Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ex Muslim Pakistani Girls

(Read 5452 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ex Muslim Pakistani Girls
     OP - July 11, 2017, 12:00 AM

Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is doing well!

I'm new on this post...been an ex Muslim for a few years now and never knew this community existed!

I would be interested to hear stories from any other Ex Muslims but especially girls from the Pakistani community in the UK like myself.

Just to introduce you to myself.

Although I don't believe in religion I still believe in a God and I dislike being called an agnostic or atheist.

Being who I am I came out to my family and community and of course the news was not taken very well, specially because I'm married to an atheist now.

I don't shy away tough or hide from my community or family I keep in contact with those who want to and proud to be who I am.

It's only when I came out of the whole circle of the muslim community and family I realised how uneducated and unwilling muslims can be to listen and understand.

I would get the typical responses when muslims found out I no longer follow Islam which any ex muslim I suppose would get and its not been easy dealing with Family and the Pakistani community either.

There are very rare Muslims I can actually talk to who are willing to listen and open up.

On one hand I can empathize with Muslims as they are only trying to do their best from their point of view of being a Muslim but on the other I can get to a point where I get frustrated too.

As hard as it can be at times I still strongly believe in keeping in touch with Family and the community regardless because our presence should be heard.

I'd like to hear from any other Pakistani Ex Muslim Girls in the UK and their stories as I'm sure I'm not the only one out there.

TRRR...

Reply #1 - July 11, 2017, 12:15 AM

parrot Welcome!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #2 - July 11, 2017, 01:07 AM

Welcome to the forum T Ragu. Have a rabbit!  bunny

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #3 - July 11, 2017, 01:48 AM

far away hug Hi Guys...
     Reply #4 - July 11, 2017, 07:18 AM

Pakistani female in the UK here. I came out about my apostasy and white boyfriend. It was received very badly, tried to make it work but they just emotionally blackmailed me the entire time. There's only so much I'm willing to take. I left 8 years ago and haven't looked back since. I'm still in contact with 2 family members secretly.
     Reply #5 - July 11, 2017, 08:39 AM

Hi PeruvianSkies....good to hear from you.  Yeah it's sad having to go through the whole blackmailing...hope you and your partner are good.
     Reply #6 - July 11, 2017, 01:15 PM

A movie based on the real life experience of Pakistani-American comedian Kumail Nanjiani is playing in the US: 'The Big Sick'.  It covers his  atheism and affair with white girlfriend and reaction of his observant Pakitani family.   Got very good reviews and maybe if some Pakistani parents watched it it could make them see things a little more tolerantly.

Reply #7 - July 11, 2017, 06:18 PM

Hi Unifier...what's your background? That sounds interesting will look into....thanks...from my experience the Pakistani community are more tolerant towards guys then they are with girls...I have guy family members who have partners outside their faith....dosent work when it comes to girls...
     Reply #8 - July 12, 2017, 03:38 AM

Peruvian Skies, I am so sorry that you are going through this. But you seem safe and that is the most important thing.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men (and women) to do nothing" -Edmund Burke
     Reply #9 - July 12, 2017, 12:54 PM

Hi Unifier...what's your background? That sounds interesting will look into....thanks...from my experience the Pakistani community are more tolerant towards guys then they are with girls...I have guy family members who have partners outside their faith....dosent work when it comes to girls...

UK expat living in New York.  White, not an ex-muslim, despite avatar assigned by to me by CEMB.   Genuinely sympathetic to all parties dealing with the challenges of Islam.   Admire your determination to stay in touch with family, community and be out in the open about your ideas. 

Reply #10 - July 12, 2017, 01:39 PM

Welcome. Ex-muslim Bangladeshi guy...my mum invented emotional blackmail
     Reply #11 - July 12, 2017, 01:39 PM

bunny
     Reply #12 - July 16, 2017, 01:23 PM

I've o my come out to one of my sisters. Don't know if I'll ever tell my parents about being an atheist. I have a white boyfriend who is a secret but only that sister know. I'd probably tell my parents about him if it becomes serious like marriage. My parents are very traditional Pakistani people.
     Reply #13 - July 17, 2017, 06:37 AM

I've heard horror stories of the experiences of English girls of Pakistani heritage.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #14 - July 17, 2017, 07:36 PM

So Pakistani people seem like one of the most conservative muslims in the world.
     Reply #15 - July 18, 2017, 03:01 AM

So many pakis. Cheesy

its good....

hopefully one day they'll have a voice in their own country Smiley
     Reply #16 - July 18, 2017, 09:20 AM

So Pakistani people seem like one of the most conservative muslims in the world.

Definitely feels like it. I remember the first time I was exposed to non-Pakistani muslims, I was shocked by how laid back they were.
     Reply #17 - July 18, 2017, 03:15 PM

Welcome to the forum T Ragu! I'm a female ex-Muslim of Pakistani ethnic origin living in the UK too. Always great to hear from people with similar experiences! You can read about my situation here: https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30949.0
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »