Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Cult of Social Justice

(Read 26853 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Cult of Social Justice
     Reply #60 - July 26, 2017, 04:58 PM

He's an officeholder that the majority of the political establishment finds "bad for business". In that sense the hysteria about him is understandable, as there hasn't been one of his sort in thor knows how long.

They didn't find him bad for business until they could no longer profit from Trump's lobbying and political "donations". He is more like a lobbyist that cut passed the middleman of politicians directly to the highest position in government. He has no chain to hold him back nor is there a huge paycheck for others when they entertain special interest groups. Of course of entrenched bureaucrats pretending to be politicians are running scared.

The only nuance is that the Republican establishment finds him a useful idiot.

Rino's do. The conservative minority has been a little bit more consistent. Well as far as politicians go. So like a drunk painting a straight line a mile long.

But when they no longer do they'll dump/impeach/whatever so they can get on with their "business".

They will not impeach him unless they have a good reason. Republican hold all the cards right now as far as a party goes. Granted the party has it's internal divides. However the Republican have not had this level of control in decades. They are not going to put Trump on a stake due to public outcry.

Pence has far more conservative leanings than a moderate Republican would. Close to a Bible Belt Republican persona like Cruz. That isn't in moderates nor Rino's interests. There is also the midterm elections to consider. The Trump support based in those states could be a major factor. Ousting Trump too early could backfire. I do not expect anything until after the midterm swing. Depending on the results Trump may stay anyways.

I find it hard to comment on "the left losing it's mind".

I mean the obsession many on the left have with Trump. At almost anytime I can flip on CNN or MSNBC to see Trump covered. Some of it important but some it is so absurd such as "Melina battled his hand away" or the edited clips of other hand shaking. I can literally hear the unspoken "Dude got burned!". There is rarely balance coverage anymore.

I think it's hard to argue that a lot of what he says or does is not typical anyway. He's the first president whose specialty niche is to be a troll and put others on tilt. It's understandable that his opponents would respond.

That was part of his appeal. He is not a typical politician. A lot of his opponents are in damage control and it is hilarious.

Reply #61 - July 26, 2017, 05:08 PM

Why can't he be a white supremacist, Bernie and Trump supporter all at once?

As one of those two are in conflict. It means he is uninformed or stupid. Given his record of brain damage probably both.

Is a coherent ideology something we have to ascribe to the man?

Is white supremacy a coherent ideology? Yes or no. If not what use is there in calling it an ideology. Just call the guy a racist and be done with it. One is a social and political view, the other is not.

He's a fuck who likes to commit violence to further his end. I hate to break it to supporters of any ideology, however pure and wonderful yours might be, but there are always dudes like that among any of your ranks.

I just think him being a nutcase has far more to do with his violence that his conflicting views as a basis for said violence. After all I think it is safe to say Bernie was the most egalitarian candidate running. That does not square with white supremacy. 
     Reply #62 - July 26, 2017, 05:24 PM

If you merely dismiss any racial bias as pure product of mental issues then we have no common ground. I think people are capable of being convinced to accept stupid ideas not solely because of mental health problems but due to lack of education, charisma of the advocate and the fact there are a lot of stupid people to con. Many do it unconsciously because the idea is something that comforts them.
     Reply #63 - July 26, 2017, 09:25 PM

I tend to go with stupid, as it's a much more explanatory model. There are a lot of stupid, violent people in the world.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #64 - July 26, 2017, 11:11 PM

If you merely dismiss any racial bias as pure product of mental issues then we have no common ground. I think people are capable of being convinced to accept stupid ideas not solely because of mental health problems but due to lack of education, charisma of the advocate and the fact there are a lot of stupid people to con. Many do it unconsciously because the idea is something that comforts them.

White supremacy is not a bias or a stupid idea, it is crazy talk. It is the concept that white people are inherently better than any other people- a superior race. If a person can be convinced that all others are subhuman then we do have crazy, and I am not referring to mental health issues. I am not talking about people with bipolar disorder or people who are ignorant and think people of color can't speak English. I am talking psychopathic maniacal asshole material, here. People who embrace white supremacy are not uneducated. They are convinced, often by means of educational materials, no matter how flawed, that they are superior. It takes a certifiable kind of insane arrogance to pull that off internally. These people are twisted by hate, and they are inhuman.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #65 - July 27, 2017, 04:59 AM

White supremacy is not a bias or a stupid idea, it is crazy talk.

No it is still an idea.

It is the concept that white people are inherently better than any other people- a superior race.

A concept hence an idea about something.

If a person can be convinced that all others are subhuman then we do have crazy, and I am not referring to mental health issues.

No. It just means there are a lot of stupid people.

If you are not referring to crazy as a mental health issue than you need to define by what you mean not the lack of.

I am not talking about people with bipolar disorder or people who are ignorant and think people of color can't speak English. I am talking psychopathic maniacal asshole material, here. People who embrace white supremacy are not uneducated.

Flip/flop You are not talking about mental heath issues in one breath then talking about in the next set of sentences. Make up your mind.

Educated does not equate intelligence. Hence why I use the word stupid along side other factors.

They are convinced, often by means of educational materials, no matter how flawed, that they are superior.

If they are basing their views on misinformation by means a educational material are they not ignorant anyways?

It takes a certifiable kind of insane arrogance to pull that off internally. These people are twisted by hate, and they are inhuman.

Hilarious. You complain about people dehumanizing others than you do it yourself. Pot meet kettle.

They lack empathy sure. They act inhumane. They are not inhuman.
     Reply #66 - July 27, 2017, 10:50 AM

umph...if I'm feeling better tomorrow, remind me to do a research piece on why people choose supremacist movements and how good people can be convinced to do evil things. If I still feel like chills and nausea, send me food : mysmilie_977

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #67 - July 27, 2017, 11:00 AM

I send you a good Moroccan lentil stew. Don't eat it if you don't feel up to it.

Interestingly enough, many white supremacists tattoo themselves with Crazy White Boy. It's one of their little secret flags.

Reply #68 - July 27, 2017, 12:15 PM

Hilarious. You complain about people dehumanizing others than you do it yourself. Pot meet kettle.

They lack empathy sure. "They act inhumane. They are not inhuman."

bogart  says that to these words of "three"
    White supremacy is not a bias or a stupid idea, it is crazy talk. .................................................
    .................. These people are twisted by hate, and they are inhuman.

And I  am pulling my hair to understand the concept of   "Human and Inhuman "

What is Human and what is inhuman?  
    Can a human species act  "inhuman"?  
    If a human does act inhuman then,  could we call that human species in-human?
    Or are  we using these words just as polemics....  a cultural relativity definitions?

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #69 - July 27, 2017, 12:22 PM

........... Moroccan lentil stew..............

what is  Moroccan lentil stew??   is it a flashy name??

is it not lentil dal??    and I tell you Indian subcontinent has so many varieties of lentil dal .....literally 1000s of them... no one can beat them in food varieties  lol..

Reply #70 - July 27, 2017, 06:31 PM

Have you ever been to China, yeez? I hear they eat a lot of stuff.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #71 - July 27, 2017, 06:43 PM

Have you ever been to China, yeez?

NoI had not been to china but  i have have worked with many Chinese Colleagues and many Chinese students worked with me  dear asbie

I hear they eat a lot of stuff.

Hmm    we must tell them NOT TO EAT EVERYTHING  and that includes poor folks from Pakistan ...   Kristin Huang  wrote a nice story on that ......

but asbie watch that 2nd video from  that Vaccine and war on them  folder

Reply #72 - July 27, 2017, 11:44 PM

Yes I told you I know I am doing it. I have mentioned before there are three kinds of people I can't seem to view as human.
    Sexual predators
    Meth addicts
    and haters

It's not something I can rectify, and I have tried.

Reply #73 - July 27, 2017, 11:46 PM

what is  Moroccan lentil stew??   is it a flashy name??

is it not lentil dal??    and I tell you Indian subcontinent has so many varieties of lentil dal .....literally 1000s of them... no one can beat them in food varieties  lol..

It's different from the dahl I have had, and right now I like it a bit better, though it's been a long time since I had decent dahl in any subcontinent style.

Reply #74 - July 28, 2017, 11:42 PM

NoI had not been to china but  i have have worked with many Chinese Colleagues and many Chinese students worked with me  dear asbie
    Hmm    we must tell them NOT TO EAT EVERYTHING  and that includes poor folks from Pakistan ...   Kristin Huang  wrote a nice story on that ......

but asbie watch that 2nd video from  that Vaccine and war on them  folder

Couldn't find the article from Ms. Huang that you mention. When did she write it?

And I'll see about the other video, lol. Giving me homework. What kind of a teacher were you anyway?

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #75 - July 29, 2017, 07:23 PM

Yes I told you I know I am doing it. I have mentioned before there are three kinds of people I can't seem to view as human.
    Sexual predators
    Meth addicts
    and haters

Do you extend that  idea other people may have the same difficulty but with different "groupings"?
     Reply #76 - July 29, 2017, 07:53 PM

Sexual predators
    Meth addicts
    and haters

Do you extend that  idea other people may have the same difficulty but with different "groupings"?

boy this is good stuff and very time consuming

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    2 large onions, chopped
    3 large cloves garlic, minced
    2 heaped teaspoons ground coriander
    2 heaped teaspoons ground cumin
    1 teaspoon turmeric
    3/4 teaspoons paprika
    1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon allspice (optional)
    1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons kosher salt (to begin with), then to taste
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    7 cups vegetable broth
    1 24-ounce can crushed tomatoes
    2 cups dried red lentils, rinsed and picked over
    a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
    juice of 1 lemon
    a small splash of red wine vinegar (about 1/2 tablespoon)
    3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
    Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or dutch oven over medium-high heat.  Add the onions and cook until tender, about 6 minutes.  Add the garlic, coriander, cumin, turmeric, paprika, cinnamon, and allspice.  Cook for another minute or two, stirring to coat the onions.  Add the broth, tomatoes and salt, and bring to a boil.  Pour into a slow cooker, and stir in the lentils.  Cook for 4 to 5 hours on high, or 6-8 hours on low, or until the lentils are tender.

Stir in the lemon juice, a small splash of red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, cilantro, and parsley.  Season to taste again with kosher salt.   Cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes.

Hmm..4 to 5hrs  or 6  to 8 hrs + More.....very expensive  well ..:lawyers ..courts and JUSTICE  is expensive

Reply #77 - July 30, 2017, 12:59 AM

Do you extend that  idea other people may have the same difficulty but with different "groupings"?

Yeah. I posit that there are sick bastards out there.
    I think judging a person inhuman for how they are born is a bit different than judging them inhuman by their actions, though.

Reply #78 - July 30, 2017, 01:44 AM

Yeah. I posit that there are sick bastards out there.
    I think judging a person inhuman for how they are born is a bit different than judging them inhuman by their actions, though.

So...are you able to extend that logic to someone like toor who hates people for being born
    cisgender, white, heterosexual, able-bodied...man

instead of for their actions?

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #79 - July 30, 2017, 01:57 AM

Even then I'd make a distinction between someone who makes a mistake and a genuine sociopath. But anyway
    Sexual predators / Meth addicts / and haters

- we seem to be in agreement.
     Reply #80 - July 30, 2017, 07:38 AM

hmm..  some of you guys appears to be either lawyers or law students,........

• Re: The Cult of Social Justice
     Reply #81 - July 30, 2017, 09:49 AM

So...are you able to extend that logic to someone like toor who hates people for being born

You know, I think I wasn't being specific enough when I called you spectacularly illiterate when it suited you to be; your niche now appears to be weaponised idiocy.

I referred to specific demographic elements that are favoured by the status quo in various western societies, as anyone who bothered to read the post in question could see for themselves.

Ah yes, a radical identification with the status quo. Excellent.

Yes, pity the poor cisgender, white, heterosexual, able-bodied, right-wing capitalist man, who dominates our institutions and our societies  (as you yourself must admit, or none of what you go on to say makes much sense). The spectacle of people able to deny their privileges despite being their chief beneficiaries is quite something to look at; in this view of the world, challenges to one's dominance - or to one's attempts to expand it - are actually keenly felt oppressions (because such an argument is nothing if it does not co-opt the language of its wielder's enemies).

Reply #82 - July 30, 2017, 09:54 AM

I referred to specific demographic elements that are favoured by the status quo, as anyone who bothered to read the post in question could see for themselves.

Yes, "favored" by Patriarchy, or "status quo" or whatever other smoke screen you want to put up to obscure the fact that you're a bigot who wants to discriminate against people based on the circumstances of their birth. The fact is tho that there if there is no "system" to make these guys "privileged", that they're not, and so your proposed discrimination against them is immoral. And since you have repeatedly failed to provide any evidence of this system of privilege that favors them, the only conclusion that unbelievers like me can come to is that it doesn't exist and you believe it on faith for bad reasons.

Reply #83 - July 30, 2017, 10:08 AM

So not mere weaponised idiocy but the genuine article it is, then.

I've said as much as I care to on the matter without repeating myself, except for this distilled point: the class struggle is real, and race and gender structures exist within class structures. If you won't see that, good for you.
     Reply #84 - July 30, 2017, 10:10 AM

So not mere weaponised idiocy but the genuine article it is, then.

Gubba nub nub doo rah kah.

Reply #85 - July 30, 2017, 10:20 AM

My goodness gracious .. what a debate and discussion ..  we should discuss     the subject of

"The Cult of Social Justice  Vs  The Cult of Divine Justice "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBwhYP_F6-8

fUntastic    fantastic  ... hmm good to watch..  make  that  brain work.. Racal  eats up20% of oxygen you  breath ...  

Oops ..Now I wonder is all that 20% oxygen consumed in that ~1300 gms of brain  just to make stupid ATP?

Reply #86 - July 30, 2017, 01:27 PM

You're on some serious shit if you think that the quoted out of context statement of toor's is remotely equivalent to hate.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #87 - July 30, 2017, 01:28 PM

hmm..  some of you guys appears to be either lawyers or law students,........

Well you dodged my question it seems. :p

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #88 - July 30, 2017, 02:30 PM

Well you dodged my question it seems. :p

hu!  what?  which Question  and in which folder asbie?   may be you dumped the question in an unimportant folder  or your question may have in-built answer  ..lol..

here this is  from  that Sandland news is  important http://www.arabnews.com/node/1135011/media

it says  Al Jazeera terror’ video highlights two sides of Qatari broadcaster with this video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-0ffjnDMsY

that is how fucking propaganda  of SAND LAND SAUD SNAKES  works  dear asbie....  any way i do not give a shit to it but the pulse of people under that news is important..

We Pakistani Muslims enslaved these Indian Hindus for 1000 yrs. Gazwehind zindabad ....  says mehboob gani

India is the closest ally of Israel. Since we say ISIS means Israel State (with collaboration) of India State. Israel helps India with his modern arms. ISIS made by Israel & US. US conducted by Israel.  ... says Muhammad Jamal Uddin  javed

so one  guy does not know that 1000 years ago  there was no Pakistan.,   and the other guy  thinks  everything that is odd and bad in Islam is because of  juice ....hindus.... cats,  dogs,  snakes..etc..etc..  but NOT BECAUSE OF ISLAMIC INTELLECTUALS,  HEROES OF ISLAM AND ISLAMIC HISTORIANS +ISLAM'S  SO-CALLED SCRIPTURES..

unfortunately both appears to  born and brought up in sand land to   migrated parents from Pakistan .. The name of Pakistan is often ruined by scoundrels born outside of Pakistan to the migrant Pakistan families..

well that is life of uninformed folks that can not read  history and learn from it ..

Anyways   asbie what is your question again ?? Cheesy

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #89 - July 30, 2017, 09:27 PM

Yes, "favored" by Patriarchy, or "status quo" or whatever other smoke screen you want to put up to obscure the fact that you're a bigot who wants to discriminate against people based on the circumstances of their birth. The fact is tho that there if there is no "system" to make these guys "privileged", that they're not, and so your proposed discrimination against them is immoral. And since you have repeatedly failed to provide any evidence of this system of privilege that favors them, the only conclusion that unbelievers like me can come to is that it doesn't exist and you believe it on faith for bad reasons.

Wow. I had no idea.

• Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »