because it could develop into something interesting. Maybe. So go ahead. I'm willing to have a dialogue with you. What in particular are you interested in discussing, or sharing opinions about?

Reply #11 - August 10, 2017, 01:21 AM

Whilst with the ex Muslim, surely you don't want anything to do with the religion anymore.

Nah, if we think there's fuckery in Islam, we'll point it out. And let people know that we're coming from a perspective of experience, having lived it. Nice try in attempting to silence that though. Actually shit try, to be honest.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #12 - August 10, 2017, 01:40 AM

Thanks for atleast giving it a chance.

You're welcome.

Hi guys. I'd like to be added as an ex-muslim. I'm a male, now an atheist, and currently reside in the US.

My reasons for leaving Islam:

From Holy Quran
    1. Chapter number 4, verse 11;
    2. Chapter number 2, verse 282;
    3. Chapter number 3, verse 28;
    4. Chapter number 4, verse 89

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #13 - August 10, 2017, 01:50 AM

Because I want to drink alcohol and eat pork.

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #14 - August 10, 2017, 08:18 AM

3 British Muslim
    we are PSB
    we are Muslims
    we are highschool dropouts
    we love love allah we love Mo
    we talk mad
    talking mad
    Mad in the Dunya
    Mo says where is Mo ?
    lbz says where is lbz ?
    Elmz says where is  Elmz.?
    let us read Islam ..
    let us learn Islam ,,
    Let us preach Islam

good stuff ..good stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6Hmo_WaAlY

well let me read Quran ....
    https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=16106.0

Hmmm

https://soundcloud.com/tags/ex%20muslims

https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=22184.0

Reply #15 - August 11, 2017, 09:56 AM

Hi everyone, thought this would the best place to post this to get a dialogue going and to find out what people think of the views shared in this episode.

Helloooo   madinthedunya  PBS  Islamic debating services ., what happened?   you disappeared with just few posts ..  I ask you why dear  PBSmadinthedunya ??   we can discuss..we can dialogue on the subject of your interest here ...  Can't we??  

or you guys only know  "how to talk"  but still need to learn  how to read and how to write??

well that is all right..   let me use your folder  to learn to read some Islam  from  Nikhat Sattar's articles .. maybe you guys also  can read her ..

https://www.dawn.com/authors/776/nikhat-sattar

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #16 - August 11, 2017, 01:00 PM

So I scribbled something in the above post for those madinthedunya  "PBS"  Islamic debating services. But my interest is not those PBS guys  but  Nikhat Sattar's articles ., She is a prolific writer in support of Islam through some SELECTIVE VERSES  from Quran as well  as some SELECTIVE SAYINGS from hadith ., I am very much fascinated with such good folks as Nikhat Sattar'(Wonderful Person) and their Islamic writings /interpretation of Quran verses

let me list her articles  on Islam .. She uses Quran verses profusely innumerable times to defend Islam in her works

1). Caring for others by  Nikhat Sattar August 11, 2017

2). Showing gratitude by Nikhat Sattar June 30, 2017

3). Self-purification by Nikhat Sattar   May 04, 2017

4). Faith & rationality by Nikhat Sattar  February 24, 2017

5). Muslim discourse by Nikhat Sattar   January 13,, 2017

6). A shining example by Nikhat Sattar    December 12, 2016

7) Power of prayer   by Nikhat Sattar   December 02, 2016

8 ). Female scholarship by Nikhat Sattar   November 04, 2016

9). Seed of arrogance by Nikhat Sattar   September 23, 2016

10). Accountable rule by Nikhat Sattar   July 01, 2016

11). Spreading rumours by Nikhat Sattar   May 20, 2016

12). Islamic morals by Nikhat Sattar   March 11, 2016

13). Missing knowledge by Nikhat Sattar  December 18, 2015

14). Quality of ‘sabr’ by Nikhat Sattar   January 29, 2016

15). moral agency by Nikhat Sattar   November 06, 2015

16). the narrow gate by Nikhat Sattar   August 14, 2015  

17). a fresh narrative by Nikhat Sattar   June 19, 2015

18). lesser-creations by Nikhat Sattar   May 08, 2015

19). most at risk by Nikhat Sattar   April 06, 2015

20). free to choose by Nikhat Sattar   March 27, 2015

21). mosque  and seminary by Nikhat Sattar   January 30, 2015

22). land-rights-in-islam by Nikhat Sattar   January 02, 2015

23). caring for parents by Nikhat Sattar   December 05, 2014

24). raising children by Nikhat Sattar   September 12, 2014

25). financial duties by Nikhat Sattar   January 29, 2016

26). reckoning with-in  by Nikhat Sattar   July 04, 2014

27). Ethics in islam by Nikhat Sattar   May 23, 2014

28). love of god  in Islam by Nikhat Sattar   February 14, 2014

29). The true essence of Muslim by Nikhat Sattar   December 06, 2013

30). The  worst of Times by Nikhat Sattar   January 29, 2016

31). Thoughts-on-haj by Nikhat Sattar   November 23, 2012

Hmm., do any of you readers know what that "PBS" stands for??

Reply #17 - August 13, 2017, 02:38 PM

They sound like common urban morons.
     Reply #18 - August 13, 2017, 02:55 PM

who Hsnake ...?? ...??  .. who are urban??  the PBS guys??

Reply #19 - August 13, 2017, 06:48 PM

Why do they sound like "common urban morons"?

Emphasis on the urban moron part.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »