Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Conference on Freedom of Conscience and Expression

(Read 5894 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Conference on Freedom of Conscience and Expression
     OP - July 24, 2017, 10:28 AM

It was a massive pleasure & honour to attended the "International Conference on Freedom of Conscience and Expression in the 21st Century" organised by the Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain. As a Muslim myself I totally support their campaign to break the taboo on leaving Islam and highlighting the psychological trauma of leaving Islam as well as the persecution, threats & violence ex-Muslims face on a daily basis from the community around them and often sadly their own family. Worse still is that in a country like the UK they are even attacked and maligned by others in the wider society who should know better & be supporting them and helping to protect them.

As a Muslim I stand with Maryam Namazie and all my brothers and sisters at CEMB.
     Reply #1 - July 24, 2017, 02:28 PM

I keep looking at the agnostic muslim khutbahs blog and see no updates. Are you still doing sermons?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #2 - July 24, 2017, 02:44 PM

Been busy and not given a Khutbah lately but I will later inshallah
     Reply #3 - July 24, 2017, 03:05 PM

Your language in the original post is separating yourself from us. We're not "they" and you don't need to be separating yourself from us with all this "as a Muslim" stuff.

I appreciate your support nonetheless.  Smiley

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #4 - July 25, 2017, 12:27 AM

asbie I'm using identity politics to challenge identity politics.
     Reply #5 - July 25, 2017, 01:19 AM

.................... using identity politics to challenge identity politics.............

let me put that in different words..

"Agnostic Muslim" playing  taqiyya game with all those  Muslims who believe Quran is word of some super duper deity  Allah or whatever other name   you all faith heads call that "Heeeeeeeeeeee"

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #6 - July 25, 2017, 05:06 AM

No. Let me put it another way: I'm trying to break down this "them & us" mentality.
     Reply #7 - July 25, 2017, 01:05 PM

Oh, asbie! Does it not suffice you that the people get words like “as a Muslim” and “them,” whereas we get Hassan himself? Oh asbie, do you not see that we are close to Hassan, as close as his inner garments, whereas the people get his outer garments? Oh asbie, do you not see that if the people were to traverse through one valley, and if we were to traverse through another, tougher valley, Hassan would traverse through the valley with us?  Have patience, therefore, with him, oh asbie.

-Agreed upon
     Reply #8 - July 25, 2017, 01:38 PM

Man you crack me up Bilal <3

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
     Reply #9 - July 25, 2017, 04:07 PM

Nooo. Let me put it another way:  ..

Cheesy  ...  Hassan  I used  "that word"  knowing well  it will push your buttons ..Cheesy

"I'm trying to break down this "them & us" mentality." ...Hassan Radwan

And that is what Ilike about you and your work around Muslim folks ., 

When you stand up for what you believe in  you change the world.   Though it is extremely difficult issue socially,   politically  and  religiously around Muslims to say what you say   on their face   " that Quran is NOT word of some super duper allah/god but words written by people of  its time ".,   You say it well  to Muslim folks  that too being a nominal cultural Muslim

Indeed it is a  cause that has potential to change a large part of humanity..  I say you must join in Politics of London if not England..  I have seen so many brainless Muslim peers in UK politics ., One  Hassan Radwan type Muslim guy  elected or unelected (Barons and Baronesses in the House of Lords) could have changed  a lot not only in England but around the globe..

Reply #10 - July 25, 2017, 07:16 PM

Thanks Yeezevee. It's rare to see such lucid thoughts from you - so I take that as a compliment.

I still think you're as a mad as a hatter tho lol

hugs
     Reply #11 - July 25, 2017, 08:48 PM

Hassan,

when i first came across your agnostic muslim concept i thought it was stupid.

How can you keep following a faith, if you have separated it from its god and therefore its divine authority

But ive been thinking about it, and what you are proposing is to effectively think about Islam in its most honest form.
    you start from the honest position that the quran is authored by a human and you think of Islam as an attempt to bring reformation to society in a specific time and place and the accumulated thought of 1400 years.

going forward Islam is then free to mould itself to whatever society it lives in.
    and it provides a way to create a community of people who need a faith to understand the world.

If I could choose i would completely free myself from the weight of a faith and just be an athiest, but looking around me i know people like my wife and various members of my extended family need a religion

I think i would prefer to live like an agnostic muslim rather than a closet ex muslim.
    I might try to go down this direction and see how my family and friends react.

I dont have much free time in my life, but if you need help with anything with regards to the agnostic muslim concept, i can try and help.

A perfectly just God who sentences his imperfect creation to infinite punishment for finite sins is impossible
     Reply #12 - July 26, 2017, 12:39 AM

Thanks asdie - much appreciated.

I'm not out to create a new religion or sect. I simply want to increase the options for Muslims other than the all or nothing options on offer at the moment.

For those who find leaving Islam is the option that makes them happy, they have my 100% support.

For those who don't want to leave Islam - I want them to know they don't have to stay imprisoned within the traditional framework. They can freely and unashamedly use their own reason to pick and choose and keep those things that gives them comfort & peace - without the disingenuous apologetics. I want to offer a third option. A more comfortable and safe landing place that won't have to tear their world & family apart.
     Reply #13 - July 26, 2017, 02:25 AM

asbie I'm using identity politics to challenge identity politics.

I guess it's just too advanced for me. And yeah, honestly you've done a lot in breaking down some barriers, although it's something that will go on throughout both our lifetimes. I can only have good will for that.

And lol ibn Bilal.  Cheesy

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #14 - July 26, 2017, 08:48 AM

Hassan

my message may have made it sound like i think of you as a new sect, and i get that you are not trying to do that,

I like that fact that you are doing something that i thought was impossible a few years ago, which is to deny the divinity of the Quran whilst not declaring yourself an apostate.  Sometimes people need to hear of someone making a choice before they become aware that the option is even a possibility. 

My family would laugh if they heard of your position, but once they hear about it, they also cant unhear it.

A perfectly just God who sentences his imperfect creation to infinite punishment for finite sins is impossible
     Reply #15 - July 26, 2017, 09:19 AM

I like that fact that you are doing something that i thought was impossible a few years ago, which is to deny the divinity of the Quran whilst not declaring yourself an apostate. .........

dear aside ...  please realize that it  is still impossible  for  1000 s of apostates,  millions of Muslim  folks who question certain parts of Quran and Islam  .  and a billion headless chickens in Islam ..

if  we say what Hassan says across the so-called Islamic lands where more than 70% folks are Muslims,  we do not know where  we or our body parts end up....  and and if you are  women  and say such stuff  or do something that muslim fools with in family do not approve  the result will be same as the fate of  Celine Dookhran......................an aspiring make-up young artist.

And that girl is from  Indian Muslim background  born and brought up in Kingston,   south west London, England

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-40716957

Reply #16 - September 19, 2017, 02:52 AM

in the midnight hour, she cried more more more. With a rebel yell, she cried more, more, more. More, more, more, more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdphvuyaV_I

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »