Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Looking for an old video debunking the Pharoah Miracle

(Read 3638 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Looking for an old video debunking the Pharoah Miracle
     OP - July 21, 2017, 11:52 AM

Hey there everyone. I have recently been looking for a video I found a very long time ago(over a year).

It covered the Ramses Pharaoh miracle in such detail and absolutely destroyed Maurice Bucaille's (and Yahya Harun's) book and claims/lies, which must have taken a lot of time and effort to gather the information. I believe it was 20mins to 30mins long. The picture wasn't great and there were little visual effects, and I think the voice was american?

Sorry for the poor description it's been so long since I saw it, and I haven;t looked at any of these kind of video's since. It was just so good it pretty much ruins his character and I think anybody who watches it would be dissuaded by anything else by him, so it would be memorable to people who have watched it.

I have a feeling it was on some atheist site somehow related to Hamza Tzortis replies. And anyway I want to put it on Youtube on a channel I'm starting and Translate it into Arabic.

Thanks all
     Reply #1 - July 21, 2017, 12:20 PM

Hey there everyone. I have recently been looking for a video I found a very long time ago(over a year).

It covered the Ramses Pharaoh miracle in such detail and absolutely destroyed Maurice Bucaille's (and Yahya Harun's) book and claims/lies, which must have taken a lot of time and effort to gather the information. I believe it was 20mins to 30mins long. The picture wasn't great and there were little visual effects, and I think the voice was american?  ...............

Hello blueskysea123 .. ... Hmm that is a good nick

So Hello  lifeless blue Sky and full of life blue Ocean.,   how are you doing? were you here in CEMBden before??

well I am not sure  it was  VOA(voice of american)  I think it was VOE...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtrWc0SKX9s

dose that voice sound like above?? well if it is we can get that for you..

with  best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - July 21, 2017, 12:43 PM

Sorry, I can't help you there, but if you're looking to debunk Moses I have some hastily prepared arguments in this video here (I think I come in around the 20 minute mark)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8N-DiXG9Nw

and some druken ones in this blog.

There's no evidence at all, for any of it. Not for a historical Moses, not for the slaves, not for the plagues, not for the desert wanderings, nothing. I'm a little drunk right now but I'll try to give an idea.

The first thing to mention is that there's no real evidence of jewish slaves in ancient Egypt, at least not in the scale the abrahamic religions would have us believe. At the time of the supposed uprising there were 600,000 families, which works out to about two million people. Two million people who lived under hardship and tyrannical rule. Let's not even mention that the ancient Egyptians treated slaves as a common practise in ways that are completely contradictory to this. Let's not even mention that they couldn't of built the pyramids because they were supposedly enslaved around three centuries AFTER the completion of the pyramids in 1750 B.C.

First off, the Egyptians kept good records. It's how we know so much about them. If they lost two million of their slaves, the economy would have collapsed overnight. Never happened. The competing empires would have smelled blood in the water. Never happened. There's not a single footnote even among the Roman Empire that says "Hey, hear what happened in Egypt?" It would of been big news. No mention of it. Anywhere. Nothing.

The desert they were lost in for 40 years? 120 miles across. They could of walked from one end to the other in a week. There are people who crossed the width of America, which is what, 2700 miles? 3000 miles? Took them a year. The better part of three thousand miles and you cross it in a year. 120? Two million people, used to the desert, are lost for four decades.

You also have to wonder why they did it in the first place. Egypt is basically the Nile. Just 50 miles the other way a huge body of fresh water that no one knew was there. If god wanted them safe, wouldn't that make more sense? But no. Two million desert natives lost for 40 years in a desert they would of crossed in one week.

While living there for all that time, they left nothing. No pottery. No hebrew writing. No camp remains. No food remains. No place of worship, no discarded or ripped piece of cloth, nothing.

And that really sums it up, there's nothing. No records of losing a quarter of the entire population. No records of economic downturn. No evidence of families surviving in the desert. There wasn't even a labour shortage.

You'd almost think it was made up.

The entire story seems to be a plagiarism of Sargon of Akkad, a story that pre-dates Moses by a millennia. While he was clearly a brilliant military leader, it was the story he told of his youth and rise to power that exerted a powerful influence over the Sumerians he sought to conquer. Instead of representing himself as a man chosen by the gods to rule, he presented a much humbler image of himself as an orphan set adrift in life who was taken in by a kind gardener and granted the love of the goddess Inanna. His mother could not reveal her pregnancy or keep the child, and so she placed him in a basket which she then let go on the Euphrates River. She had sealed the basket with tar, and the water carried him safely to where he was later found by a man named Akki who was a gardener for Ur-Zababa, the king of the Sumerian city of Kish. In creating this legend, Sargon carefully distanced himself from the kings of the past (who claimed divine right) and aligned himself with the common people of the region rather than the ruling elite. Sound familiar?

Just to give a clear idea, compare his birth to Mose' birth in the bible and quran..

Exodus 2, 1-10

And there went a man of the house of Levi, and took to wife a daughter of Levi.

And the woman conceived, and bare a son: and when she saw him that he was a goodly child, she hid him three months.

And when she could not longer hide him, she took for him an ark of bulrushes, and daubed it with slime and with pitch, and put the child therein; and she laid it in the reeds by the river's brink.

And his sister stood afar off, to wit what would be done to him.

And the daughter of Pharaoh came down to wash herself at the river; and her maidens walked along by the river's side; and when she saw the ark among the reeds, she sent her maid to fetch it.

And when she had opened it, she saw the child: and, behold, the babe wept. And she had compassion on him, and said, This is one of the Hebrews' children.

Then said his sister to Pharaoh's daughter, Shall I go and call to thee a nurse of the Hebrew women, that she may nurse the child for thee?

And Pharaoh's daughter said to her, Go. And the maid went and called the child's mother.

And Pharaoh's daughter said unto her, Take this child away, and nurse it for me, and I will give thee thy wages. And the women took the child, and nursed it.

And the child grew, and she brought him unto Pharaoh's daughter, and he became her son. And she called his name Moses: and she said, Because I drew him out of the water.

Surat Al-Qaşaş 2-13

These are revelations of the Scripture that maketh plain.

We narrate unto thee (somewhat) of the story of Moses and Pharaoh with truth, for folk who believe.

Lo! Pharaoh exalted himself in the earth and made its people castes. A tribe among them he oppressed, killing their sons and sparing their women. Lo! he was of those who work corruption.

And We desired to show favour unto those who were oppressed in the earth, and to make them examples and to make them the inheritors,

And to establish them in the earth, and to show Pharaoh and Haman and their hosts that which they feared from them.

And We inspired the mother of Moses, saying: Suckle him and, when thou fearest for him, then cast him into the river and fear not nor grieve. Lo! We shall bring him back unto thee and shall make him (one) of Our messengers.

And the family of Pharaoh took him up, that he might become for them an enemy and a sorrow, Lo! Pharaoh and Haman and their hosts were ever sinning.

And the wife of Pharaoh said: (He will be) a consolation for me and for thee. Kill him not. Peradventure he may be of use to us, or we may choose him for a son. And they perceived not.

And the heart of the mother of Moses became void, and she would have betrayed him if We had not fortified her heart, that she might be of the believers.

And she said unto his sister: Trace him. So she observed him from afar, and they perceived not.

And We had before forbidden foster-mothers for him, so she said: Shall I show you a household who will rear him for you and take care of him?

So We restored him to his mother that she might be comforted and not grieve, and that she might know that the promise of Allah is true. But most of them know not.

Sargon -

Sargon, the mighty king, King of Agade, am I. My mother was a vestal, my father I knew not, while my father's brother dwelt in the mountains. In my city Azuripani, which is situated on the bank of the Euphrates, my mother, the vestal, bore me. In a hidden place she brought me forth. She laid me in a vessel made of reeds, closed my door with pitch, and dropped me down into the river, which did not drown me. The river carried me to Akki, the water carrier. Akki the water carrier lifted me up in the kindness of his heart, Akki the water carrier raised me as his own son, Akki the water carrier made of me his gardener. In my work as a gardener I was beloved by Ishtar, I became the king, and for forty-five years I held kingly sway.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #3 - July 21, 2017, 03:15 PM

was it by a guy called Klingshore by any chance,

he was quite good, but had a change of heart and removed all his videos

A perfectly just God who sentences his imperfect creation to infinite punishment for finite sins is impossible
     Reply #4 - July 23, 2017, 01:53 PM

Thanks for all of your help guys. It was a video on the so called pharaoh miracle with the preserve body. There's a small video here of the miracle being debunked https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtK_BZ828nc

The one that I saw went into Maurice's books and went through all the BS including him making up references, other lies, scientific and historical errors, and showing other actual authorities on the subject knew he was wrong. There was so much research done I didn't want it to go to waste. I may have to try and recreate it myself.

If anyone else finds it please post it on this thread. Thanks!
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »